Trip Report

trvlgirlmq

Is anyone else thinking about doing a trip report of their Vista cruise? I have done land-based vacation reports for another website. I keep a journal when I travel and try to be detailed as well as adding things like where we ate, how much things cost, etc.

Ive started keeping a journal for my upcoming cruise on the Liberty. I plan on writing a review when I return. I have never written a review before but I guess everyone has to start somewhere. There are so many fantastic reviews here it is almost a little intimidating.

Well I plan on doing the same while DW and I are on the Inaugural. I am a very early riser and usually wander around the ship and that's when I take pictures of the ship, when its fairly empty. I will have plenty of pics but posting them on here will be another new adventure for me.

Hopefully my good camera wont crap out on me like it did on my last trip to the med. Had to resort to a point and shoot and the battery would crap out midway through an excursion. Didn't think of bringing a backup battery for the backup camera. LOL.

I am sure with the number of seasoned cruisers going on the Inaugural there will be plenty of reviews of the ship.

Tom

I keep a journal log of all our cruises and vacations starting with our first in 2002 on carnival Fantasy. I write daily happenings, ports of call and food I loved. I include pictures then when it is complete. I bind bin into a book. When I am in tween cruises I just pull out one of my journal books to keep me going. It's a nice way to especially remember ports of call and different friends we make on each cruise.

• 1 month later...

I'll be doing a review on the inaugural run for Vista. My wife picks on me for keeping a journal during our vacation yet I keep finding her going back and reading them! I find writing reviews to be very therapeutic and help to ease the transition back to reality.

I plan on reviewing our 6/3 Mediterranean. I want to do a very thorough review/comparison of CCL vs. DCL and is DCL really worth over double the price. I'm really hoping it isn't, I'm getting really tired of the DCL prices and lackluster itineraries. But we shall wait another 392 days and see!

• 3 months later...
I'll be on the 6/8/16 sailing and will be doing a video report

If your interested in any I've done of The Breeze or Sunshine please check out my YouTube channel under gailjen1

https://www.youtube.com/user/GailJen1/playlists

Very nice! If I can ask, is that done with a gopro? What software did you use to edit?

I plan on reviewing our 6/3 Mediterranean. I want to do a very thorough review/comparison of CCL vs. DCL and is DCL really worth over double the price. I'm really hoping it isn't, I'm getting really tired of the DCL prices and lackluster itineraries. But we shall wait another 392 days and see!

Sailing 10 days Vista Med May 2016

We sailed Disney Med in 2013. Our kids loved (then 6 & 8 ) loved the Disney characters and all that went along with it Pirate party, etc... There are the beverage differences, but if you add Bubbles to Carnival, you still end up paying less.

I do tend to think the Dis food and dessert is a bit more impressive overall than CCL cruises.

Our kids really enjoyed the Family Comedy on CCL last spring, though, so they still have entertainment they enjoy.

I'm hoping with CCL in the Med you'll get less falling down drunk people than you do in the Caribbean. Not saying nobody is tipsy on Dis, but it is much more so on CCL in our experience.

At the end of the day, the Med cruise is more a floating hotel since you are on land so many hours. As long as someone is cooking for me and cleaning my room its all good!!;) Then spend that extra dough on European excursions. We also did private excursions vs. Dis and plan to do the same this time instead of CCL. So I cannot comment on excursion differences.

I'm sure the Vista being a brand new ship will have a nice advantage to older ships as we sailed Dis Magic right before it was to undergo renovations.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked the May 14th voyage today! I'm currently blogging about our last Med cruise on the Vision of the Seas, but I'll be blogging our planning process and, depending on the internet packages on the boat, possibly live-blogging our trip :)

In any case, I'll bring back plenty of pictures, videos and details to post here!

Just booked the May 14th voyage today! I'm currently blogging about our last Med cruise on the Vision of the Seas, but I'll be blogging our planning process and, depending on the internet packages on the boat, possibly live-blogging our trip :)

In any case, I'll bring back plenty of pictures, videos and details to post here!

I've been loving your report! Now you have the Europe fever and it won't ever go away :D We are doing the same itinerary June 11 and I will be doing my first cruise trip report.

I've been loving your report! Now you have the Europe fever and it won't ever go away :D We are doing the same itinerary June 11 and I will be doing my first cruise trip report.

Glad you've been enjoying it! :D

I'm okay with permanent Europe fever -- I'm so excited to get back and do another Med cruise given how much we fell in love with Europe on the first one!

Can't wait to read your report! :)

• 2 months later...