Would You Accept This Gift?

antmaril

Glad to see this. My dad was recently widowed and said he looked forward to traveling again. It's something he and my stepmom enjoyed before she got to sick. We talked about him doing something like this since the cost is the same. Enjoy

I lost my DH of 44 years this past year and the thought of cruising without him on HAL is impossible for me at the moment. We had over 80 cruises on HAL and have a great deal of history there and many Officer/crew friends.

While a few couples invited me to sail with them various HAL sailings, I was appreciative but had to decline.

Another couple invited me to sail NCL with them......... I thought that a great transition for me to get back to sailing. My late DH and I sailed HAL and other cruise lines (years ago) but never NCL so that is what I am going to do.

I have booked a suite for myself and the price is high for a solo, of course, but that is the type cabin I always have sailed so think it worth it to try and make every chance I can really enjoy this cruise. The savings for a smaller suite or verandah cabin might be fine for subsequent cruises but not my first as a solo.

This thread has interested me for obvious reasons. :)

My husband and I loved to cruise but he has ms and is now not able to cruise comfortably

I was used to traveling solo for business and he encouraged me to try solo cruising

It is not like being together but it is a great way to travel and meet new people

You may indeed consider solo cruising

Ncl is the best!!

My husband and I loved to cruise but he has ms and is now not able to cruise comfortably

I was used to traveling solo for business and he encouraged me to try solo cruising

It is not like being together but it is a great way to travel and meet new people

You may indeed consider solo cruising

Ncl is the best!!

I'm so sorry to hear your DH had to give up cruising due to his illness. Wishing you both the best.

I lost my DH of 44 years this past year and the thought of cruising without him on HAL is impossible for me at the moment. We had over 80 cruises on HAL and have a great deal of history there and many Officer/crew friends.

While a few couples invited me to sail with them various HAL sailings, I was appreciative but had to decline.

Another couple invited me to sail NCL with them......... I thought that a great transition for me to get back to sailing. My late DH and I sailed HAL and other cruise lines (years ago) but never NCL so that is what I am going to do.

I have booked a suite for myself and the price is high for a solo, of course, but that is the type cabin I always have sailed so think it worth it to try and make every chance I can really enjoy this cruise. The savings for a smaller suite or verandah cabin might be fine for subsequent cruises but not my first as a solo.

This thread has interested me for obvious reasons. :)

I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a very difficult time for you. I understand that cruising HAL would be hard. So many memories after that many HAL cruises.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on NCL with your friends.

Edited by antmaril

Thank you! You guys are making me feel pretty good about this.

I can tell you that when you lose your partner, your soulmate, your perspective on life changes. it is all about spending time and making memories with people you love. You can take that to the bank!

What a true friend you are! Would you please continue your adventure as it progresses? Planning is half the fun:)

hugs

debbie

I am so very sorry for your loss. It is a very difficult time for you. I understand that cruising HAL would be hard. So many memories after that many HAL cruises.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on NCL with your friends.

Thank you for such a kind message. :)

• 5 months later...

Hello Everyone. My friend and I are back from our cruise on the Gem (got home yesterday). I just wanted to report that we had a great time and made some wonderful memories. Nancy had never cruised before and loved it.

We had beautiful weather until we got to Portland on Wednesday and then it poured. All shore excursions were canceled. We were able to get off the ship late in the afternoon for a couple of hours (it had stopped raining hard).

We both loved Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor.

All in all, a great week. The UBP is the bomb 😃

Thanks to all for encouraging me to ask my friend to take this trip with me. It was the right decision!

Welcome home. :)

Did Nancy catch the cruising bug? ;):D

Oh yes, I think Nancy will cruise again. She loves being on the water and could not get enough of the views. When she walked into our cabin (mini-suite) and saw that balcony and the views, she was in heaven. Everyone had told her how small the cabins are and I think she was expecting a closet. She was pleasantly surprised.

Terrific! It is nice to hear from you and that you both enjoyed it.

Hello Everyone. My friend and I are back from our cruise on the Gem (got home yesterday). I just wanted to report that we had a great time and made some wonderful memories. Nancy had never cruised before and loved it.

We had beautiful weather until we got to Portland on Wednesday and then it poured. All shore excursions were canceled. We were able to get off the ship late in the afternoon for a couple of hours (it had stopped raining hard).

Thanks to all for encouraging me to ask my friend to take this trip with me. It was the right decision!

So glad you both had a great time. And thank you so much for coming back and reporting.

Harriet