Couple easy questions about meals

boiledcabbage

Newbie questions, embarking in 25 days, yay!

First question: I will be weaning myself completely from all electronics so will have no clue what time it is. A lot of the places I want to try are lunch only. Is there some lunch call or clocks somewhere so I don't miss the window of opportunity? With staying up late, having mixed drinks etc. I'm going to be way off schedule.

Second question: I'm seeing posts about table space at the buffets being tricky. Do they happen to have trays or carry out style containers so that I can eat on deck or go back to my room? Is eating on deck away from the restaurants generally accepted of frowned upon? From what I have seen the room service menu isn't nearly as appealing as the options on deck so I would like to avoid that.

Thanks

Newbie questions, embarking in 25 days, yay!

First question: I will be weaning myself completely from all electronics so will have no clue what time it is. A lot of the places I want to try are lunch only. Is there some lunch call or clocks somewhere so I don't miss the window of opportunity? With staying up late, having mixed drinks etc. I'm going to be way off schedule.

Second question: I'm seeing posts about table space at the buffets being tricky. Do they happen to have trays or carry out style containers so that I can eat on deck or go back to my room? Is eating on deck away from the restaurants generally accepted of frowned upon? From what I have seen the room service menu isn't nearly as appealing as the options on deck so I would like to avoid that.

Thanks

You can use the stairway digital clocks to get an approximate time. You can use your cabin phone for wakeup calls for any time of the day and night

No more trays on the ships I've been on, just large plates. There are tables outside the buffet before you get to the main pool area, and there are tables near the aft pool and pizza.

Bring a watch with you, it will be needed to keep track of the time while your off the ship in port. You have to be back on board a half hour before sailing. You should have no problem finding seating on the lido deck, there are plenty of tables. The area around the buffett area does get crowded, especially at breakfast. Lunch and early evening people are coming and going at different times so there are usually tables close to the buffett area.You can take your food and drink anywhere you want to.

There are clocks around the ship. Don't depend on your cell phone (in airplane mode of course). I recommend a cheap Timex (or other watch) so you don't miss any of the great things you want to do. Take a highlighter to mark the things in your Carnival Capers you don't want to miss and tear off the flap and take with you.

True, tables are sometimes hard to find but not impossible. Dont be shy either, especially with the bigger tables. if someone is sitting at a big table alone, ask to join them. Who knows they might be your new best friend.

Have fun, there is alot to do and ALOT to eat. pace yourself (pack some tums or Alka selzer (I can't believe I ate the whole thing. Plop plop, fizz fizz oh what a relief it is ) LOL Just in case.:D

I onderstaand your want to check out from electronics, but you really do need a watch of some sort. If you are in port, you need to know what time it is. Like, the ship leaves at 4pm be back at 3 pm. How are you going to know? The clocks in shops on the islands are not what you want to go by. You need to go by SHIP TIME not island time as they are not always the same.

But to answer your question about buffet seating, honestly people say it's tricky and it is, but even during high times, I haven't had a problem finding a spot for my husband and I. Was it always the best table by the window? No but it was a table.

No boxes or trays and I do wish they would bring the trays back, especially at breakfast when you may have a plate, a coffee, and a juice. But that's another topic all together. You may have to do a little walking around but you can find a table.

On most ships on deck 10, where the fish & chips is located (just above the regular buffet) you can just about always find a table.

I agree you can always find a place to sit either on the Lido deck on deck 10.

For sure bring a watch.

Enjoy your cruise.

There are clocks at all of the exit spots...and you can ask others what time it is! I don't wear a watch, but if you ask, folks will tell you! So easy!

Especially people with really nice watches, like Rolex, Omega, etc - You can spot them and you KNOW they are DYING to look at their fancy watch and look at the time

I can say this because my husband is a watch crazy person and he loves it when I ask him the time :cool:

Bring a clip on watch if you dont want to wear one. You will need to know ship time when in the ports.

When you order room service your food comes on a tray. Keep the tray and take it to the buffet.

Funny but I haven't worn a watch in years at home or on the ship! There are plenty of clocks on board and as mentioned you can get a wake up call on your in cabin phone.

When on shore you won't be in the middle of nowhere. There will be other people with watches or local stores will also be able to tell you the time or you'll be on a ship's excursion so no need to worry about getting back to the ship.

We are also totally off the grid when we sail and we don't miss electronics or watched and we have never missed a ship yet!