Allure preparing for dry dock

Wow, if you look at the FlowRider now in the webcam, it's really being taken apart. Looks scary but guess they are checking the jets or something?

The pumps are tarped, to prevent water damage to the electrical portion I would guess. I am thinking that they might be changing the surface mat and maybe the springs that hold the mat in place. They might also be working on the pumps and electrical for it. I rented it out in March and the one time I had that wave and the pumps stopped a few times while I was riding it for no reason. Maintence came and fixed it but it took 20 minutes for the propblem to be fixed.

The Aqua Thertre is also undergoing some serious work right now. The port side raising floor to the pool appears to be removed, as there is caution tape around that area.

While I believe it would be an incredible secret to keep, I can see the possibility of trying to install water slides on Allure. Before Quantum floated out, Navigator was equipped with Virtual Balconies so they could test how things would work in a real environment. Now granted Virtual Balconies are tiny compared to a water slide, but if the plan is add the slides to all Oasis class ships, might as well do it now while it's in drydock.

Mostly it's just me wishing for it as I'm on the west bound TA in October.

So true, even Virtual Balconies do require some work. The 4K video wouldn't be able to work over the public or private networks stably enough so a separate network would need to be installed dedicated to streaming the content, VB were not an after thought on Navigator!

Noticed the webcams are no broadcasting live.

Current views are date stamped 8th May...... whatever surprises they may have in store, there's not much longer to wait until her first cruise after dry dock :)

Noticed the webcams are no broadcasting live.

Current views are date stamped 8th May...... whatever surprises they may have in store, there's not much longer to wait until her first cruise after dry dock :)

You are right, I looked at them yesterday and thought it was odd it was still light at 10pm, I didn't notice the time stamp!

Fingers crossed for waterslides!

You are right, I looked at them yesterday and thought it was odd it was still light at 10pm, I didn't notice the time stamp!

Fingers crossed for waterslides!

Yeah, I noticed it last night too and checked again this morning.

We are all hoping for waterslides, just can't wait to find out!

Not sure that turning the cams off (or getting them to display an old shot) is relevant to installation of slides though as the only cam on the sports deck is too far away and pointing in the wrong direction to see the area where the slides would go?!

Yeah, I noticed it last night too and checked again this morning.

We are all hoping for waterslides, just can't wait to find out!

Not sure that turning the cams off (or getting them to display an old shot) is relevant to installation of slides though as the only cam on the sports deck is too far away and pointing in the wrong direction to see the area where the slides would go?!

It's likely the slides would be visible in the dock area and while being installed, it's not worth the risk, they will want the first announcement confirming it to be their announcement so reduce the risk of it leaking

It's likely the slides would be visible in the dock area and while being installed, it's not worth the risk, they will want the first announcement confirming it to be their announcement so reduce the risk of it leaking

Very true Ocav.

I guess we will just have to sit tight and wait.

This last week of dry dock will fly by, I presume she will be leaving Cadiz next Monday to sail to Barcelona for first cruise on 19th.

Will keep an eye on the cams, just in case they start broadcasting again :):)

Very true Ocav.

I guess we will just have to sit tight and wait.

This last week of dry dock will fly by, I presume she will be leaving Cadiz next Monday to sail to Barcelona for first cruise on 19th.

Will keep an eye on the cams, just in case they start broadcasting again :):)

Me too.

Was docked just across the water from allure when in Cadiz on explorer a couple of days back, couldn't see any sign of slides being installed around the pool area at all as of yet! (Not to say there isn't any work that isn't visible happening though!)

Was docked just across the water from allure when in Cadiz on explorer a couple of days back, couldn't see any sign of slides being installed around the pool area at all as of yet! (Not to say there isn't any work that isn't visible happening though!)

Drone operator needed in Cadiz! lol ;)

Doesn't sound promising however, I would think the last bits to be added would be the slides themselves. They would have initially been installing the metalwork to build the support structures, the sides being the last pieces to be fixed in place.

We live in hope..... :confused:

Conversation sounded promising for slides until now. Guess if they put them in, then huge bonus. If not, then nothing lost since the possibility of slides is new. Still, fingers crossed.

Putting in slides would require a dry dock, right? So if they didn't do it now, when is next dry dock planned?

Edited by LuCruise

Conversation sounded promising for slides until now. Guess if they put them in, then huge bonus. If not, then nothing lost since the possibility of slides is new. Still, fingers crossed.

Putting in slides would require a dry dock, right? So if they didn't do it now, when is next dry dock planned?

I don't see why the installation of slides would require a dry dock.

I agree, it wouldn't specifically require a dry dock but I doubt it's the kind of work they would undertake while the ship is operating with paying guests. It would require closing off a large area of the upper deck and, by the look of it, 2 pools too.

I wouldn't think they would be planning another dry dock for a number of years.... no time like to present!

Wouldn't it disrupt the passengers as they'd have to close off that section of the ship (for safety reasons)?

Yes, I would expect them to close off the section near the slides. However, they could easily turn one 7 day cruise into a 6 day cruise and have a day in port to work on the slides.

I agree, it wouldn't specifically require a dry dock but I doubt it's the kind of work they would undertake while the ship is operating with paying guests. It would require closing off a large area of the upper deck and, by the look of it, 2 pools too.

I wouldn't think they would be planning another dry dock for a number of years.... no time like to present!

Much of the work (installation of mounts, landing area and plumbing) could be accomplished with only closing off a small area. If the work was done at night it would minimize the disruption. A change in itinerary to Freeport instead of Nassau could enable them to hoist the slides into place. It could be one port stop or maybe 2 and yes a fair size portion f that end would have to be closed off for safety reasons but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I still think that it makes sense to install them now but the other scenario could work for Oasis as opposed to waiting 4 years until her next dry dock.

Being honest, it's probably dry dock needed, a lot of work would have to go into creating someway for people to access the slides and making sure it's safe, for public and the staffs safety it would probably be easier to do it during a dry dock

Being honest, it's probably dry dock needed, a lot of work would have to go into creating someway for people to access the slides and making sure it's safe, for public and the staffs safety it would probably be easier to do it during a dry dock

I agree that guests need to be isolated from the construction area. All I meant was that there was no need to bring the ship out of the water (or wait 5 years for the next dry dock) to install the slides. I think they could arrange an open day if needed.

Well the timing lines up pretty well with saying they were going to put them on Oasis class. It would just seem odd to not do it now. I can't really see them waiting 5 years to do it, but, I don't make the decisions and there isn't anything obvious on the post dry dock deck plans to suggest they added them. Time to wait and see! Who would've thought there would be this much excitement over water slides!?

Well the timing lines up pretty well with saying they were going to put them on Oasis class. It would just seem odd to not do it now. I can't really see them waiting 5 years to do it, but, I don't make the decisions and there isn't anything obvious on the post dry dock deck plans to suggest they added them. Time to wait and see! Who would've thought there would be this much excitement over water slides!?

Royal will want this sort of thing to be very hidden until the last minute, they won't even leave clues on anything because they know the people on here would work it out. The deck plans uploaded are merely for reference for those booking the new cabins so they know where they are, at least that's my thinking behind it

Royal will want this sort of thing to be very hidden until the last minute, they won't even leave clues on anything because they know the people on here would work it out. The deck plans uploaded are merely for reference for those booking the new cabins so they know where they are, at least that's my thinking behind it

I think there is a clue for the waterslides on the deck plans (an inconclusive clue :)).

If you look at the old Allure deck 18 plan (http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AL/2013-sep/al_deck18_v2013_sep.pdf) it is identical to the current Oasis deck 18 plan (http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2013-sep/oa_deck18_v2013_sep.pdf) i.e. they both look like

oa_deck18_v2013_sep.gif

You would expect the new allure deck 18 plan to also look the same right?

But it actually looks like:

al_deck18_v2015_apr.gif

(http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AL/2015-apr/al_deck18_v2015_apr.pdf)

Why did they change it? I don't know, but compare it to the harmony deck plan:

hm_deck18_v2016_mar.gif

(http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/HM/2016-mar/hm_deck18_v2016_mar.pdf)

I think there is a clue for the waterslides on the deck plans (an inconclusive clue :)).

If you look at the old Allure deck 18 plan (http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AL/2013-sep/al_deck18_v2013_sep.pdf) it is identical to the current Oasis deck 18 plan (http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/OA/2013-sep/oa_deck18_v2013_sep.pdf) i.e. they both look like

oa_deck18_v2013_sep.gif

You would expect the new allure deck 18 plan to also look the same right?

But it actually looks like:

al_deck18_v2015_apr.gif

(http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/AL/2015-apr/al_deck18_v2015_apr.pdf)

Why did they change it? I don't know, but compare it to the harmony deck plan:

hm_deck18_v2016_mar.gif

(http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/decks/HM/2016-mar/hm_deck18_v2016_mar.pdf)

Very interesting.