NEW Suite Upgrades....

....On our Serenade cruise last week, there was a group the first night who was completely monopolizing the CL. They were playing cards and literally screaming and yelling at the top of their lungs. It was so unpleasant we left and went over to the DL. ......

I would have pulled up a chair and jut sat there and stared at them !

When asked if they can help you,

just reply that not everyone in their group is as loud as he/she.

And that you do not want to miss anything. :D

:rolleyes:

As a Pinnacle Member I would be very disappointed if our presence or that of fellow Ps actually caused a lack of service to the top suite Guests. It is rare that a large number of Pinnacle members are on the same cruise. Yes on the TA's or a new ship there will be alot, but in general it would be under 10.

I also agree that Royal would benefit from looking at how the options available to Suite Guests can be improved.

However under the current set up Suites do not get a butler, and those that book suites are aware of that. They only have access to a concierge whose services are shared by other guests, therefore not a personalised service. It may be the case that when those that choose to pay the extra for space, also want a more personalised service, they may have to book elsewhere. That in turn may make Royal review their Suite offering when compared to other lines, I hope that is the case. Until then we will continue to only book a JS or Balcony, if I need more space I will stay at home. :D

We have cruised many times with Royal and always in suite and know that the concierge is there for everyone that can use the CL.We at no time expected personalize service.We did get told that because we were in the Royal suite we would be met on the pier by the Concierge on boarding day and we didn't get that. But that was okay. Our problem was that when things were broken or went wrong it took days to fixes. We had 6 workmen working in our suite trying to fix things for 4 days.We were given the line to many Pinnacle member on our cruise taking all the concierge time as to why he was unable to meet us on the pier or be of any help. And on our cruise the Pinnacle member were very demanding and thought that Alex was there for them and them alone.Which didn't bother us either as we can make our own booking etc . I do feel if people are paying big money for the Royal suite or any cabin that everything in the suite/cabin should work not that we didn't get personalized service.In future we will keep cruising in Grand suites.

Edited by Jasp 0401

We have cruised many times with Royal and always in suite and know that the concierge is there for everyone that can use the CL.We at no time expected personalize service.We did get told that because we were in the Royal suite we would be met on the pier by the Concierge on boarding day and we didn't get that. But that was okay. Our problem was that when things were broken or went wrong it took days to fixes. We had 6 workmen working in our suite trying to fix things for 4 days.We were given the line to many Pinnacle member on our cruise taking all the concierge time as to why he was unable to meet us on the pier or be of any help. And on our cruise the Pinnacle member were very demanding and thought that Alex was there for them and them alone.Which didn't bother us either as we can make our own booking etc . I do feel if people are paying big money for the Royal suite or any cabin that everything in the suite/cabin should work not that we didn't get personalized service.In future we will keep cruising in Grand suites.

I never expected personalized service but the service was terrible. I just thought that our problem with sewer smell in bathroom and dirty water should have been more important than booking specialty restaurants .The people in the concierge lounge wanted the concierge to be their best friend I will not pay for any suite on a RCCL again. It absolutely was the cabin it's self having so many issues. The problems were never fixed. Very sad.

I never expected personalized service but the service was terrible. I just thought that our problem with sewer smell in bathroom and dirty water should have been more important than booking specialty restaurants .The people in the concierge lounge wanted the concierge to be their best friend I will not pay for any suite on a RCCL again. It absolutely was the cabin it's self having so many issues. The problems were never fixed. Very sad.

We have from time to time had cabin issues, including plumbing problems. We always call the deck supervisor first, then they might get the executive assistant housekeeper involved. We have always had immediate attention because they are the ones who must arrange for repairs. Especially on the older ships there is more of a chance that things break or go wrong. As we have learned in fixing issues in our own home it sometimes takes a while to analyze the problem, find the parts, and then get the repairs done. We have always had daily calls from the deck supervisor to make sure we are satisfied and that the repairs have solved the problem. If it an especially difficult issue we have been offered compensation in the form of a future cruise certificate.

While the concierge can do the calling for you it is quicker and more effective to go straight to the people who can solve the problem for you, and offer satisfaction for the way it is accomplished.

We always make friends with each Concierge, and while we try not to monopolize their time I hope it is not offensive to others to have a couple of minutes chat with them each day. We also use notes to communicate to avoid standing at their desk and have never had a problem with the Concierge calling us back in our cabin to discuss what our needs are.

We have from time to time had cabin issues, including plumbing problems. We always call the deck supervisor first, then they might get the executive assistant housekeeper involved. We have always had immediate attention because they are the ones who must arrange for repairs. Especially on the older ships there is more of a chance that things break or go wrong. As we have learned in fixing issues in our own home it sometimes takes a while to analyze the problem, find the parts, and then get the repairs done. We have always had daily calls from the deck supervisor to make sure we are satisfied and that the repairs have solved the problem. If it an especially difficult issue we have been offered compensation in the form of a future cruise certificate.

While the concierge can do the calling for you it is quicker and more effective to go straight to the people who can solve the problem for you, and offer satisfaction for the way it is accomplished.

We always make friends with each Concierge, and while we try not to monopolize their time I hope it is not offensive to others to have a couple of minutes chat with them each day. We also use notes to communicate to avoid standing at their desk and have never had a problem with the Concierge calling us back in our cabin to discuss what our needs are.

We rang and organized for someone to come and look at the spa as it was broken form the first day and just mentioned the other issues that we had with the suite like the piano not working.They came straight away and due to not having parts and not knowing what the problem was it took 4 days to fix it. We never had anyone call to see how things were going or see if the fact that we had 6 men pulling apart our bathroom for 4 days was a problem.Nor did we get a sorry for any inconvenience from anyone other than our lovely room attendant. I think because we never complained or made out that it was a problem.They never offered any compensation for our inconvenience. We would never of asked the Concierge to get someone to fix any of the problems in our suite even if he had the time to talk to us.As I am sure that wouldn't of been part of his job at all. We always try and make friends with the concierge and always ask them in passing how their day has been when we go up for coffee.I know they always appreciate someone asking them how they are going.

Edited by Jasp 0401

We never expected personal attention either but like you I think its not to much to ask to get what your paying for. We will never book the Royal suite again as its just not worth it.

Edited by Jasp 0401

We rang and organized for someone to come and look at the spa as it was broken form the first day and just mentioned the other issues that we had with the suite like the piano not working.They came straight away and due to not having parts and not knowing what the problem was it took 4 days to fix it. We never had anyone call to see how things were going or see if the fact that we had 6 men pulling apart our bathroom for 4 days was a problem.Nor did we get a sorry for any inconvenience from anyone other than our lovely room attendant. I think because we never complained or made out that it was a problem.They never offered any compensation for our inconvenience. We would never of asked the Concierge to get someone to fix any of the problems in our suite even if he had the time to talk to us.As I am sure that wouldn't of been part of his job at all. We always try and make friends with the concierge and always ask them in passing how their day has been when we go up for coffee.I know they always appreciate someone asking them how they are going.

I think you dealt with this well, IMO, if I had all the issues you have highlighted

With workers in my cabin, 4 days!!! Working on fixing an issue, I would of been looking for compensation for sure.

Let's say $12k- $17k for the RS you had paid for a relaxing, stress free vacation

And you had people in your cabin for 4 days, that would of stressed me out for sure. No privacy for one

Granted they could of not put you in a like for like room, but at least offered an OS whilst repairs were taking place. I do not feel that would of been too much to ask.

Also agreed not the concierges job to fix the issues, I would of contacted the Hotel Director to get a resolve or some form of compensation.

Just my $0.02 worth

Happy Days!

I think you dealt with this well, IMO, if I had all the issues you have highlighted

With workers in my cabin, 4 days!!! Working on fixing an issue, I would of been looking for compensation for sure.

Let's say $12k- $17k for the RS you had paid for a relaxing, stress free vacation

And you had people in your cabin for 4 days, that would of stressed me out for sure. No privacy for one

Granted they could of not put you in a like for like room, but at least offered an OS whilst repairs were taking place. I do not feel that would of been too much to ask.

Also agreed not the concierges job to fix the issues, I would of contacted the Hotel Director to get a resolve or some form of compensation.

Just my $0.02 worth

Happy Days!

My sister said I should of asked for compensation because it was very inconvenient having work men coming in and out and pulling down walls.The dust it was yuck and went everywhere.The poor room attendant kept on apologizing because he couldn't keep the suite as clean as it should of been. Looking back I should of asked if they had another room to use for those days. To make matter worse my husband had booked the suite as a surprise for our Wedding Anniversary.So I feel sorry for him as he tried so hard to do something special.

Edited by Jasp 0401

My sister said I should of asked for compensation because it was very inconvenient having work men coming in and out and pulling down walls.The dust it was yuck and went everywhere.The poor room attendant kept on apologizing because he couldn't keep the suite as clean as it should of been. Looking back I should of asked if they had another room to use for those days. To make matter worse my husband had booked the suite as a surprise for our Wedding Anniversary.So I feel sorry for him as he tried so hard to do something special.

The only reason I asked the concierge to help because we called maintenance 3 days in a row and the problem was never fixed. He told me I should have come to him first. After 2 weeks the problem was never fixed. Very frustrating and disappointing for all the money we spent for the Royal Suite. They said we could use the shower in an inside cabin at the opposite end of the ship. If I wanted an inside cabin shower I would not have booked this suite. We paid for the bathroom with a huge shower jacuzzi tub and jacuzzi on balcony and couldn't use it. If the Royal Suite was having these issues ( which I believe they were because it was still happening when our cruise was over) they should not have booked it

And don't forget the most important thing- the silver sea pass:D

What does the silver sea pass entitle one to besides what others listed? ...and I'm not being funny. Never saw one on the Allure.

Edited by sauvichick

What does the silver sea pass entitle one to besides what others listed? ...and I'm not being funny. Never saw one on the Allure.

Other than boarding with the suites nothing I can think of. It is the color given to js passengers. Of course you get double points also.

Nothing. It just signifies that you're in a JS. What I posted was kind of a joke because it doesn't give you true suite privileges. So, priority boarding (which we get anyway as D+) and double points (which got us to D+ quicker). It's kind of pointless to even make them silver and they really look more gray.

Edited by BND

The only reason I asked the concierge to help because we called maintenance 3 days in a row and the problem was never fixed. He told me I should have come to him first. After 2 weeks the problem was never fixed. Very frustrating and disappointing for all the money we spent for the Royal Suite. They said we could use the shower in an inside cabin at the opposite end of the ship. If I wanted an inside cabin shower I would not have booked this suite. We paid for the bathroom with a huge shower jacuzzi tub and jacuzzi on balcony and couldn't use it. If the Royal Suite was having these issues ( which I believe they were because it was still happening when our cruise was over) they should not have booked it

I agree with you it is so frustrating.And after 3 days the maintenance didn't come .I would of gone to the concierge for help too. I have spoken to a lady who said the piano hadn't worked for her 6 months before our cruise.As she was in a wheelchair she didn't use the Spa so didn't know if it worked. I truly believe that in the case of your Royal suite and our Royal suite on the Rhapsody that they knew they had issues with them and shouldn't be selling passengers cruises in them until they are fixed.That way passengers get to enjoy cruising in these suites and not come away thinking badly of the company. If this had been our first cruise on RCI it would of been our last. As we have cruised them many times before we are will to cruise with them again. But I wouldn't waist my money on a Royal suite again.

Edited by Jasp 0401

I have never noticed before reading this that my card was silver, so I had to just go and look. Since we book JS 90% of the time (love the closet) I found a D1 card and put it next to my JS card. Sure enough it is different. Learn something new everyday :D

Sue

Nothing. It just signifies that you're in a JS. What I posted was kind of a joke because it doesn't give you true suite privileges. So, priority boarding (which we get anyway as D+) and double points (which got us to D+ quicker). It's kind of pointless to even make them silver and they really look more gray.

I got the joke;)Just didn't know if there were other additional perks. Love the gold ones, but seeing other available options out in the cruising world makes me think it might be time to research for the future. I just don't want to be in a more conservative environment. I can't wait to learn of new suite perks.

I agree with you. As a Pinnacle member you definitely have earned your perks . We chose the Royal suite because we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary. If I need extra space in the future I will book a junior suite. I do not believe that royals suite perks warrant the extra money.

I agree. We downgraded our booking from suites because we haven't cruised with Royal before and had expectations from cruising in suites on other lines that it appeared weren't going to be met in a suite on a Royal ship.

It was our fault that we hadn't researched this properly. We had made an assumption that a popular line like Royal caribbean would have similar suite benefits to the lines we normally sail with. When we looked further into it we were very disappointed. When we called Royal, they refused to tell us what the "new" perks would be, so we booked lesser staterooms instead.

I agree. We downgraded our booking from suites because we haven't cruised with Royal before and had expectations from cruising in suites on other lines that it appeared weren't going to be met in a suite on a Royal ship.

It was our fault that we hadn't researched this properly. We had made an assumption that a popular line like Royal caribbean would have similar suite benefits to the lines we normally sail with. When we looked further into it we were very disappointed. When we called Royal, they refused to tell us what the "new" perks would be, so we booked lesser staterooms instead.

Since I have only sailed in Royal suites, i'm curious as to what benefits you had hoped that Royal would provide. I'm relatively new to cruising, but have been looking into suites on several of the other cruise lines. Personally I don't see a lot of difference in the perks from one line to another. Yes some provide butler service, or laundry services, but it appears that no one cruise lines completely outshines the other in this department. I guess it just depends on what amenities are important to the individual when choosing what line to cruise one.

Since I have only sailed in Royal suites, i'm curious as to what benefits you had hoped that Royal would provide. I'm relatively new to cruising, but have been looking into suites on several of the other cruise lines. Personally I don't see a lot of difference in the perks from one line to another. Yes some provide butler service, or laundry services, but it appears that no one cruise lines completely outshines the other in this department. I guess it just depends on what amenities are important to the individual when choosing what line to cruise one.

The Butler service really isn't something we use, but complimentary mini bar, laundry, flowers, specialty dining, internet etc, are the kind of things we like, and are accustomed to having at the kind of prices that Royal charges. We don't use all of them all the time, but Royal's offerings appear rather frugal in comparison, for us at least. We are all looking for different things from a cruise I suppose, and have different ideas of what is worth extra money.

I'm sure we will enjoy our first Royal cruise in a Junior suite for a lot less money, but will await info about the new upgraded perks with interest to see if they can entice us to a real suite in future.

The Haven and all the services they provide to suite guest and the free beverage and dining package made me say-its time to try NCL!!!

As I said earlier in this thread, I have the family vacation on hold until after the NCL cruise and the announcement of the new suite program on Royal.

The Haven and all the services they provide to suite guest and the free beverage and dining package made me say-its time to try NCL!!!

As I said earlier in this thread, I have the family vacation on hold until after the NCL cruise and the announcement of the new suite program on Royal.

I agree the Haven looks very nice and the inclusion of beverage packages and speciality dining is a nice touch. In my opinion the highlight of the haven for me would be its dedicated courtyard with pool and spas. While Royal has a dedicated sundeck it fails in comparison to the haven courtyard. It will be interesting to see how Royal intends to step up their suites program

I agree the Haven looks very nice and the inclusion of beverage packages and speciality dining is a nice touch. In my opinion the highlight of the haven for me would be its dedicated courtyard with pool and spas. While Royal has a dedicated sundeck it fails in comparison to the haven courtyard. It will be interesting to see how Royal intends to step up their suites program

Yes-and forgot to add:

One of the complaints here is that so many seem to not be able to have enough face to face interactions or time with the concierge if they need something. Seems NCL has one at a desk at all times in the Haven[except very late evenings and early mornings of course] for assistance to just about everything. Not during cocktail hours when the room is jam packed full. That gets a big like button from me!!

We'll see if it is as good on paper as it is the real deal!!! ;)

Edited by Debde

Yes-and forgot to add:

One of the complaints here is that so many seem to not be able to have enough face to face interactions or time with the concierge if they need something. Seems NCL has one at a desk at all times in the Haven[except very late evenings and early mornings of course] for assistance to just about everything. Not during cocktail hours when the room is jam packed full. That gets a big like button from me!!

We'll see if it is as good on paper as it is the real deal!!! ;)

From all of the reviews I have read,I'm sure you will love it!