Smoking Areas on S Class ships to be revised?

gcgold

On our last Cruise on Eclipse one of the Officers told us that the Smoking Areas on the shop was to be changed.

i did say that i found the area on the side of the lawn to be poor from a non smokers perspective as the Cigar guys tend to use the Gents toilets as a 'lighting up area' and the stench lingered for quite some time.

Apparently this is a very common complaint and he thought this area would be a non smoking area in future .

I have learned to take such comments with a pinch or 3 of salt.

Anybody know of any changes to where the smokers can indulge ?

On our last Cruise on Eclipse one of the Officers told us that the Smoking Areas on the shop was to be changed.

i did say that i found the area on the side of the lawn to be poor from a non smokers perspective as the Cigar guys tend to use the Gents toilets as a 'lighting up area' and the stench lingered for quite some time. ---

Anybody know of any changes to where the smokers can indulge ?

As long as they don't change deck 5 to starboard. I have specifically booked our cabin on the starboard side, to avoid the smell of the rising smoke to our balcony on deck 6.

As long as they don't change deck 5 to starboard. I have specifically booked our cabin on the starboard side, to avoid the smell of the rising smoke to our balcony on deck 6.

i understand they often switch the sides when cleaning / painting etc. someone told me to avoid deck 6 balconies for that reason - except at the back i think

Edited by gcgold

Our cabin was directly above the smoking area on Deck 5 and I was quite worried beforehand. Didn't need to have stressed.

BUT the guy smoking the cigar on the deck above the pool near the bar there was another matter. In his speedos. Not pleasant.

Yep, I've seen a few of those around Sydney, not in budgie smugglers of course. They are the ones that sit upwind of me at outdoor restaurants and smoke their cigars!

You mean I might have to put up with them on a cruise? :eek: :eek:

;) *waves at Pushka*

Hey TripleJ - hooked on cruises yet? ;)

Hey TripleJ - hooked on cruises yet? ;)

Absolutely! :D

Two down and another booked for Christmas.

It's all your fault, and Suncoast's! ;)

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Absolutely! :D

Two down and another booked for Christmas.

It's all your fault, and Suncoast's! ;)

Oh wow. Fantastic. So freakin addictive but you need to pick the right cruise for you!

Oh wow. Fantastic. So freakin addictive but you need to pick the right cruise for you!

We enjoyed both our cruises but although we loved Rhapsody of the Seas we felt RCI was lacking in some areas, especially quality of food, and drinks service.

We're really looking forward to trying Celebrity Solstice at Christmas. We have a cabin on deck 7 port side so hope we don't get affected by cigarette smoke drifting up from below.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Solstice ships are wonderful. We were on deck 6 - here - right above the smoking area on Equinox (Solstice size) on a Med cruise and no problems at all.

(Wrong pic - trying again)

07d5cd0af92d65f1511e8efd008a9814.jpg

Edited by Pushka

We've been on Decks 8, 9, and 10 above port side smoking area and never even smelled any smoke. On the S class ships. Have noticed the cigars at the lawn club and they are hard to get away from.

My morning has been changed by the mental images presented, though. :D

Hopeully this will be clarified by Celebrity...I am a non smoker but DH enjoys his cigar...follows the rules but seems they are changing again. Someone said cigars are now ok just outside on open deck behind Michaels ..not sure if S or M or how non suite guests access it....learning more would be helpful to dh...

On S class the area next to the Lawn used to be the spot...it was ok...comfy chairs...but very windy and a stench worse than cigars from fertilizer or something emanating from the lawn..That area was no longer an option on our recent Reflection cruise and there was no permitted spot out back on Connie.

If I recall correctly (maybe?) , on Ref there was a smoking area near the bar just outside of the Solarium... pool deck...not too bad but more smokers than seats...and ashtrays never emptied of butts and the bar area overall was loud and smelly.

On Connie...there was a permitted area near side of bandstand...again not enough seats...cigarettes burning in unemptied ashtrays, loud music and partiers...

Not very nice for a gentleman or lady who might want a cigar and upscale brandy....other lines treat cigar and other smokers much better.....ironic b/c Celeb originally set the high mark for cigar bars with the original Michaels clubs....IMHO, they should find a spot for smokers, cigar lovers that is nice yet not an infringement on non- smoker space..,

not looking to debate just seeking info

Hopeully this will be clarified by Celebrity...I am a non smoker but DH enjoys his cigar...follows the rules but seems they are changing again. Someone said cigars are now ok just outside on open deck behind Michaels ..not sure if S or M or how non suite guests access it....learning more would be helpful to dh...

On S class the area next to the Lawn used to be the spot...it was ok...comfy chairs...but very windy and a stench worse than cigars from fertilizer or something emanating from the lawn..That area was no longer an option on our recent Reflection cruise and there was no permitted spot out back on Connie.

If I recall correctly (maybe?) , on Ref there was a smoking area near the bar just outside of the Solarium... pool deck...not too bad but more smokers than seats...and ashtrays never emptied of butts and the bar area overall was loud and smelly.

On Connie...there was a permitted area near side of bandstand...again not enough seats...cigarettes burning in unemptied ashtrays, loud music and partiers...

Not very nice for a gentleman or lady who might want a cigar and upscale brandy....other lines treat cigar and other smokers much better.....ironic b/c Celeb originally set the high mark for cigar bars with the original Michaels clubs....IMHO, they should find a spot for smokers, cigar lovers that is nice yet not an infringement on non- smoker space..,

if only all the smokers were like your DH. As a very strong anti smoker i just wish all could accept your very reasonable points.

We have an Election going on over here . Get yourself over - I will vote for you [emoji41]

if only all the smokers were like your DH. As a very strong anti smoker i just wish all could accept your very reasonable points.

We have an Election going on over here . Get yourself over - I will vote for you [emoji41]

Thank you...hope someday soon dh will return to being a non smoker ..til then clarification would be helpful for all.....

I believe someone posted recently that smoking outside the Solarium is not being allowed anymore. Every time the glass doors opened the smoke drifted into the Solarium, so that could be the reason. Don't know if cigars were ever allowed there.

Thank you...hope someday soon dh will return to being a non smoker ..til then clarification would be helpful for all.....

so you declined my invite ! [emoji15]

oh well i think i might as well vote for a muppet -because we will get one anyway [emoji14]

Smoking areas on the M-class shipsConstellation and Infinity - include the following locations:

Deck 10 (Resort Deck mid-ship) – Port-side only – outside between the Buffet (Waterfall Café/Grill) and the Pool Bar

Deck 4 (Promenade Deck mid-ship) – Port-side only – outside between restaurant (Cosmopolitan Rest.) and Celebrity Theatre

This is based on personal cruise experiences on the Constellation TA in Oct/Nov 2014 and the Infinity (S. American cruise) in Jan/Feb 2015.

Smoking areas on the S-class ship Reflection include the following locations:

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port (left)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is “officially” permitted

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

.Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

This is based on a personal cruise experience on the Reflection TA in Apr. 2015.

What the OP posted is just supposition, just like they said, take with a grain of salt or 3. Until there is an official word or experiences posted by those on board it's just rumor, and we know how unreliable those can be.

Our cabin was directly above the smoking area on Deck 5 and I was quite worried beforehand. Didn't need to have stressed.

BUT the guy smoking the cigar on the deck above the pool near the bar there was another matter. In his speedos. Not pleasant.

The smoking or the speedo ???? :)

Smoking areas on the M-class shipsConstellation and Infinity - include the following locations:

Deck 10 (Resort Deck mid-ship) – Port-side only – outside between the Buffet (Waterfall Café/Grill) and the Pool Bar

Deck 4 (Promenade Deck mid-ship) – Port-side only – outside between restaurant (Cosmopolitan Rest.) and Celebrity Theatre

This is based on personal cruise experiences on the Constellation TA in Oct/Nov 2014 and the Infinity (S. American cruise) in Jan/Feb 2015.

Smoking areas on the S-class ship Reflection include the following locations:

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck aft) – Port (left)-side only – outside at the Sunset Bar – This is the area where Cigar & Pipe smoking is “officially” permitted

Deck 15 (Lawn Club Deck forward/mid-ship) – Starboard (right)-side only – outside at the Mast Bar

.Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck mid-ship) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the mid-ship elevators

Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck forward) – Port (left)-side only – outside of the forward elevators/Theatre

This is based on a personal cruise experience on the Reflection TA in Apr. 2015.

Looks like they eliminated it from the Pool Deck -- good for them. It either drafted into the solarium or the buffet area.