Beverage Package Pricing Increase

I'd really like the Celebrity rep to clarify their statement made earlier in post 286 and 582. I was feeling good about my planned 123 promo upgrade on my cruise in June at the old cost but on second thoughts, feel the statement could be misinterpreted ... does Celebrity mean that I can upgrade at the old price onboard only til April 20th or indefinitely if already purchased prior to the increase?

Interested in how everyone else reads it but especially if Celebrity would clarify and add if there is any date of expiry for upgrading if you received the beverage package as a promo?

I thought post 582 was pretty clear: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46210395&postcount=582 We sail in January 2016 with the Spring Into Savings with all three perks and I feel satisfied that we can upgrade at the $10 + grats price. Did you, by chance, contact Celebrity at the number - included in the post - with your question?

Thanks for trying to interpret it but I did the same...but read again and it isn't concrete if you can do that until April 20th or beyond and if longer, til when? I certainly want to read it that way for June, but does that allow people who have booked into November to keep to the old upgrade price too? Someone on our cruise called in to Celebrity and was told that he would be charged $16 come June for the upgrade onboard. It would be great to get it answered here and take a print out on board rather than my hearsay if there was any confusion.

Hi all,

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

Again, seems clear.

After hearing one of my shipmates got a contrary answer when he called in, I was waiting a week for the message to become clear for all staff at Celebrity's offices too and intend to call this week to follow up an OBC which hasn't shown up in my account anyway, but curious about your reactions in the meantime and if we could get a printed concrete response from Celebrity.

After hearing one of my shipmates got a contrary answer when he called in, I was waiting a week for the message to become clear for all staff at Celebrity's offices too and intend to call this week to follow up an OBC which hasn't shown up in my account anyway, but curious about your reactions in the meantime and if we could get a printed concrete response from Celebrity.

Have you read all the posts in this thread.

See posts for Celebrity:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jveevers View Post

We are reading report that on at least 1 current cruise , Celebrity are trying to hit up for $16 day to upgrade with 123go recipients. How can we be absolutely confident that wont happen.

From Celebrity:

We worked with the guest to ensure that they only had to pay the $10 upgrade cost. This also occurred on the day of the change of prices. We sent an additional message to all of our ships to make sure that no other guests would be affected.

Lastly, we work out of the Miami office, and have a pretty good track record on Cruise Critic (to my knowledge).

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

This seems clear to me. How many times do you want Celebrity to tell you the same thing?

It means we can upgrade for the difference in the price between the 2 packages, ( if you chose it as your 123 Perk ) which will still be $10.00 plus the $1.80 grat.

If you purschased a Classic package at the old price point, you will have to pay the additional $6.00 increase that went into effect on April 6th, if you did not upgrade before the April 20th deadline.

I understand that if you'd booked the 123 before 20th the increase doesn't apply

1b9bf9e0bd3da8265da40d0a8133c554.jpg

I can get a lower price on my cabin or upgrade for the same price for two booked cruises. The problem is I'd have to give up the "free" promotions. So are they really free?

ChucktownSteve

NO The Perks are NOT free.

I was notified about a balcony price drop of 33% for our cruise on Friday ( balconies were cheaper than any other category ) it is one week before payment is due. So I did a dummy booking. The reduced price is for a balcony guarentee, without any perks.

When we first booked our cruise, a 2D cabin was much cheaper, as it didn't offer the drinks package!!!

How many time would you like celebrity to confirm what they have already confirmed...

I found their responses to be very good and easy to read & understand what's going on!

It still doesn't make sense to me that if you purchase the package vs receiving it as a perk, you have to pay for a higher price to upgrade. Would it make sense if I ordered a pair of shoes and by the time I received them, the price had gone up and they charged me more?

How in the world would they keep straight who bought and who received it as a perk? And on the other hand, if you purchase the package in advance, they already have the money which is earning them interest or making money for them in some way. Isn't that the reason for giving a discount for booking the package before you sail?

I really don't think they have thought this through and when all is said and done, I believe no one will pay more than the $11.80. to upgrade.

I can't wait to hear from someone who purchased the package in advance and upgrades after the 20th.

It still doesn't make sense to me that if you purchase the package vs receiving it as a perk, you have to pay for a higher price to upgrade. Would it make sense if I ordered a pair of shoes and by the time I received them, the price had gone up and they charged me more?

How in the world would they keep straight who bought and who received it as a perk? And on the other hand, if you purchase the package in advance, they already have the money which is earning them interest or making money for them in some way. Isn't that the reason for giving a discount for booking the package before you sail?

I really don't think they have thought this through and when all is said and done, I believe no one will pay more than the $11.80. to upgrade.

I can't wait to hear from someone who purchased the package in advance and upgrades after the 20th.

It suggests there wont be similarly worded deals for a while. And the wording on your invoice will determine what you pay.

i have cruises with an included classic package booked for 2016 and for 2017.

i took it from the post be cel x that u would just have to pay the $10 +18% to upgrade.

given some of the posts made since Celebrity last posted i would be grateful if the Celebrity representative can confirm what i will pay onboard in 2016 and 2017 to upgrade.

many thanks in advance. [emoji41]

Edited by gcgold

i have cruises with an included classic package booked for 2016 and for 2017.

i took it from the post be cel x that u would just have to pay the $10 +18% to upgrade.

given some of the posts made since Celebrity last posted i would be grateful if the Celebrity representative can confirm what i will pay onboard in 2016 and 2017 to upgrade.

many thanks in advance. [emoji41]

Im expecting not to pay extra for cruises booked for 2015 and two in 2016 booked through the spring promo.

Im expecting not to pay extra for cruises booked for 2015 and two in 2016 booked through the spring promo.

yes . i am not expecting to pay extra either. i would just like Cel X to confirm this so that i wont need to waste valuable holiday time at guest relations arguing the case ![emoji41]

Edited by gcgold

yes . i am not expecting to pay extra either. i would just like Cel X to confirm this so that i wont need to waste valuable holiday time at guest relations arguing the case ![emoji41]

They have already confirmed that...

The issues I see is 1 cruiser had been charged the higher Limit by mistake which has also been confirmed and dealt with...

Now chill out gcgold and get it paid up!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

They have already confirmed that...

The issues I see is 1 cruiser had been charged the higher Limit by mistake which has also been confirmed and dealt with...

Now chill out gcgold and get it paid up!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

other posters feel that there is some ambiguity in the cel x statement. i would be happy to pay the upgrade now if needed however we have $500 OBC on both cruises so would prefer to use that when we get on the boat - but not if its 60% more than paying now [emoji35]

Mr T not HP coz Chelski grabbed a late winner mefinks [emoji12]

other posters feel that there is some ambiguity in the cel x statement. i would be happy to pay the upgrade now if needed however we have $500 OBC on both cruises so would prefer to use that when we get on the boat - but not if its 60% more than paying now [emoji35]

Mr T not HP coz Chelski grabbed a late winner mefinks [emoji12]

That was expected... So not that bothered... I'll settle for 2nd! this year [emoji12]

As for the drinks package I don't see how it's not as clear as water! [emoji15]

That was expected... So not that bothered... I'll settle for 2nd! this year [emoji12]

As for the drinks package I don't see how it's not as clear as water! [emoji15]

On this side of the pond we have areas where the water is indeed not clear. Could that be the case on this issue over there too!:D

Bottom line, the only folks that will be impacted in any way, are the ones that 'BOUGHT' a Classic pkg and want to upgrade. The price to PURSCHSE the Premium pkg has had an increase. There is no problem here, as no one that has already bought a Classic or the Premium is going to be back charged a penny or pence. But if they want something that 'they do not have at the current time', it is going to cost more.

If you don't buy the apples on Sat, and they are higher on Monday, yes, it is clear as water.

EW

While Celebrity has confirmed that there will be no increase to those who booked on the Spring 123 I am guessing that the practicality is that there will be issues once we get onboard and have to "argue" the fact with guest services based on a "forum" post, especially for those who booked the spring package for cruises in 2016. A letter we could print off might be a good thing for Celebrity to do. I have received obc - I know we wont spend it onboard, so will use that for the upgrade.

Edited by Pushka

Yeah... don't wait until you get on board. Customer service is giving different answers than the rep here on the forum. I am not saying they would not honor it onboard, but I do not want to spend my time at guest services negotiating. So, I paid in advance for the upgrade and will use the OBC for a spa visit or something.

Yeah... don't wait until you get on board. Customer service is giving different answers than the rep here on the forum. I am not saying they would not honor it onboard, but I do not want to spend my time at guest services negotiating. So, I paid in advance for the upgrade and will use the OBC for a spa visit or something.

You hit the nail on the head there. A post on CC wont cut it if Guest Services onboard see it differently. I cannot see why Celebrity cannot spell it out in full on-line, and then there can be no arguements.

This time last year there was the issue with the increase in many drinks above the classic limit. Celebrity then uploaded a PDF to this forum with a list of the available drinks and this helped immensely.

That is what needs to happen now - on Celebrity stationery, a PDF that states that bookings made on the Spring Promo in 2015 will be charged the current amount for upgrading to Premium, and we can then all download that document to show it to Guest Services when onboard if there is an overcharge.

Edited by Pushka

This thread just went to the laughable stage.

Amen! People keep asking for Celbrity to confirm, then ask them to confirm the confirmation, then ask them to confirm the confirmation confirming the confirmation. (I think):confused:

Sure. I have taken a photo of what the rep has said. But if there is an issue it means diddly squat.

Without something in writing it doesn't exist. If you are ok relying on their IT to get things right then you are braver than me.

As an example of IT foolery on the Celebrity website. Last night I tried booking an excursion in Alaska. There is a flight so there are weight limits. You must be under 250 lbs. If I select that I am under 250 lbs in the booking, it won't let me proceed to book it. It tells me I am not allowed to proceed. If I select I am over 250 lbs, I can book it and pay for it.

That is the reason why today I am thinking I need something in writing.

I have no idea what good deeds has to do with it.

Edited by Pushka