Alaska cruise season in full swing!

cruisequeen4ever

Well, I can tell you that it was over 60 yesterday with bright sunshine (we're up to over 17 hours now) here in Anchorage. Today looks to be about the same...

Our legislature is still in session so maybe all their hot air has something to do with it!

Have fun up here!

We're going the end of June. The past two times we've been up there were during the first part of September and the weather has been cool and damp, we haven't been to Alaska in June since our first Alaskan cruise way back in 1990. I hope we have beautiful weather and sunny skies for this trip, but Alaska is beautiful regardless.

8 days to go, but I'm still packing warm clothing. Maybe a pair of shorts but I plan to layer up. I lost my best knitted cap on our last Alaskan cruise. Someone is walking around with a score! I have a new one bought at a thrift store. If I lose it, so what, I'll find another one.:D I'm pretty sure it's being worn in San Francisco some where.

10 of us are boarding the Radiance of the Seas in Seward and ending in Vancouver. I AM EXCITED. I'm packed for cold weather and to this Texas Gal, 60 is cold. :D

Maybe I won't have as many layers except during the Hubbard cruising, but I'm only going to have 1 pr. of shorts and short sleeved shirt to get me by.

Everyone enjoy their trip.

Gloria

First time cruisers here! Getting so excited for our Seward-Vancouver cruise on the Celebrity Millennium! I'm surprising my Parents with this cruise to celebrate a few things one of which is their 48th wedding anniversary later in the summer. All the pieces are falling into place and looking forward to visiting our beautiful 49th State, a place we've always wanted to visit.

We had a glorious week May 1 - 8, with sunny weather the whole way! It was simply gorgeous. We got all the way up into Tracy Arm Fjord and saw Sawyer Glacier even with the icebergs floating in the water - stunning scenery.

DH and I agreed that it's sort of like winning Gold at the Olympics - why would you go back if it was so perfect? Then we just looked at each other and laughed and laughed!!!!.......

:D:D:D:D:D

Only 4 weeks to go til we are on my trip of a life time to Alaska for my birthday!!! Just can't believe how quickly its coming round, am SO SO excited!!!!!

We had a glorious week May 1 - 8, with sunny weather the whole way! It was simply gorgeous. We got all the way up into Tracy Arm Fjord and saw Sawyer Glacier even with the icebergs floating in the water - stunning scenery.

DH and I agreed that it's sort of like winning Gold at the Olympics - why would you go back if it was so perfect? Then we just looked at each other and laughed and laughed!!!!.......

:D:D:D:D:D

You were on the Solstice in Alaska? We leave on the 29th, it's our first cruise and I am soooooo excited. It seems like the weather will be pretty decent for us- we rented a car in all 3 ports, is there anything we must see?