How do I book the Laundry Service

packed already

I usually call ship services and book it before we get on the ship. I forgot on our last cruise and just attempted to send out the first bag as usual with "Unlimited Laundry" checked on the inventory form. By day two my cabin attendant was very persistent that I go to guest services and sign a charge slip for it. He was was wonderful and very sweet, but every time I saw in the hallways those first two days I was reminded until I signed.

Next time I will definitely remember to call ship services- standing in line at Guest Services is something I avoid at all costs.

You can ring guest services to book it. I always just buy it onboard. Lately I have just just sent my first bag out with the unlimited option checked and it is automatically charged to my account with that bag.

We did this also.

You can ring guest services to book it. I always just buy it onboard. Lately I have just just sent my first bag out with the unlimited option checked and it is automatically charged to my account with that bag.

800-541-1576. Have your booking number and credit card ready. Really easy.

Susan

Just buy it on board. It will take all of 30 seconds. :D If you book it before, you will spend at least twice that or more checking whether they did it right, whether you were charged the right amount, whether it's cheaper on board, etc, etc ....

Just buy it on board. It will take all of 30 seconds. :D If you book it before, you will spend at least twice that or more checking whether they did it right, whether you were charged the right amount, whether it's cheaper on board, etc, etc ....

Totally agree, we always do it when we board and never have had a problem, I just fill the bag, check off my items and check the unlimited laundry pkg. Never had a problem and didn't go anywhere to sign up...the pkg. is so worth the price. Things come back nice and clean and ready to wear again. You can request them folded or on hangers. I did get a chuckle once when DH's undershirts came on hangers:). Never lost anything or had anything ruined.

I wouldn't send something that needs special care.

Thank you for your input, I will try your suggestions, I am an Aussie and phone calls are expensive so I will just tick the box and send out my first bag when we arrive. We will be touring for about 12 days prior to boarding so I will have a fair bit, how much can you send out on the first night? Is there a limit or is it "unlimited". I really try to avoid going to the ships desk to sign up for these things, you would think in this day and age so much more would be available over the internet.

Looking forward to May, it can't come soon enough.

Smooth Sailing to you all.

Thank you for your input, I will try your suggestions, I am an Aussie and phone calls are expensive so I will just tick the box and send out my first bag when we arrive. We will be touring for about 12 days prior to boarding so I will have a fair bit, how much can you send out on the first night? Is there a limit or is it "unlimited". I really try to avoid going to the ships desk to sign up for these things, you would think in this day and age so much more would be available over the internet.

Find your room steward when you first go to your room and ask for several laundry bags. It is truly unlimited. Your clothes may be returned the next day but I wouldn't count on that. I think the promise is 48 hrs. Save the back copy so you know what you sent. Some people take pictures. Things do get lost but not often.

I second the recommendation to request several laundry bags and forms on the first day. On some ships we have to really pester them to get enough bags. They usually put a new one in the basket when they return your clean clothes, but depending on your laundry habits and number of guests in your cabin you may need them more frequently.

We are a family of four and send out 1-2 bags/day (and even slip a few thanks you notes with tips in sometimes!).

Just curious, is there a difference between "unlimited" and just filling a bag every so often? Never had them do our laundry, but sounds great.

Yes, there is a difference.

"Unlimited" you are charged a flat amount per day. As you probably figured out from the earlier posts on this thread, you can send how much laundry you want out whenever. Even daily. You can fill the bag, or send just a few items. It's still that flat daily rate.

"Fill the bag" (not sure the real name) you are charged a flat amount per bag, no matter how much you stuff in the bag. I think it's $20 per bag.

So, if you go through a lot of clothes, or are traveling light and need laundry done frequently, the unlimited may be a good deal. I travel solo and bring along enough clothes so I only need to send a bag out every five or six days, so fill the bag is better for me.

Edited by cavecreekguy

I second the recommendation to request several laundry bags and forms on the first day. On some ships we have to really pester them to get enough bags. They usually put a new one in the basket when they return your clean clothes, but depending on your laundry habits and number of guests in your cabin you may need them more frequently.

We are a family of four and send out 1-2 bags/day (and even slip a few thanks you notes with tips in sometimes!).

Effy, our Room Steward on the Nieuw Amsterdam last December, brought us eight laundry bags and slips on Embarkation Day without even being asked. I now know to ask for the same for all future cruises.

FWIW Effy was selected to be one of the Room Stewards for the new Konigsdam and considers it quite an honor. She was amazing for us.

Since I take long cruises, I like to get a stack of invoices that first day. When I leave a bag of laundry on the bed, I want the steward to leave another bag for me. I'll be happy to put it away, since that way I know I got it.

I never send out more than one bag at a time, so there's no reason to keep a lot of the bags out of service. Others need them before I do.

Effy, our Room Steward on the Nieuw Amsterdam last December, brought us eight laundry bags and slips on Embarkation Day without even being asked. I now know to ask for the same for all future cruises.

FWIW Effy was selected to be one of the Room Stewards for the new Konigsdam and considers it quite an honor. She was amazing for us.

EIGHT BAGS at once :eek: I wonder if the Guinness World Records people have heard about this already :rolleyes:

Since I take long cruises, I like to get a stack of invoices that first day. When I leave a bag of laundry on the bed, I want the steward to leave another bag for me. I'll be happy to put it away, since that way I know I got it.

I never send out more than one bag at a time, so there's no reason to keep a lot of the bags out of service. Others need them before I do.

That's a very good point, Ruth. I have had trouble getting replacement bags on a few occasions. Once it took two days. It never occurred to me that hoarding might be the issue.

That's a very good point, Ruth. I have had trouble getting replacement bags on a few occasions. Once it took two days. It never occurred to me that hoarding might be the issue.

(bolding mine)

Well no wonder we've had so much trouble getting replacement bags. On one cruise it took at least 2 days, plus going to the front desk and asking for more. :rolleyes:

(bolding mine)

Well no wonder we've had so much trouble getting replacement bags. On one cruise it took at least 2 days, plus going to the front desk and asking for more. :rolleyes:

It has taken longer than 2 days for us. Maybe on our next cruise we should get a "supply" of bags so we don't go without. Let other pax worry about whether or not they can get a bag when they need it, right? :rolleyes:

So even though on our next cruise we will have free laundry, must we fill out an invoice of what is in the bag or bags each time we send out laundry? Not a problem for us, just want to do the right thing.

So even though on our next cruise we will have free laundry, must we fill out an invoice of what is in the bag or bags each time we send out laundry? Not a problem for us, just want to do the right thing.

Yes, list what you are sending. Keep the last copy of the 3 part form (which I seem to forget to do.....)

I am an Aussie and phone calls are expensive so I will just tick the box and send out my first bag when we arrive. We will be touring for about 12 days prior to boarding so I will have a fair bit, how much can you send out on the first night? Is there a limit or is it "unlimited". I really try to avoid going to the ships desk to sign up for these things, you would think in this day and age so much more would be available over the internet.

Hi, I am also an Aussie, and before I made final payment for my 14day cruise Voyage to Midnight Sun in May. I rang the Aussie HAL phone number, (1300 987 322)and asked about unlimited laundry. They lady I was speaking booked unlimited laundry for me for $98 USD ($7 p/day).

Cheers