Beverage Package Pricing Increase

Looks like there should be some bargains in the future as it seems loads of current celebrity cruisers are all going to leave as prices have gone up...

How dare celebrity increase their prices without writing to everyone before and asking permission to do so!!! [emoji23]

Some people do like to have a good old moan about stuff!!

Here's an idea... Don't upgrade your free promo drinks package and enjoy what you can get for free without all the moaning & stress!! [emoji33]

hear hear old boy [emoji6]

dont understand all this fuss. its just a trip out on a boat after all.[emoji12]

Thanks for saying this - even in jest - because I was terrified this thread was going to die out. My husband is worried about how I'll spend my days if there are no new posts to this thread to investigate.

I suppose I could wander over to the fresh squeezed OJ thread ...

.... I see the "service animal" thread is back also, always good for a belly laugh or two!:D

.... I see the "service animal" thread is back also, always good for a belly laugh or two!:D

LOL. I saw that, but for some reason I find it more difficult to emotionally invest myself in that thread. :)

I'm not a big drinker, so I don't usually get the drink package. I might try a drink or three over the course of the cruise, but that's it. My husband gets the soda package.

This time out we booked during the Spring into Savings promo with all three perks included and now I find myself obsessing over the details of the drink package.

First World problems for sure. :)

Hi all,

I want to ensure everyone saw this message, so posting it again in case anyone didn't see it.

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

In addition, if you have purchased the Classic Beverage Package for $49, then when the new pricing goes into effect, the cost to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package will be $16 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

Hi all,

I want to ensure everyone saw this message, so posting it again in case anyone didn't see it.

If you received a Classic Beverage Package as a result of 123go, Pick Your Perk, or any other offer – you will still be eligible to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package for $10 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

In addition, if you have purchased the Classic Beverage Package for $49, then when the new pricing goes into effect, the cost to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package will be $16 per day (+18% gratuity) pre-cruise or onboard.

If you have any questions about this change, please feel free to call Celebrity at 1-844-418-6824.

We are reading report that on at least 1 current cruise , Celebrity are trying to hit up for $16 day to upgrade with 123go recipients. How can we be absolutely confident that wont happen.

We are reading report that on at least 1 current cruise , Celebrity are trying to hit up for $16 day to upgrade with 123go recipients. How can we be absolutely confident that wont happen.

We worked with the guest to ensure that they only had to pay the $10 upgrade cost. This also occurred on the day of the change of prices. We sent an additional message to all of our ships to make sure that no other guests would be affected.

Lastly, we work out of the Miami office, and have a pretty good track record on Cruise Critic (to my knowledge).

ystGrJ3SmiTQY.gif

Celebrity Cruises you have a great sense of humour! Thanks for brightening up my day :). I should also belatedly thank you for clarifying the upgrade price as I'm sailing soon having received the drinks package as a perk. So thank you very much for that and for all the work you do on these boards.

We worked with the guest to ensure that they only had to pay the $10 upgrade cost. This also occurred on the day of the change of prices. We sent an additional message to all of our ships to make sure that no other guests would be affected.

Lastly, we work out of the Miami office, and have a pretty good track record on Cruise Critic (to my knowledge).

Your updates and responses are very much appreciated. Glitches happen, thanks tons for addressing them. :-)

My thoughts about the increase in the beverage package is that I do not mind since receiving it as part of the promotion. Having received OBC in addition to the classic package when many others, I read, only received one of the three offerings in the regular verandah cabins or lower. I have no cause to complain, BUT, I would strongly recommend that Celebrity increase the $ value of beverages included in each package to be commensurate with the increase, rather that be $1.00 or $2.00, that would go a long way to ameliorate some of the upset and surprize.

Give a little bit and the increase would be a bit more tolerable, especially for those who are paying the full freight for the packages, Classic or Premium.

Just my $.02 on this one.. Thanks bo1953 :D

Thank you, but this will not be necessary. We're sending an additional message to the ships to ensure that guests sailing do not experience this issue.

Hello Celebrity. Thanks for taking an active roll. I just got off the phone with Celebrity call center in Miami and their story is different. The gentleman told me that after teh 20th it would be a $16 upgrade. I mentioned what you said here, and he put me on hold. I waited for 11 minutes and gave up. It is very frustrating when different parts of the company are giving different answers. Thanks again for all of your help.

Edited by Barry ATL

My thoughts about the increase in the beverage package is that I do not mind since receiving it as part of the promotion. Having received OBC in addition to the classic package when many others, I read, only received one of the three offerings in the regular verandah cabins or lower. I have no cause to complain, BUT, I would strongly recommend that Celebrity increase the $ value of beverages included in each package to be commensurate with the increase, rather that be $1.00 or $2.00, that would go a long way to ameliorate some of the upset and surprize.

Give a little bit and the increase would be a bit more tolerable, especially for those who are paying the full freight for the packages, Classic or Premium.

Agree :cool:

I've printed a copy of the Celebrity response. Hoping this will be enough for us to use on our upcoming cruise as we would like to upgrade onboard using our onboard credit. I thought this issue was resolved.

We sail almost exclusively with Celebrity and Oceania (smoking policy). Oceania's beverage package is the same price as Celebrity's premium package before you add in the 18% (included in Oceania's). Oceania also doesn't have any price limit on drinks. You can order doubles of anything you want other than the ancient scotch that goes for about $100. I've ordered a double of an aged cognac that just about paid for my daily drink plan. Also you don't have to take it for the whole cruise. We usually sign up for the last week. I think it is ridiculous for Celebrity to raise the price on their plans and not raise the dollar amount allowed. As a perk it is a good deal but otherwise I don't believe it's worth it.

I agree it would be LOGICAL for Celebrity to increase the drink cap in keep the same beverages available. Unfortunately they are more interested in profit. The Equinox management was told of the beverage package increase 2 days before it went into effect. They confirmed that the beverage cap did not increase. We will see what happens when ALL of the red and white wines in the MDR are above the Classic cap AGAIN after the next wine price increase....

We sail almost exclusively with Celebrity and Oceania (smoking policy). Oceania's beverage package is the same price as Celebrity's premium package before you add in the 18% (included in Oceania's). Oceania also doesn't have any price limit on drinks. You can order doubles of anything you want other than the ancient scotch that goes for about $100. I've ordered a double of an aged cognac that just about paid for my daily drink plan. Also you don't have to take it for the whole cruise. We usually sign up for the last week. I think it is ridiculous for Celebrity to raise the price on their plans and not raise the dollar amount allowed. As a perk it is a good deal but otherwise I don't believe it's worth it.

On X you can also edit to purchase the package at a pro-rated price on board, you just must take it for all remaining days, and must add prior to the 3rd or 2nd last day of the cruise (not sure of that detail).

Remember, X did raise the price limits of included drinks in May 2014 - I'm positive the wine price cap increased, but not positive the beer wine and spirits caps raised.

I agree it would be LOGICAL for Celebrity to increase the drink cap in keep the same beverages available. Unfortunately they are more interested in profit. The Equinox management was told of the beverage package increase 2 days before it went into effect. They confirmed that the beverage cap did not increase. We will see what happens when ALL of the red and white wines in the MDR are above the Classic cap AGAIN after the next wine price increase....

This is not unfortunate for their shareholders - it's what a good business is supposed to do, and in the case of a publicly traded company, is REQUIRED to do. They are not a non-profit charity.

Sure some will stop buying ht packages, but let's be serious, someone's never going to come on cruise, say, "aw shucks, package prices went up, no alcohol or other fancy drinks for me! "

Instead, they may decide against the package, and instead pay as they go... no real money lost, and depending on the person, perhaps even way more money made. Read all the threads out there of people saying how much the beverage packages save them in money.....far more say that than the packages are a bust for them (Although for me, a package is a bust, unless free, I just don't drink that much - i generally come out around even or slightly less.)

On X you can also edit to purchase the package at a pro-rated price on board, you just must take it for all remaining days, and must add prior to the 3rd or 2nd last day of the cruise (not sure of that detail).

Remember, X did raise the price limits of included drinks in May 2014 - I'm positive the wine price cap increased, but not positive the beer wine and spirits caps raised.

I am fairly certain that for the Premium package the limit was increased for spirits to $13 from $12 and the price of the package did not increase. But it did go up some time before the limit change.

We have the 123 on our cruise next year. We were planning on using our OCB to upgrade when we get onboard. Will they remember to only charge us $10?

This is not unfortunate for their shareholders - it's what a good business is supposed to do, and in the case of a publicly traded company, is REQUIRED to do. They are not a non-profit charity.

Sure some will stop buying ht packages, but let's be serious, someone's never going to come on cruise, say, "aw shucks, package prices went up, no alcohol or other fancy drinks for me! ")

That's exactly what we are saying, "Ah shucks, package prices went up, no alcohol or other fancy drinks for us".

That's exactly what we are saying, "Ah shucks, package prices went up, no alcohol or other fancy drinks for us".

But understand, we are saying the opposite as thousands each and every week are doing. What!:eek: you mean for only $11.80 per day, additional cost, we get all the bottled water, speciality coffee, fresh squeezed juice, craft beer, ( and American mass market beer ) martini's, and wine offered up to a menu price of $13? Where do we sign up and give our credit card info! And yes, we are over 60.:D

But understand, we are saying the opposite as thousands each and every week are doing. What!:eek: you mean for only $11.80 per day, additional cost, we get all the bottled water, speciality coffee, fresh squeezed juice, craft beer, ( and American mass market beer ) martini's, and wine offered up to a menu price of $13? Where do we sign up and give our credit card info! And yes, we are over 60.:D

Where is that $11.80 per day number coming from? The drink packages are at least $50-$60 per day. If you think you got it for free, you're delusional. There is no such thing as a free lunch. Cruise lines are making cutbacks because they are making enough money, and they are going to give you unlimited free drinks? Why don't they give them for transatlantics? See what happens if there is a price decrease on your cruise and the new promo has no percs. Unless you get lucky and talk to someone who is completely incompentant at the cruise line, you'll have to give up some/all your percs to get the lower price. Why? weren't the percs free?

P.T. Barnum had a saying that covers this, it escapes me at the moment.