I wish Celebrity would:

jenniebnyc

1) Transformation the usually 'empty' Bistro on Five into a Sports Bar type with big screen TVs and reasonable upcharge food items appropriate for such. When I've checked it out I've never seen more guests than 'on Five' tables occupied.

2) Get rid of the Miami Noise Rap or whatever it's called and restore some 'demographically appropriate' music and entertainment.

3) Somehow bring competence, knowledge and customer service to their 'Certified Vacation Planners'. Maybe they need to get rid of some of them and/or the 'suits' in charge of this mess!

4) Offer fair $ingle-$upplement pricing/cabin availability policies to those traveling solo. As was the case with my most recent booking, certain categories were simply not-available because I'm traveling solo.

I would like to see:

-- better quality of beef in all restaurants.

-- a 360º wrap around promenade deck on the new Edge series ships.

-- 100% non-smoking ships (start with the Edge series)

This would be my top three!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

1) Transformation the usually 'empty' Bistro on Five into a Sports Bar type with big screen TVs and reasonable upcharge food items appropriate for such. When I've checked it out I've never seen more guests than 'on Five' tables occupied.

4) Offer fair $ingle-$upplement pricing/cabin availability policies to those traveling solo. As was the case with my most recent booking, certain categories were simply not-available because I'm traveling solo.

1) Bistro, I've seen waiting lines at dinner time to get in. as with many venues, participation varies cruise to cruise and itinerary to itinerary and as to time of day. This said, I have not yet eaten there, but likely will on my upcoming TA as I will have unlimited specialty dining as part of my RS perks.

4) Website often (if not always) prohibits this, but phone calls or a TA can get you into whatever cabin you want, most report, and I have experienced. I sail solo almost always, and have been able to book every suite category as a solo, an AQ cabin as a solo, and an inside as a solo. Booked Concierge for a colleague as a solo.

I personally have no issue withe the 100% solo supplement, it sucks, yes, but I see it as the cabin has a fare, sometimes I split that fare with a friend, but I have to pay for the room, just like a hotel. I don't book an all inclusive room package at Marriott that includes breakfast and dinner and valet parking and internet, then show up and say I'm just one tonight, so I'll only be paying half of the room rate.

Allow use of internal wi-fi on the ship, in a way that does not provide internet access (unless you pay for it), so we can link our devices to each other on the ship to communicate

LOVE THIS! Then make the daily available for those that like accessing it on a device.

I echo a lot of what's being said already. I'll add that if the goal is to attract more 40somethings, a little more effort is needed for nighttime activities. And more thought needs to be given to where/how this is done. On other ships, I like the bars/enclaves that offer dancing or speciality music interests. On X, it always felt if everything was done in the atrium which should be an area for passing through, not settling down for a few hours.

I read earlier on this thread that cellar masters was being used for a dance floor, and I like that idea. Want to dance, but I'd like to do it in a more private area, not right in the middle of the ship, where everyone is walking through.

I'll echo the need for a usb-charging panel/hub. The four of us travel with 8 devices. I hate having to charge them on the main desk; an area of to the side would be nice.

And, please, please, please do what can be done to improve wifi speeds. I don't mind paying for better access.

Agree that it won't happen, but non-smoking would be great

A totally non-smoking ship would be a huge draw for 90% of cruisers. The hard part would be going to a 100% non-smoking crew. Build it, and they will come!:rolleyes::)

Kel

I wish...

Celebrity would go back to bartenders free-pouring. The shot glass measure takes way too much time...esp. at the martini bar when someone orders a martini flight. I hate to tell the time we had to wait (and we were seated at the bar) to just order a drink. Yes, there was only one bartender at 6:50 p.m. so not the fault of the bartender doing a Flight Martini with a shot pour measure, and having to clean the shot glass between different liquors. It is too time consuming. I felt bad for the poor bartender.... The bartenders know how to do the 1, 2, 3, 4, scoop pour. I asked quite a few of them :)

LOVE THIS! Then make the daily available for those that like accessing it on a device.

I echo a lot of what's being said already. I'll add that if the goal is to attract more 40somethings, a little more effort is needed for nighttime activities. And more thought needs to be given to where/how this is done. On other ships, I like the bars/enclaves that offer dancing or speciality music interests. On X, it always felt if everything was done in the atrium which should be an area for passing through, not settling down for a few hours.

I read earlier on this thread that cellar masters was being used for a dance floor, and I like that idea. Want to dance, but I'd like to do it in a more private area, not right in the middle of the ship, where everyone is walking through.

I'll echo the need for a usb-charging panel/hub. The four of us travel with 8 devices. I hate having to charge them on the main desk; an area of to the side would be nice.

And, please, please, please do what can be done to improve wifi speeds. I don't mind paying for better access.

Yes, the Cellar Masters was turned into a night club dance area. Is was a hoot to see the entrance roped off, walk the red carpet and a bouncer. They had quite a crowd when we walked by. Not our style of music, but happy they moved the Miami DJ sound away from the Martini Bar into Cellar Masters.

Yes, the Cellar Masters was turned into a night club dance area. Is was a hoot to see the entrance roped off, walk the red carpet and a bouncer. They had quite a crowd when we walked by. Not our style of music, but happy they moved the Miami DJ sound away from the Martini Bar into Cellar Masters.

When was this? We sailed Nov 2014, and didn't notice it if it was in effect back then.

When was this? We sailed Nov 2014, and didn't notice it if it was in effect back then.

March 2015. The foyer was a mix of Motor City Motown, Disoc Inferno, Walker Black (google them) were great, Blue Note Jazz quartet, Xestasa House Band, Sean Roach guitar and vocal, Big Mike cocktail piano, Reflection Big Band on one night. They were all pretty darn good. It was great to see all ages up dancing!

Cellar Masters was the area roped off /club style / Miami Dj sound.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Allow use of internal wi-fi on the ship, in a way that does not provide internet access (unless you pay for it), so we can link our devices to each other on the ship to communicate

That is a great idea! Since it would be their own little network, they could also post a home page with the daily activities sheet, announcements, etc. too.

More interesting Mediterranean itineraries, they tend to be pretty repetitive. Turkey has more than one nice city to visit. There are countless Greek islands, Balearic islands; in short there are hundreds of combinations, but they only use a few.

Change the menus in the speciality restaurants once in a while, including Blu.

Instruct waiters that they are not stand-up comedians. Blu seems to have a lot.

Better internet? Why not have an internet free voyage?

If they have a rating section when booking excursions, why not post some of the reviews? Nine out of 10 times it is blank! If Celebrity asks for reviews from passengers, why not use them? If not, leave them out. It is of no help to us when deciding if a tour is worth our $$.

Add more round-trip cruise departure ports--such as New Orleans, Tampa, Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, and the previously suggested port of Charleston--in order to reach out to passengers who would rather drive than fly to their cruise!

1) Bistro, I've seen waiting lines at dinner time to get in. as with many venues, participation varies cruise to cruise and itinerary to itinerary and as to time of day. This said, I have not yet eaten there, but likely will on my upcoming TA as I will have unlimited specialty dining as part of my RS perks.

4) Website often (if not always) prohibits this, but phone calls or a TA can get you into whatever cabin you want, most report, and I have experienced. I sail solo almost always, and have been able to book every suite category as a solo, an AQ cabin as a solo, and an inside as a solo. Booked Concierge for a colleague as a solo.

I personally have no issue withe the 100% solo supplement, it sucks, yes, but I see it as the cabin has a fare, sometimes I split that fare with a friend, but I have to pay for the room, just like a hotel. I don't book an all inclusive room package at Marriott that includes breakfast and dinner and valet parking and internet, then show up and say I'm just one tonight, so I'll only be paying half of the room rate.

Curt, I have no problem with the 100% single supplement. However, recently it's actually been a bit more than 'doubled' because the 'doubling' was NOT based upon the discounts that I'm eligible for or using; i.e., senior, FL res, past pass, and last-and-least likely, interline. There was a time when the single supplement was usually marginal. But now I guess it's all about max pax load and potential 'back end' revenue.

For example $549 x 2= $1098. But as a solo this turned into $1198. One agent even urged me to book a 'pseudo' 2nd passenger and they just 'no show'. Celebrity would have to credit back the 2nd person port charges and would result in a savings. If I weren't so close to Elite Plus and CC points I would do this.

....nothing some extra time at the martino bar can't fix...:)

Chris

That is a great idea! Since it would be their own little network, they could also post a home page with the daily activities sheet, announcements, etc. too.

Disney has something similar where you can download their app before starting your cruise. They have the dailies on it and also a variety of other items. Works great.

Johanne

I wish Celebrity's dailies were more accurate.

Example 1 - I had booked a ship's excursion at Bar Harbor, Maine, a tender port. I asked what time I should reserve dinner (because I had Celebrity Select Dining), and I was told that I could book dinner for 7:30 PM. I was waiting for a tender at 6:45 PM. At 7:30 PM, I was still waiting for a tender. Due to Celebrity's mess-ups, I (and approx 95 other passengers) did not get back to the ship until after 11:00 PM, and it was too late to go to the dining room. So I went to get pizza, because the daily said that pizza would be available until 1:00 AM, only to find the pizza station locked up.

Example 2 - I got frustrated when I tried going to events listed in the daily only to find nothing going on. When I complained at Guest Relations, I was told that I had gotten the times wrong. I would show the Guest Relations people my daily, and they would admit that their computers had different times listed for events.

Example 3 - Piano music was listed as taking place at a certain time. I went there to listen. Nothing. I went to Guest Relations. The Guest Relations guy had no idea what was going on, so he made a call and then told me that there wasn't a piano player on the ship. When I got home and told people this, they asked me if some substitution was provided. I said that no other musical entertainment was provided as a substitute.

I also wish that Celebrity would advise their waitstaff of the following:

1) When passengers are in the MDR during the hours listed in the daily, and they want to order eggs, the waitstaff should not complain that it will take too long. Or else Celebrity should write in their dailies that the waitstaff have the right to refuse to get eggs at breakfast-time.

2) When V-8 juice is listed on the breakfast menu, the waitstaff should not insist on the first morning of the cruise that they are all out of it.

3) The waitstaff should not insist that all of the croissants are gone when they are not.

4) The waitstaff should not make an ugly face at passengers who want decaf instead of coffee, and they should not try to pass off regular coffee as decaf.

I would also appreciate it if Celebrity wrote in their dailies what passengers should do if their ship's excursion tickets are not in their cabin. When I saw that my tickets were not in my cabin, I went to the Shore Excursion desk and asked for my tickets, but the Shore Excursion guy insisted that the tickets were in my cabin. He just wouldn't believe me, but finally, he called my cabin steward and asked him about my tickets and told me that the cabin steward told him that he had never been given any tickets to put in my cabin. When I posted about this afterwards, some people told me that I should not have gone to the Shore Excursion desk to ask for my tickets. Some said that I should have run around up and down the halls looking for my cabin steward, while others said that I should have waited patiently for a few days for the tickets to show up. It would have been helpful to know what I should have done at the time.

1. I wish Celebrity would have REAL on-board activities and stop trying to pass commercials (for spa, Apple products, etc) as activities

2. Get value back into the specialty restaurants..less quality than 3 years ago at 40% price increase

3. Have GREAT port speakers. Holland (who excels for the geriatric set) has great experts speaking about the history and architecture (NOT the shopping)

4. Get the quality service back in the MDR. Every waiter, every assistant

5. Agree with the more plugs and faster wi-fi/internet. Understand how many connected folks will be on board and get enough capacity to deal with it

6. Reverse the move away from all-inclusive experience, nickle and diming on a cruise takes away from the ambiance. We want to believe we have paid for quality when we step onboard, not that we have to pay MORE for it once on the ship.

Maybe turn Cellars into a piano bar. I would love to see the return of some of the live entertainment we have enjoyed over the years, ie, string quartets, accapella groups, music in the MDR on formal nights.

I also agree with an earlier post. If there are going to be rules, enforce them or change them.

A totally non-smoking ship would be a huge draw for 90% of cruisers. The hard part would be going to a 100% non-smoking crew. Build it, and they will come!:rolleyes::)

Kel

It failed miserably for Carnival when they had Paradise as 100% non-smoking.

For some reason, smoke-free ships just do not make money for the cruise lines.

Maybe turn Cellars into a piano bar. I would love to see the return of some of the live entertainment we have enjoyed over the years, ie, string quartets, accapella groups, music in the MDR on formal nights.

I also agree with an earlier post. If there are going to be rules, enforce them or change them.

Agreed in full.

I will also chime in to say that I wish that Celebrity would do right by the customer who loses their cabin "inadvertently" due to Celebrity's error. Invariably the person who lost the cabin cannot get it back because someone else has come in and booked it. People book specific cabins for a reason and they should not lose their booking to Celebrity's negligence. Basically, Celebrity will not do right by the wronged customer, even if it's the right thing to do, if it means it affects another customer. That is just poor customer service.