Silly question about Crown and Anchor

Is the gold level for up to 3 cruises and then on the 4th cruise you are platinum? Also can each person who cruises sign up for it and start earning points after their first cruise or is it just the main person who books?

My understanding of C & A is that you get 1 point for each day you cruise e.g. we did a 19 day cruise and each now have 19 points and are on Gold level with 11 points left to get to the next level, which I guess means when we do another cruise if it is for 11 days or longer we will be at the next level after Gold. Both hubby and myself did the cruise so we each have the same amount of points. Does that make sense? :cool:

anyone who enrolls into the program earns points on cruises they take( even the kids).

points are earned AFTER the cruise is completed. usually take 7-10 days after you disembark to get the points added to your account. how many points you earn per cruise depends on the length of the cruise , and even what sort of cabin you get( suites earn double points)

Is the gold level for up to 3 cruises and then on the 4th cruise you are platinum? Also can each person who cruises sign up for it and start earning points after their first cruise or is it just the main person who books?

You Need three cruise Points to make Gold. That´s not 3 Cruises. You earn 1 cruise Point for every night sailed. If you are in a full Suite (excludes Junior Suites) you will get 2 Points per night cruised. If you are sailing solo and paying full Price for the cabin you will earn 2 Points as well, when solo in a full Suite it´s three Points per night.

For making Platinum you Need 30 cruise Points and you will be considered Platinum on the cruise following the one you reached the 30 Points on.

Every sailing passenger can sign up and earn Points. It doesn´t matter who pays. And even if you pay for 10 People you only earn the Points for yourself.

Ok so the points are per day, so you need 30 days of cruising to get to platinum level? I suppose they make the first level 3 points because that is about the minimum days of 1 cruise.

Yes. Well there might be an occasional 1 or 2 night cruise, but they are very far and few in between. Most of them are like pre-inaugural Cruises and often on Invitation, so no Points on those earned anyway. However there are paid and Point earning ones. I´ve done a paid for 2-nighter last year.

After your first cruise, each person that cruised can enroll in the Crown & Anchor Society. You will each be given your own membership number and you will each start to accrue points based on your future cruises.

Just to complicate things, you can also designate one person who lives with you to be your "buddy" and they get the same C&A level as you, even if they did not go on the same number of cruises. Just call C&A to have your accounts linked.

And in addition to double points for JS and above, you get double points if you pay double and sail solo.

You Need three cruise Points to make Gold. That´s not 3 Cruises. You earn 1 cruise Point for every night sailed. If you are in a full Suite (excludes Junior Suites) you will get 2 Points per night cruised. If you are sailing solo and paying full Price for the cabin you will earn 2 Points as well, when solo in a full Suite it´s three Points per night.

For making Platinum you Need 30 cruise Points and you will be considered Platinum on the cruise following the one you reached the 30 Points on.

Every sailing passenger can sign up and earn Points. It doesn´t matter who pays. And even if you pay for 10 People you only earn the Points for yourself.

Thank you. :)

We will be taking our 3rd RCI cruise soon--a 7 dayer.. We both have 15 points, and we have booked balconies so far.

So, I guess we need 2 more cruises to get to platinum, and figure how to get 15 more points. :D

Patti

Just to complicate things, you can also designate one person who lives with you to be your "buddy" and they get the same C&A level as you, even if they did not go on the same number of cruises. Just call C&A to have your accounts linked.

Not sure if this was a one off thing, but prior to our recent cruise, they made everyone in my family the same level as I am (Platinum). I called to make final payment and the RC agent did this voluntarily.

Just to complicate things, you can also designate one person who lives with you to be your "buddy" and they get the same C&A level as you, even if they did not go on the same number of cruises. Just call C&A to have your accounts linked..

It's not just one. Every family member living under the same roof qualifies. As long as each family member has cruised at least once with RCI, they will all attain the level of the highest member in the house. So, if the entire family goes on a cruise together and then then only one member goes on 10 more, the entire family will have the same status as the one that has now been on 11 cruises.

And in addition to double points for JS and above, you get double points if you pay double and sail solo.

But not always true.

I just sailed solo and paid double but because i did not pay "full fare" it does not count. I got a special price, so only one lot of points.

I'm RCI Platinum and will be Emerald this June, and I'll tell ya, don't be loyal just to achieve C&A levels. Take the best cruise for what you want to do. It's really about the experience and doing the things you like to do.