Quickest you've gotten through dinner in MDR

I'll be on the Allure this summer and am in the process of modifying our MTD reservations. I'm trying to figure out what is the least amount of time that it will take to eat dinner in order to stay in port as long as possible but still make our show time one evening. Is it realistic to make 7:30 p.m. reservations and expect to still get done in about an hour or so in order to make it to a 9:00 p.m. show? Since there will only be two of us, I'm hoping that it will enable us to get through dinner more quickly.

I'll be on the Allure this summer and am in the process of modifying our MTD reservations. I'm trying to figure out what is the least amount of time that it will take to eat dinner in order to stay in port as long as possible but still make our show time one evening. Is it realistic to make 7:30 p.m. reservations and expect to still get done in about an hour or so in order to make it to a 9:00 p.m. show? Since there will only be two of us, I'm hoping that it will enable us to get through dinner more quickly.

the last thing I would want is to rush dinner worring about getting done in time. Change something IMO

Thank you all for your feedback. I changed my dinner reservation to 7:30. As much as I'm not thrilled with hurrying through dinner, I'd rather rush through that than have to rush to get back from Rome for an early dinner. Thanks!

We've never felt the need to "rush" through dinner....we're on VACATION! There is nothing that we absolutely need to do....

If you choose MTD, or eat in the buffet, you can gobble it down as fast as you feel the need! We prefer to relax and have a nice dinner, preferably, with table mates to talk to and have fun with!

For a table of two on the Allure we were finding ourselves being paced throughout dinner to drag out the time. Since the food is pretty much all pre-prepared in the MDR the waiters often had our food already waiting for us covered and would be ready as soon as we finished our appetizers.

Honestly if we just ate without being paced I feel like we could have been out of the MDR in less than 30 minutes.

I found that the only thing we had to wait for was dessert. For some reason dessert always seemed to take a few minutes to get to us.

We've never felt the need to "rush" through dinner....we're on VACATION! There is nothing that we absolutely need to do....

If you choose MTD, or eat in the buffet, you can gobble it down as fast as you feel the need! We prefer to relax and have a nice dinner, preferably, with table mates to talk to and have fun with!

That's you. OP wants to spend time in an interesting port and see a particular show and wanted a response to an inquiry, not your opinion. OP, you might possibly need to skip dessert but should have no problem making the show.

We've never really timed it but 45 minutes is probably our fastest MDR dinner. A table for two goes pretty fast and we are usually done in about an hour. A 7:30pm reservation for a 9:00pm show should be fine. You might arrive 10 minutes early just to be sure you are seated and ready to go at 7:30!

Once again, a wonderful pertinent answer to the OP's inquiry. We all love hearing what you, personally, prefer, especially when we are looking for specific information. YIKES! :roll eyes: To answer the OP's question, I agree with others posters who say about an hour or so for a party of 2. Hope your cruise is great!!

Edited by Rala
typo

Finishing a relaxed dinner in under an hour (rarely more than 45-50 minutes) is one of the main reasons why we always choose MTD. We don't do desserts or coffee, so that might make a difference, but we've never felt rushed in MTD, or felt we were rushing ourselves:)