NEW Suite Upgrades....

This was also a special treat for our 40 th wedding anniversary. It was such a big disappointment. As I said before we did a sky suite on celebrity and the servic and room were unbelievable. You even have a butler in a sky suite. Not that I need a butler but I do believe the most expensive suite on any ship should have personalized service. We were told there were too many pinnacle members to give us the attention that the royal suite usually gets .that is no excuse for poor service. They should get extra help to avoid these issues.

Yes it is very disappointing when things don't go as well as they should have.We also got the too many pinnacle members line too.

We will have to try a sky suite on the celebrity as just the name sounds lovely.Not that I want or need a butler but it is nice if you are paying a lot of money to get some personalized service.

Maybe that will be part of their New suite perks upgrade.More personalized service if not it should be.

Edited by Jasp 0401

Our first cruise will be on the Liberty of the Seas this October, and we've booked a Junior Suite. Now, I full understand that those of us in the "cheap suites" don't get many of the perks and bennies as the real suites.

With that being said, this will give us our first impression, and help us decide either way if we want to pay more for a gold seapass, or conclude it's not really worth it and stick to a standard balcony stateroom for future cruises.

I might be just a TEENSY bit prejudiced, but I LOVE the GS. sure JS ( some of them at least) have walk in closets. and you do get more room, relatively speaking. and the double points. but there is just something about that gold card that makes it a touch more luxurious. I really like the access to Chops( or similar) for a less crowded cooked to order breakfast.

I also use the CL all day long, not just during cocktail hour. the ability to quickly grab a latte or cappuccino or a less frenetic continental breakfast makes it worth my while. especially since the CL has a toaster so you can toast that DIVINE cranberry stollen and slather it with butter...*drooooool* i do miss the fact they no longer have mini sandwiches during the mid afternoon, for those ships without a park cafe it was perfect. (i'd settle for some of the sushi from Izumi..)

and recently I have noticed an effort to do more for suite guests, such as a special luncheon, or Officers' cocktail party.

I also like the reserved seating for the Ice show. ( and I probably would enjoy the Aqua theater if I ever sailed a ship with one)

Our last 10-12 cruises have all been in a GS...and we could care less about any "Perks" we do not even us the CL, except the first night just to introduce ourselves...other than that it is a Zoo...although with what I'm hearing lately about D and D+, it may be better next cruise.

We simply like, the layout of a GS...closer to a standard Hotel room with a normal sized bathroom, closets, etc.

I don't think the "perks" they offer are much to get excited about in the first place...

So yes, maybe it is time they made some improvements...

Edited by B-52

Hello! Does anyone know if Radiance has suite breakfast! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the Radiance each day they have a continental breakfast in the CL. Then one day during the cruise they but on either a brunch or cocktail party in Giovanni's Table with the Captain and some of the senior staff.

As a Pinnacle Member I would be very disappointed if our presence or that of fellow Ps actually caused a lack of service to the top suite Guests. It is rare that a large number of Pinnacle members are on the same cruise. Yes on the TA's or a new ship there will be alot, but in general it would be under 10.

I also agree that Royal would benefit from looking at how the options available to Suite Guests can be improved.

However under the current set up Suites do not get a butler, and those that book suites are aware of that. They only have access to a concierge whose services are shared by other guests, therefore not a personalised service. It may be the case that when those that choose to pay the extra for space, also want a more personalised service, they may have to book elsewhere. That in turn may make Royal review their Suite offering when compared to other lines, I hope that is the case. Until then we will continue to only book a JS or Balcony, if I need more space I will stay at home. :D

This was also a special treat for our 40 th wedding anniversary. It was such a big disappointment. As I said before we did a sky suite on celebrity and the servic and room were unbelievable. You even have a butler in a sky suite. Not that I need a butler but I do believe the most expensive suite on any ship should have personalized service. We were told there were too many pinnacle members to give us the attention that the royal suite usually gets .that is no excuse for poor service. They should get extra help to avoid these issues.

Yes it is very disappointing when things don't go as well as they should have.We also got the too many pinnacle members line too.

We will have to try a sky suite on the celebrity as just the name sounds lovely.Not that I want or need a butler but it is nice if you are paying a lot of money to get some personalized service.

Maybe that will be part of their New suite perks upgrade.More personalized service if not it should be.

They only have access to a concierge whose services are shared by other guests, therefore not a personalised service. It may be the case that when those that choose to pay the extra for space, also want a more personalised service, they may have to book elsewhere.

I have almost always found the concierge to be adequate for my needs, HOWEVER, I have also witnessed instances when no one could speak with the concierge because he was being completely monopolized by passengers who thought he was their private butler!:eek: Last year on boarding day on the Navigator, we had to wait quite a while to speak to Ricardo. There was a couple (I don't know if they were suite or loyalty, and it really isn't important to the story) painstakingly discussing every excursion in every port, every restaurant, every available spa treatment!:rolleyes: Ricardo either couldn't or wouldn't extricate himself from the situation, so the lounge filled with people who needed a quick word with the shared concierge.:( I think in situations like that, if someone doesn't have enough sense (or manners) to share time, the concierge needs to find a diplomatic way to get the needy people to come back at a less busy time when he can provide the undivided attention they're seeking!:rolleyes:

Edited by Cindy

Hello! Does anyone know if Radiance has suite breakfast! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suite Breakfast will be in Chops.

I'm currently on Radiance. No daily suite breakfast or gold card area in dining room like we've had on other ships. As was mentioned above.....there is a Suite breakfast party one morning with top officers. On both of our cruises it was held at 9:30 am in Giovannis.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I'm currently on Radiance. No daily suite breakfast or gold card area in dining room like we've had on other ships. As was mentioned above.....there is a Suite breakfast party one morning with top officers. On both of our cruises it was held at 9:30 am in Giovannis.

Thanks for info!! Hope you are having a great cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concierge-I think the main issue here is that the concierge-is only available, for face to face communication for a few hours in the morning and during the 'cocktail hour'. Yes, I know they are available by phone but some of us still cling to human contact!! LOL;) I've always learned, if you need to talk to one, that is the best time, in the morning. At night, these rooms are small to begin with, loud and sorry-but some cruisers just want to hang out with them and try to be their life time friend.

A concierge should in no way be confused with a butler as that is two different services. I do feel Royal needs to evaluate 'concierge service' as many are cruising for the first time and do need help or direction. To some, they may sound annoying as they have so many questions but that is the one main reason to have concierge service and the true job of a concierge one would think. Cindy makes a very valid point that people that have many questions need time for this and maybe it could be known that private consultation time can be reserved with the concierge. At least I think it can.:confused:

On many ships, there is one concierge for all suite, Pinnacle, and Diamond plus. That is ridiculous if Royal thinks one person can handle the needs of all of these passengers.

Another observation. Many here have made me reinforce my feelings on how important consistency amongst amenities are important. This thread alone shows how the same class ships do completely different things. It's time to have a standard amenities common to every ship in that class IMO.

Edited by Debde

You might want to also join a "cabin crawl." You can usually find more information in the Meet and Mingle Roll Calls section of this website. That's if your cruise offers a Meet and Mingle get together and a fellow cruiser has organized a cabin crawl. If they do, then do it! There's nothing better than seeing firsthand the different layouts of each stateroom and how much floor space, drawer space, bathroom space, etc each offers.

If you see someone on boarding day coming out of a suite ask nicely if they mind if you look at the cabin. I have never been opposed to letting someone check out my cabin. Later in the trip when we have belongings out of suitcases I may be reluctant to do this, but on the first day it is no issue for me. You may, and will, have some people look at you like you are insane, but it never hurts to ask. In Feb on IOS I made a young honeymooning couples day by letting them look around my GS. They had an interior across the hall. We invited them to join us on the balcony for sail away and shared a bottle of champagne to celebrate their marriage.:)

...but some cruisers just want to hang out with them and try to be their life time friend.

A concierge should in no way be confused with a butler as that is two different services. I do feel Royal needs to evaluate 'concierge service' as many are cruising for the first time and do need help or direction. To some, they may sound annoying as they have so many questions but that is the one main reason to have concierge service and the true job of a concierge one would think. Cindy makes a very valid point that people that have many questions need time for this and maybe it could be known that private consultation time can be reserved with the concierge. At least I think it can.:confused:

The couple I'm talking about appeared to be very experienced cruisers...I think they fell into the life-time friend seekers category!:eek:

Edited by Cindy

This thread does make me think about the high numbers of "it's all about me" cruisers out there.:(

On our Serenade cruise last week, there was a group the first night who was completely monopolizing the CL. They were playing cards and literally screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs. It was so unpleasant we left and went over to the DL. The group was a little quieter as the week went by, but we still had to take care to not be seated close to them if we wanted to carry on a conversation.

I know concierges are in the "yes" business and certainly don't want to risk offending a paying customer by telling them to tone it down, but I wish all people would remember they're sharing a confined space with many other people. Everyone has a right to enjoy themselves and receive the services they've paid for/earned, but it should never be at the expense of others being able to do the same.

On our Serenade cruise last week, there was a group the first night who was completely monopolizing the CL. They were playing cards and literally screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs. It was so unpleasant we left and went over to the DL. The group was a little quieter as the week went by, but we still had to take care to not be seated close to them if we wanted to carry on a conversation.

This made me laugh as I thought of the days when children became allowed in the CL how everyone was screaming it was an Adult atmosphere and children and their antics should not be permitted!!:D

:flee: :p

I know concierges are in the "yes" business and certainly don't want to risk offending a paying customer by telling them to tone it down, but I wish all people would remember they're sharing a confined space with many other people. Everyone has a right to enjoy themselves and receive the services they've paid for/earned, but it should never be at the expense of others being able to do the same.

Totally agree!! We've had many an evening that we didn't enjoy ourselves like we should have been able to. Unfortunately, most of the offenders could care less if they are bothering others.

Linda (and C. D.)

As a Pinnacle Member I would be very disappointed if our presence or that of fellow Ps actually caused a lack of service to the top suite Guests. It is rare that a large number of Pinnacle members are on the same cruise. Yes on the TA's or a new ship there will be alot, but in general it would be under 10.

I also agree that Royal would benefit from looking at how the options available to Suite Guests can be improved.

However under the current set up Suites do not get a butler, and those that book suites are aware of that. They only have access to a concierge whose services are shared by other guests, therefore not a personalised service. It may be the case that when those that choose to pay the extra for space, also want a more personalised service, they may have to book elsewhere. That in turn may make Royal review their Suite offering when compared to other lines, I hope that is the case. Until then we will continue to only book a JS or Balcony, if I need more space I will stay at home. :D

I agree with you. As a Pinnacle member you definitely have earned your perks . We chose the Royal suite because we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. If I need extra space in the future I will book a junior suite. I do not believe that royals suite perks warrant the extra money.