Allure preparing for dry dock

I just was looking at Allure's web cameras and they have already begun prepping for dry dock and they aren't even out of port. I hope they keep the cameras up and running so we can see some of the

Just off Allure in BCN and preps began long before we even boarded. Upon awakening this am' date=' there were hundreds of workers throughout ship tearing down areas already...[b']Zip line was already removed [/b]as was most of the sports court surface

Wonder why the zip line, for the water slides to go in?

Just off Allure in BCN and preps began long before we even boarded. Upon awakening this am, there were hundreds of workers throughout ship tearing down areas already...Zip line was already removed as was most of the sports court surface

Wonder why the zip line, for the water slides to go in?

Zip lines are aft. The slides will be forward. Most likely removing the zip line so that the crane can hoist materials down to the Boardwalk.

Zip lines are aft. The slides will be forward. Most likely removing the zip line so that the crane can hoist materials down to the Boardwalk.

I think they also replace it and the mounting hardware just for the fact it is five years old in a salt water environment. I did see a socket set on the launching pad for the zip line earlier today, obviously to undo the connectors.

I think they also replace it and the mounting hardware just for the fact it is five years old in a salt water environment. I did see a socket set on the launching pad for the zip line earlier today, obviously to undo the connectors.

That makes sense. Enjoy the flowrider in Europe and hopefully the slides.:)

We just got off the TA in BCN. The work was not really noticeable or intrusive during the sailing to me. Yes, it was going on to a degree, but didn't spoil my cruise. Towards the end though, the work increased in scope and was noticeable, but still not to the point of intruding on a great cruise.

Before we left, there were people on our roll call well in advance of the sailing saying they were cancelling their booking because of the predicted noise and bother of the work getting started. Sorry they missed a great cruise, calm water and a good time.

Allure has arrived at Cadiz and very close to the drydock. I bet tomorrow the web cams will be buzzing with activity, or shut off.

Shhhh the webcams are still on :D

Oh :eek: scaffolding has now appeared at the Aquatheatre this morning. Work continuing at the Flowrider.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=AL&cameraLocation=%2Fcontent%2Fshared_assets%2Fwebcam%2FAL%2FGallery_1.jpg--AquaTheater

Shhhh the webcams are still on :D

Oh :eek: scaffolding has now appeared at the Aquatheatre this morning. Work continuing at the Flowrider.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=AL&cameraLocation=%2Fcontent%2Fshared_assets%2Fwebcam%2FAL%2FGallery_1.jpg--AquaTheater

If you check the Sports Zone/Zip Line cam there also seems to be scaffolding coming up from the Boardwalk to Deck 15

Oh well spotted totally missed them, thank you :D

It's a shame that there isn't a webcam looking where the waterslides should be, we would know by now if she's getting them this dry dock

It's a shame that there isn't a webcam looking where the waterslides should be, we would know by now if she's getting them this dry dock

Oh now that would be extra cool to watch if there was a camera. :D

I wonder if there is anywhere or anything nearby the dry dock that may have a camera that we might get a glimpse of what's going on in the Central Park area etc ?

It's fun to watch these small glimpses of work! Shhh - don't tell that we can see it!

Very true. Pretty cool we can watch a few areas to see what is happening during dry dock.

How long do they have for dry dock?

Oh now that would be extra cool to watch if there was a camera. :D

I wonder if there is anywhere or anything nearby the dry dock that may have a camera that we might get a glimpse of what's going on in the Central Park area etc ?

I have found a few web cameras showing the new bridge they are building that look over the port to a new bridge that they are building in Cadiz. It doesn't show the drydock area. We need Emmy, she always knows where the port web cameras are.:D

Allure was in the dry dock at 2 am (approximately) my time this morning. I couldn't sleep.:rolleyes:

Here is a link to the web camera in Cadiz.

http://camteria.com/en/webcam/view-bridge-webcam-3_cam_4023#lat=36.5241355896&lng=-6.276047229766846&z=17&v=Google&mt=map

Edited by A&L_Ont
Forgot to add the link.

I was disembarking at 7:30 in BCN and took a coffee up to deck 15 around 7am, and at that point they were already ripping up most of deck 16.

I was in a deck 8 interior cabin and had to move mid way through the trip due to work going on in the "empty" space beside me. It was technically supposed to be happening between 10am and 4:30pm (which would have been bad enough), but from about 7:30am through to 1:30am. I'm not sure what they were doing in there - there was a lot of welding, drilling, hammering and electric sawing.

I was disembarking at 7:30 in BCN and took a coffee up to deck 15 around 7am, and at that point they were already ripping up most of deck 16.

I was in a deck 8 interior cabin and had to move mid way through the trip due to work going on in the "empty" space beside me. It was technically supposed to be happening between 10am and 4:30pm (which would have been bad enough), but from about 7:30am through to 1:30am. I'm not sure what they were doing in there - there was a lot of welding, drilling, hammering and electric sawing.

When you say ripping up deck 16, do you mean flooring or the bars etc.?

Would be good to note that this deck might need to be adjusted if they are implementing water slides.

When you say ripping up deck 16, do you mean flooring or the bars etc.?

Would be good to note that this deck might need to be adjusted if they are implementing water slides.

Just the flooring at that time.

I don't think the Royal Promenade is on either. It's been the same pic for 12+ hours.

I notice that this morning too. First I thought they glued that man into place, then I looked at the time on the photo.