becoming Pinnacle ?

Bob in our dreams.:D I figured at the rate we were cruising, 1 every 2 to 3 yrs, we would be gone from this earth before we saw D.:)Thanks to the 3 cruises from Sydney, Aust this past March, two in a JS, we jumped to Emerald then Diamond entering our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise. We will be happy to have made D.

Gay

Thank you Patti, Rita (and others) for sharing your experiences booking a Pinnacle "free" cruise! Until we read this thread, we were waiting for our certificate to arrive. So today we called C&A and were able to take full advantage of the $1,200 off (each) on an existing reservation. :D

Steve & Mike

We made Pinnacle with our cruise that ended this past November. We took our Pinnacle cruise on the Jan 31 Oasis.

Please keep in mind the certificate for the free cruise only includes the price of the cruise. You still have to pay the taxes/fees and prepay the gratuities. That being said, total drive out out of pocket price for the free cruise was just a bit over $300. Not too shabby for 7 nights in a balcony on the Oasis.

Tim

Thank you Patti, Rita (and others) for sharing your experiences booking a Pinnacle "free" cruise! Until we read this thread, we were waiting for our certificate to arrive. So today we called C&A and were able to take full advantage of the $1,200 off (each) on an existing reservation. :D

Steve & Mike

Good for you.....we were also able to get the full $1200 pp off our cruise, ans would have been out of luck if we had waited. I owe thanks to the other pineapples who told me we could book without having the certificate!

I'm so glad that they are finally on the same page for everyone.

We made Pinnacle with our cruise that ended this past November. We took our Pinnacle cruise on the Jan 31 Oasis.

Please keep in mind the certificate for the free cruise only includes the price of the cruise. You still have to pay the taxes/fees and prepay the gratuities. That being said, total drive out out of pocket price for the free cruise was just a bit over $300. Not too shabby for 7 nights in a balcony on the Oasis.

Tim

It's actually the cruise fare that's adjusted.:) Also keep in mind that when applying your $$$$ amount towards your complimentary cruise, when pricing the lowest balcony cabin on the cruise you select, doesn't necessarily mean that you will get the full amount applied. It could be lower than the $1200pp depending on the price of the lowest balcony cabin on the ship that you are booking.

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm so happy that this thread is here - thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and advice. We're joining the PC on the Apr 4 Vision sailing and just starting to think about our "free" cruise. I've been given so much misinformation about the rules that I've put this decision on the back burner for a while. At least now I know how to get to the source and get the cruise booked. Happy cruising to everyone!

Jan (& Bruce) @ WriteSounds

I'm so happy that this thread is here - thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and advice. We're joining the PC on the Apr 4 Vision sailing and just starting to think about our "free" cruise. I've been given so much misinformation about the rules that I've put this decision on the back burner for a while. At least now I know how to get to the source and get the cruise booked. Happy cruising to everyone!

Congratulations Jan and Bruce and welcome to the every growing Pineapple Patch!!:D

Get that complimentary cruise off the back burner and start planning today!!

Our cruises booked from a long time ago are now twice the price with the BOGOHO pricing.:eek:

We are not able right now to deal with booking our 'Discounted cruise' due to medical waiting but will be interesting when we can.:rolleyes:

One important thing to remember is once you've applied the dollar value of your complimentary cruise to a specific sailing date, if you have to cancel or change that sailing date you will lose that complimentary cruise value.

Patti, Your grandkids look adorable. Hope we bump into you again on a cruise one day.

Many thanks to all. Patti, do you have any idea of the Pinnacle numbers?

We were told 650 as of Feb 1, 2015. As others have mentioned, it was not clear if they meant total number of people, or couples.

Many thanks to all. Patti, do you have any idea of the Pinnacle numbers?
We were told 650 as of Feb 1, 2015. As others have mentioned, it was not clear if they meant total number of people, or couples.

There was quite a discussion about this on the D/D+/PC Chat thread the last couple of days. This link might answer your question http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45948526&postcount=3495

Edited by cruisenfever

And we are so excited to be aboard with them..........to be a part of the celebration.

I'm seeing more and more Pinnacle Club members, and I bet the Jan and Bruce will come in somewhere just under or around number 1200. This will happen during the second week of April.

Like the Diamond Club and then the D+ group, all are growing.

Rick

Contrats Jan and Bruce! Sorry we won't be there to celebrate with you...

Steve & Mike

Congratulations!!!

It was great meeting you on Serenade last year.

Dayle, and Brian

Thanks for the encouragement from Dayle, Brian, Steve, and Mike. We wish you could all be there with us b/c we enjoyed getting to know you on other cruises. Super excited to have Rick & Bobbie with us! It's just over 2 weeks away now and we're getting anxious.

Thanks for the encouragement from Dayle, Brian, Steve, and Mike. We wish you could all be there with us b/c we enjoyed getting to know you on other cruises. Super excited to have Rick & Bobbie with us! It's just over 2 weeks away now and we're getting anxious.

Just a word of caution, but there is no consistency on how C&A Members earning Pinnacle Level are recognized. Some ships go over and above and others not so much. Just don't want you to have high expectations and then be disappointed.

Just a word of caution, but there is no consistency on how C&A Members earning Pinnacle Level are recognized. Some ships go over and above and others not so much. Just don't want you to have high expectations and then be disappointed.

how true is that.

And it varies from cruise to cruise....when we made PC we had a picture taken with the hotel director, the cruise director and the loyalty ambassador, and were recognized at the top tier party. Another PC Who made PC on the same ship two months earlier wasn't even recognized at the top tier party, no picture or anything else. Go figure, since the Loyalty Ambassador was the same for both cruises

Amen.

I was on board the Grandeur when a friend became Pinnacle.

He got an upgrade to a GS.

They baked him a giant cake that said "Welcome to Pinnacle".

They had a special ceremony at the top tier event.

Bottle of champagne.

All of the senior staff were there. Pictures with officers, captain, etc.

Me?

I got nothin'.

No special ceremony.

Not even called up separately.

No bottle.

No cake.

No captain.

No special picture.

Not complaining. Just explaining.

I have heard of others not having any sort of recognition on their

big day. We had a wonderful ceremony with all the things that

Carol mentioned (minus the upgrade). We planned long and hard on which ship we wanted to turn Pinnacle on . I think it works in your favor to

have the celebration on a ship that you've made a few connections.

When a person cruises enough on Royal Caribbean to reach 700 points, they have paid the price, and shown this cruise line, their loyalty.

Carol.........aka Merion_Mom mentions that she received no recognition, at all.......and I know Carol, so I do not doubt her word at all, and am just shocked!:eek: You deserved so much more. I feel bad for you.

I truly believe that Royal Caribbean should have a policy of how to handle people that are turning Pinnacle on any given cruise.

We were able to book a cabin, that opened up week before last, for the upcoming Vision cruise, where I look forward to helping Bruce and Jan celebrate, and where possible, become recognized for reaching Pinnacle.:D

Rick

Rick