NEW Suite Upgrades....

I would love to see them offer a little more to the junior suite guests. I wouldn't expect them to extend the concierge services or lounge, but it would be nice to have a little more recognition for the increased cost of a junior. Thoughts?

We just heard back from the "Executive Office" concerning balcony furnishings in the Grand Suites on Navigator...

"The Grand Suites should have lounge chairs on the balcony, unless there is a restriction based on the dimensions of the balcony. Please be assured that your stateroom will have all furnishing in place, including the lounge chair."

We're very happy campers :D

Maybe you should not be that happy, last week we had 1 lounge chair with no cushion, along with 2 regular chairs and a table, we saw that the larger suite ( Owners) next to us had cushions , so I asked cabin person if we could get a cushion two days later we were told none were available. Also last year we had a really nice dinner with officers and wine, this year it was a lunch that was not nearly as nice as last years dinner, only thing that was more positive was concierge lounge was never crowded so it was easy to get drinks and snacks.

I would love to see them offer a little more to the junior suite guests. I wouldn't expect them to extend the concierge services or lounge, but it would be nice to have a little more recognition for the increased cost of a junior. Thoughts?

They already are giving extra C&A points for a JS, plus robes, priority check-in and boarding.

Maybe you should not be that happy, last week we had 1 lounge chair with no cushion, along with 2 regular chairs and a table, we saw that the larger suite ( Owners) next to us had cushions , so I asked cabin person if we could get a cushion two days later we were told none were available. Also last year we had a really nice dinner with officers and wine, this year it was a lunch that was not nearly as nice as last years dinner, only thing that was more positive was concierge lounge was never crowded so it was easy to get drinks and snacks.

Last year we had to beg to get the old strappy loungers. Only got one, and the 2nd time they took it away before the cruise was over!!

A commitment that we will have a lounger is a step up!! Beside, I might be weird, but I like the armrests on the older loungers.

I'm happy with the JS perks. The room itself makes the cost worth it IMHO. I love the walk in closet and it is nice to get the bathtub. Also, the configuration of the room with the vanity opposite the bed instead of along the side (where the window reflects in the mirror) is a better design.

The double loyalty points add up fast, and additional benefits come through the loyalty program.

Last year we had to beg to get the old strappy loungers. Only got one, and the 2nd time they took it away before the cruise was over!!

A commitment that we will have a lounger is a step up!! Beside, I might be weird, but I like the armrests on the older loungers.

We were docked across from the Freedom at a couple of ports and they had old lounge chairs , table and chairs not as nice ours for GS, we meet a nice couple who were in Royal suite and they gave us a tour, they had no problem getting anything they wanted

I'm happy with the JS perks. The room itself makes the cost worth it IMHO. I love the walk in closet and it is nice to get the bathtub. Also, the configuration of the room with the vanity opposite the bed instead of along the side (where the window reflects in the mirror) is a better design.

The double loyalty points add up fast, and additional benefits come through the loyalty program.

Oh, I absolutely agree. I am happy with the JR perks also. But I was happy with the suite perks too and they are apparently increasing those. Being completely selfish, it might be nice to get an additional discount on wifi, maybe be included in reserved pool deck seating. Some smaller proportional increase to whatever the increase is for the full suite guests.

They already are giving extra C&A points for a JS, plus robes, priority check-in and boarding.

The price of s JS relative to a balcony has gone up quite a lot in the past year. I've seen over over $1000pp difference, vs. $200 or so in past years. I understand supply and demand and all that, but all that you mentioned, plus the coffee maker and silver Seapass, aren't all that. But we pay it, anyway, because we enjoy the additional space.

I would like to see more perks, too, but if RCI doesn't have any trouble selling the JS, then I don't imagine that they will feel compelled to add to the list. I can't think of a large line with as many cabins of that size that counts them as full suites. Sky Suites on X are about the same size, but I don't think there are as many of them.

Please fill us in as to whether you got a lounger and/or cushions for the wicker furniture.

We were docked across from the Freedom at a couple of ports and they had old lounge chairs , table and chairs not as nice ours for GS, we meet a nice couple who were in Royal suite and they gave us a tour, they had no problem getting anything they wanted
Which ship were you on?

The price of s JS relative to a balcony has gone up quite a lot in the past year. I've seen over over $1000pp difference, vs. $200 or so in past years. I understand supply and demand and all that, but all that you mentioned, plus the coffee maker and silver Seapass, aren't all that. But we pay it, anyway, because we enjoy the additional space.

I would like to see more perks, too, but if RCI doesn't have any trouble selling the JS, then I don't imagine that they will feel compelled to add to the list. I can't think of a large line with as many cabins of that size that counts them as full suites. Sky Suites on X are about the same size, but I don't think there are as many of them.

Probably depends on ship. The 2016 Rome to PC on Rhapsody only has a spread of $300 from balcony to JS. And that is 14 days

So in the cruise critic live chat last month (Feb 2015) with Michael Bayley (CEO of Royal Caribbean Intl.) he made the follow comment with regard to a question around cruisers in Suites...

Michael Bayley:

Great question, we will be introducing a whole series of suite upgrades to be announced late spring.

I guess technically, it isn't even early spring yet, BUT since we have a suite booked for a late May sailing, I am more than curious about the "whole series of upgrades" and if any of them may be available late May

Does anyone have any additional information? Google isn't much help....

Before ...

BD-My_5719_zpsfkrk0hrr.jpg

CA-My_5723_zpsuafjx0ij.jpg

CE-My_5351_zpsazgiz4tx.jpg

After ...

GD-DSC_5251_zpspoggvupo.jpg

DSC_5276_zpsqfg7thqj.jpg

DSC_5281_zpsajqr1nm1.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2

Please fill us in as to whether you got a lounger and/or cushions for the wicker furniture.

We were in a GS on adventure and had 1 wicker lounger, two chairs and table w/blue cushions. Robyn indicated in her live from freedom thread in march that she had wicker lounger with NO cushion.

We were in a GS on adventure and had 1 wicker lounger, two chairs and table w/blue cushions. Robyn indicated in her live from freedom thread in march that she had wicker lounger with NO cushion.
Robyn's live thread provided the information I've been using in my postings especially the thread I started about the cushions. I asked about cushions on our 2-22-2015 FR cruise (we almost took an upgrade to a GS for a good price but was glad we didn't because of the cushions) and was told they were coming but a friend who sailed after me said FR was not getting them. However, on her April sailing, even though her OS did not have cushions, her next door neighbor did. And Cruizer2's review and pictures showed cushions on the wicker furniture in the Royal Suite (that looked new).

I'll stick with my JS even if we get a great offer to upgrade. I spend a lot of time and the balcony and wicker without cushions would be too uncomfortable to sit on (not to say what it would do to my tricky back).

IMO once they start offering these new things they will increase the price over the top. We have gotten some deals on suite, some not so much. But the deals will be a thing of the past once they offer alcohol.

We were in the OS on Legends in March and we had two loungers, 3 chairs and tables on balcony and they all had cushions.

IMO once they start offering these new things they will increase the price over the top. We have gotten some deals on suite, some not so much. But the deals will be a thing of the past once they offer alcohol.

We were in the OS on Legends in March and we had two loungers, 3 chairs and tables on balcony and they all had cushions.

Free alcohol on RS is a no brainer. They already have liquor in CL, dinners with officers, suite parties, etc..

Free alcohol on RS is a no brainer. They already have liquor in CL, dinners with officers, suite parties, etc..

We meet a very nice couple who were in RS and invited us for some drinks and gave us a tour of RS, if I hit the lotto that is the way to go.

The one perk I would like to see added to the JS would be access to a reserved area for breakfast. Must admit I really love that when we have access to it. That being said, I prefer the JS for the room, not for the perks.

The one perk I would like to see added to the JS would be access to a reserved area for breakfast. Must admit I really love that when we have access to it. That being said, I prefer the JS for the room, not for the perks.

I agree... For us, the main reason to choose a room is the room itself... I love the double sinks in the GS! And, the balconies of some of the aft JS's are awesome!

The Hotel Director on the Crown Princess once told us, when you get a suite, you are mostly "buying real estate". Very true!

Edited by cricketts

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to report that the Navigator GS balconies got padded wicker lounge chairs this week! Furniture for the GS balcony is 2 chairs, a table and a lounger. The OS has more room and gets 2 loungers.

Anxious to hear what the perks are for suites. 32 pages of speculation so far... Seems like it going to be like BOBO, nothing new or new prices to cover the cost of any new perks.

I would love to see free wifi, free drink package, and/or free specialty dining.

Anxious to hear what the perks are for suites. 32 pages of speculation so far... Seems like it going to be like BOBO, nothing new or new prices to cover the cost of any new perks.

I would love to see free wifi, free drink package, and/or free specialty dining.

I agree...especially the internet...

Nancy