Boston/Bermuda anyone purchase day of sailing?

italia02113

Looking for feedback

Hi - The Boston to Bermuda cruise - has anyone gone down there the day of Sails and purchased last minute tickets??

or called the day before cruising to see if there were really good deals for sailing the next day??

Thank you!!

Looking for feedback

Hi - The Boston to Bermuda cruise - has anyone gone down there the day of Sails and purchased last minute tickets??

or called the day before cruising to see if there were really good deals for sailing the next day??

Thank you!!

I have booked the night before a couple of time's .

Price and availability is listed on the cruise line's web site .

I seem to believe that you had to purchase and confirm 48 hours before sail time because of the cruise lines needing to submit manifests, etc.
There are cruises leaving tomorrow, May 16 (Getaway, Jewel, etc.) that still show up as bookable on the NCL website. I believe they start sending preliminary manifests to CBP (or whatever local authority) a few days before the cruise, but they can make adjustments almost right up until sailaway.

So I imagine that you could book a cruise on the day of departure, but you probably have to do this on the phone with NCL. I don't know if they can sell you a cruise ticket at the departure port.

I have booked the night before a couple of time's .

Price and availability is listed on the cruise line's web site .

Thank you!! - did you book on the phone?? .... what it a Good Deal?? ... Thinking of doing this - in July .. would love to know more -

We have booked several times a day or two before the sailing. Before FDR we were able to get great last minute deals. I don't think that exists now. FDR would rather let the rooms sail empty than cut the price to move the rooms. I think he thinks he will retrain the last minute customers to book earlier and pay more. The best deal we ever got was $400 for a balcony for the 10 day Canada/New England cruise. Last year we paid $299 + $75 of onboard credit for the 7 day New England cruise and got an oceanview room. We booked 2 days before sailing and took the 2nd to the last room on the ship.

I seem to believe that you had to purchase and confirm 48 hours before sail time because of the cruise lines needing to submit manifests, etc.

I'm sure someone can chime in if that has changed.

If you book inside of 48 hrs, (but possibly before 24hrs?) they have your name hand writen onto the manifest they check as you go into the security line.

I told my PCC id come to NY at last minute (I'm a solo). He called on Thursday and I had til 8 pm for a Sunday departure. He said the same thing OP Colin said about submitting manifests. Breakaway solo prices were $550, $750 and $950...

I'm sure someone can chime in if that has changed.

I told my PCC id come to NY at last minute (I'm a solo). He called on Thursday and I had til 8 pm for a Sunday departure. He said the same thing OP Colin said about submitting manifests. Breakaway solo prices were $550, $750 and $950...

Both the PCC and Colin are wrong. While preliminary passenger manifests are submitted 72 hours prior to sailing, the manifest can be modified up one hour prior to departure, although from a practical perspective the cruise line won't let you book that late.

Note what biker@sea has posted. He has booked the night before...so that's less than 24 hours...more than once.

As I'm typing this at about 10:15 pm on Friday, May 15, there's an inside stateroom available for booking on tomorrow afternoon's Getaway departure.

I'm very interested in this, njhorseman since I can get to NYC the next day. So, what should I say to my PCC? Is the price going to be even better than last weekend...$550, $750, $950 on the Breakaway? How can I independently check? Thanks!

One issue we have run into with last minute bookings is that the staff may not know you exist. On the last cruise we were approached by the room steward because no one was on his list for the room we were in. We also didn't get our Latitude benefits until I went to the future cruise consultant because we were not on the Latitudes list. In 2007 I booked the 7 day Bahamas a day before sailing and didn't get the luggage because the staff didn't know where to deliver the luggage. I was unassigned at check in. Once the luggage was delivered to the wrong room because a different couple was listed for our room.

Is that for inside cabin?

I can't do an inside.... has to at least have a window. :cool:

I'm very interested in this, njhorseman since I can get to NYC the next day. So, what should I say to my PCC? Is the price going to be even better than last weekend...$550, $750, $950 on the Breakaway? How can I independently check? Thanks!

I check day and night on this site = http://www.ncl.com/

I was watching a cruise last fall that was for sale @ $599pp inside GTY.

The night before it sailed it suddenly dropped to $299p.p.

I called , booked and sailed in under 12 hr's. .

Note : PCC's do not get advanced notice of price drops coming up .

Edited by biker@sea

We have booked several times a day or two before the sailing. Before FDR we were able to get great last minute deals. I don't think that exists now. FDR would rather let the rooms sail empty than cut the price to move the rooms. I think he thinks he will retrain the last minute customers to book earlier and pay more. The best deal we ever got was $400 for a balcony for the 10 day Canada/New England cruise. Last year we paid $299 + $75 of onboard credit for the 7 day New England cruise and got an oceanview room. We booked 2 days before sailing and took the 2nd to the last room on the ship.

I'm curious about this year too. My best last minute deal was on Getaway last fall. Scored a balcony as a solo for $499 and $80 OBC!!! Booked on a Thursday, sailed that Saturday:D

550 inside, 750 OV with UBP, 950 balcony w UBP.....but $299 the day before? That's what I'm interested in! I prefer a balcony, but if not an interior for sleep purposes. OV gets me nothing...but it did entitle you to UBP...

Love hearing of all the deals and the last minute booking - going to give it a shot - looking for the Boston - to Bermuda cruise.. fingers crossed -

keep the postings coming!!!

Love hearing of all the deals and the last minute booking - going to give it a shot - looking for the Boston - to Bermuda cruise.. fingers crossed -

keep the postings coming!!!

Currently the only one from Boston available in May is the May 29th sailing. The only cabins available are suites at $1899 pp. I think the Boston ones sell out more frequently than the NY ones.