complain about pricing RC

kiek

Hallo we normily cruise twice a year with RC and book one year before cruising we are diamont so we always get a discount.This year we go in may on the Independence and sept. on the Freedom for the two cruises we payt 2600 euro for balcon cabins. If we reserve the same cruises now it will cost us 4200 euro.

RC tells us we get the second person half price.

Can anyone tell me where is the best way to complain?

The best way to complain is to not book the cruises. I see a lot of people complaining about the pricing of these cruises increasing, or the pricing of the drinks increasing, or the nickly and diming. Honestly RC is not going to change if they keep sailing at or close to capcity. They are a business. They ae in it to make money for themselves and shareholders. Until that bottom line is being affected there will be no change in pricing. The best way to do that is to either not book if you dont feel it is a good value, or nto spend as much while on board.

Hallo we normily cruise twice a year with RC and book one year before cruising we are diamont so we always get a discount.This year we go in may on the Independence and sept. on the Freedom for the two cruises we payt 2600 euro for balcon cabins. If we reserve the same cruises now it will cost us 4200 euro.

RC tells us we get the second person half price.

Can anyone tell me where is the best way to complain?

The best way to complain is always to write a letter. Not email. By the way I agree with you also look into celebrity you may be surprised.

I would say write a letter if it helps you but as others have said, it is a business, people are cruising and lines charge what they think the market will bear. Price other lines, look for specials or deals and choose carefully.

I sail as a single for itinerary so I'm not real sympathetic about pricing issues, sorry.

Vote with your feet. If you feel like I do at the moment that Royal Caribbean are charging to much for things, don't book with them. If enough people go elsewhere they will get the message.

The trouble is with Royal Caribbean is that they no longer care about their loyal customers that have been with them for years, they are after the New Cruisers who don't know what things where like in the past, and what you got for your money. Not just material things, but service, friendly staff, and the feeling that they really want you to be on board. Several of these things are now sadly missing.

4,200 Euro, that´s a cheapo!! :rolleyes:

Try to get a quote for the Vision out of Venice in May 2016. A balcony for triple occupancy is a mere 6,600 Euro. Same date, same port, but Norwegian Jade: a bit less than 3,000 Euro for a Mini Suite (including either a beverage package, restaurant package or OBC - promo).

steamboats

Vote with your feet. If you feel like I do at the moment that Royal Caribbean are charging to much for things, don't book with them. If enough people go elsewhere they will get the message.

The trouble is with Royal Caribbean is that they no longer care about their loyal customers that have been with them for years, they are after the New Cruisers who don't know what things where like in the past, and what you got for your money. Not just material things, but service, friendly staff, and the feeling that they really want you to be on board. Several of these things are now sadly missing.

I would pretty much agree with this. We have a cruised booked next winter at a great price, but after that it's questionable when we'll be on RCCL again considering their current pricing......:(

There are actually two factors working against you. First of all, RCL has raised prices. even with all of the "sales" they are running prices higher. Their CEO has stated they want to keep their prices up and they do not plan to discount cruise fares, even for last minute fares. [i doubt they will be able to follow this]

The second problem is the value of the euro vs the USD. We traveled in Europe last fall. The euro was ~1.4 to the USD. Now it is down to ~1.1 [not sure what it is today]. The difference may even have been higher when you booked those cruises a year ago. That would equal ~$780 more or $3380 for your original booking without any fare increase using the approximate current euro value.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

I agree pretty much with what other people have said. Don't book with Royal if you can get a better deal with another cruise line that gives you what you need ( which you will!) That's what we're doing, and so are many others.

If everyone voted with their feet and refused to pay the high prices, they might reconsider their position. They might not, of course, but by that time you will be having a great time with another cruise line. There's really no need to be loyal to Royal. They don't care about their customers.

Couldn't have said it better!

I am really interested to see what is up with Royal, haven't sailed with RCI since 2003, Brilliance, and I'm onboard the Vision for 25 days this Fall.

Being retired, sailing for itinerary, not necessarily price, this time RCI was way cheaper than Princess (my other choice), I realize I'm in a different situation. Back in the 80s when I started cruising, I looked at pricing, sailing single for 30+ years, I get the pricing conversation.

I've cruised with 6 cruise lines, Carnival, Celebrity, Costa, NCL, Princess and RCI. The last 2 fit me best, the 3 Cs, I would be surprised if I tried them again. NCL in their early days were fine for me but I want a fixed dining room with the same people every night.