Bringing Foldable Bar-Height Chairs for Balcony

Think how convenient it would be to have your own barstools with you on the cruise. You'd never have to wait for a seat at the bar--just set up your own! And for all the parades, you could just unfold your chair, climb on top, and stand there looking over the heads of the crowd. At my height, this would be a great help.

And you could join the lady who wanted to bring her camp stools and table to the windjammer to ensure they'd always have a seat there when it's crowded. :rolleyes:

OP here. The Camp Stool lady/thread is what made me think and come up with the bar height stool notion. The idea was made in jest. Sort of. The DH says we should instead request/ask that our stateroom attendant find bar height stools and remove the standard ones. And tip handsomely if they're found. :)

By all means bring them! We bring our recliner and sofa from home so we are comfortable in our inside cabin.

When we sail in a balcony cabin we bring extra screens so we can screen off the balcony so it is bug free.

If the kids are with us and we have a family suite we bring their jet skis and Dad's 28 foot boat.:D

OP here. The Camp Stool lady/thread is what made me think and come up with the bar height stool notion. The idea was made in jest. Sort of. The DH says we should instead request/ask that our stateroom attendant find bar height stools and remove the standard ones. And tip handsomely if they're found. :)

We tipped stateroom attendant to get us pads for our lounger

I know exactly what you mean...a big pet peeve of mine also....

We always book a GS, have a nice balcony to enjoy with plenty of chairs, good size table for meals, etc....we spend hours out there.

BUT,,,when seated, the railing is right at eye level....I'm either peeking under the rail, through the not so clear tinted glass, or stretching my neck to see over....

Depending on the type of chairs you have, I once was able to stack 2 chairs, perfect height and was able to put my feet up on the railing to boot!

But I would not want to lug chairs onto the ship...and sitting 6-8" higher is not a safety issue....standing would be more of a risk than that.

Instead of bringing your own hairs, maybe blocks to go under the legs,,,or a seat pad...inflatable, easy to pack...and comfortable. Like a wheelchair cushion.

Edited by B-52

I have a better suggestion that has worked quite well for us on the last few cruises.

We book an aft cabin and bring parachutes so we can parasail off the back. They easily fit in our luggage, has saved us on purchasing expensive excursions and the views are fabulous. 😃

I have a better suggestion that has worked quite well for us on the last few cruises.

We book an aft cabin and bring parachutes so we can parasail off the back. They easily fit in our luggage, has saved us on purchasing expensive excursions and the views are fabulous. 😃

And don't forgot the fishing rods. :)

I know exactly what you mean...a big pet peeve of mine also....

So glad others understand this peeve. All I want is to be comfortably seated next to the DH, have wine in hand and observe a real sunset and not one through dirty, salt-pitted glass/acrylic lens.

Nevertheless, we've decided against the idea of bringing these foldable bar-height chairs. The DH now wants to try putting the sofa on top of two stacked twin mattresses to see if the desired height can be accomplished. :)

Take the chairs….sounds like a good idea.

We never hesitate to take the things that we think will enhance our cruise. For our Back2Back Panama Canal cruises we took a beach umbrella…DuckTaped it to our balcony railing and enjoyed the shade while everyone else sweated in the heat

My exwife(atravel agent) always told her clients "if you want all the comforts of home STAY HOME":cool:

I've got to say all these threads about what people take on holiday with them do make me chuckle, I thought I packed heavy but playstations, coffee machines and furniture are madness!

I go on a cruise because they have all the furniture and amenities there already, anyone would think you people were going camping! :P

Aw, I was planning on bringing an 8 seater dining table for us, because I don't like the height of the tables in the MDR. I was going to suggest that you bring the chairs :P

Or....

You can book an aft cabin which does not have solid railings, it has rungs which you can see through.

(Look at my profile pic.)

Pretty sure that varies by ship. I have seen glass walls as well as solid steel plates

I've got to say all these threads about what people take on holiday with them do make me chuckle, I thought I packed heavy but playstations, coffee machines and furniture are madness!

I go on a cruise because they have all the furniture and amenities there already, anyone would think you people were going camping! :P

Just leave the fire pit at home. :eek:

We will be in the aquatheater suite june 7 out of barcelona and we are bringing our 60" blowup zebra to enjoy the balcony view.

To each his own. Oh, if you see him around the ship his name is Jupy.

Edited by cindivan

"""""Man overboard,,,,Man overboard"""""""Man overboard"""""""

Royal Caribbean announced today that a passenger on ***** of the seas fell overboard at 10pm Saterday. The man was rescued after two hours of searching. He was found holding what appeared to be a bar chair.

At a press conference earlier today Mr Smith stated he was going to sue RCCL for not having high enough railings on the balconies.

My favorite post this month!!! [emoji1]

We will be in the aquatheater suite june 7 out of barcelona and we are bringing our 60" blowup zebra to enjoy the balcony view.

To each his own. Oh, if you see him around the ship his name is Jupy.

Nice, where did you find him?

later

I tried that and it dont work. Too many scratches on the glass.

You will need to bring an angle grinder with a buffing pad and then glass polish. Simply sneak this on board past security along with your smuggled grog. You will need and extension cord.

Buff away all those scratches.

If you are reported to security simply blame the cruiseline for not providing a clear view from your balcony.

Nice, where did you find him?

later

The first Jupy suffered a fatal accident when jumping from a roof into a swimming pool with someone on his back at my MILs. The second Jupy is coming from ebay must in time for our next cruise. My inspiration for him was LMFAO video.... He is way fun.