Room Service has new offerings

BBMacLaird

Our Corporate Executive Chef, Robert van Rijsbergen has updated our room service menus.

My AZ the World Turns blog post today includes photos!

"Room Service, Anyone?"

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for the update. The new menu items look fantastic, especially the seafood club sandwich. Yum !

If you wish, please feel free to email me the new room service menu(s), and I will be happy to post them on a new "Sticky" thread.

Our Corporate Executive Chef, Robert van Rijsbergen has updated our room service menus.

My AZ the World Turns blog post today includes photos!

"Room Service, Anyone?"

Those new dishes look great!

I could go for one of the Mediterranean Platters right now.

Hopefully full room service menus can be provided as Andy suggested.

Having not been on Azamara yet, I'm very curious to see what is included on the room service menu.

This is an excellent addition to Azamara. I don't often order room service, but when I do, it will be on Azamara!

John

That's funny, PSULion.

You're reminding me that there's a new article on Capt Carl on the internet called "Is the world’s most interesting man a cruise ship captain? Perhaps."

If curious, google it :)

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for the update. The new menu items look fantastic, especially the seafood club sandwich. Yum !

If you wish, please feel free to email me the new room service menu(s), and I will be happy to post them on a new "Sticky" thread.

Thank you Andy. Will do!

Hi everyone

I noticed Strongbow Cider is available on the room service menu for a charge, however I couldn't find it or any cider as part of the complimentary beverages or indeed for an extra cost. Can someone please advise if they do have cider and if so what kind and again whether its an additional price.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by Jarronwood

Hi everyone

I noticed Strongbow Cider is available on the room service menu for a charge, however I couldn't find it or any cider as part of the complimentary beverages or indeed for an extra cost. Can someone please advise if they do have cider and if so what kind and again whether its an additional price.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Jarronwood,

Yes the ships do serve Strongbow Cider. But it is NOT part of the complimentary beverage program. It is only available for sale.

Hi Jarronwood,

Yes the ships do serve Strongbow Cider. But it is NOT part of the complimentary beverage program. It is only available for sale.

Thanks Bonnie, he will be very pleased to learn that there is strongbow cider on board albeit at a cost.

• 7 months later...
Hi Jarronwood,

Bonne,

Looking forward to our B2B Caribbean in March and was wondering if Cider is till available albeit at a cost. To my mind (I am obviously a Cider cheerleader) it is beyond me why expensive wines/cocktails are included and this is not.

That said I must admit that on my previous 2 cruises with Azamara I can't remember seeing it for sale but to be honest I only checked the cocktail listing!

Where do they sell it, most other lines have it at the bar on deck is this also the case on Azamara?

While I am at it I felt I would mention the following, to us the main advantage of an all-inclusive cruise regarding the wine at meals is that there is no bottles/cards bills, on the tables or the wife husband routine to drink or not to drink as on many other lines,everyone is served with the Azamara wines and they have always been excellent. Azamara seems to be pushing all sorts of extra packages not ony for wine but also for other drinks, we have always found the range to be very comprehensive and the bartenders could always make whatever we wanted with the included spirits. While Azamara has always been an all-inclusive regarding drinks they are now giving the impression that their "inclusive" is not enough.

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78
Not finished wrong button

Hi cruiseaholic78,

Re. Cider, I've never ordered it but since it's available onboard I imagine you can order it from any venue.

Re. Inclusive, if you're happy with the standard inclusive items then pay no attention to the upgraded spirits packages. These are most suitable for those who have a favorite alcohol or drinks not included on the standard complimentary list and it works out more favorably to buy a package rather than order a la carte.

Final note, we are careful to not claim to be "all" inclusive, simply "inclusive."

When I was perusing the brochure online, I read that when restaurants are open guests can order off the menu for room service. Is this still the case?

Our experience has been that we have always been able to order one glass of wine or beer per guest with a meal when we have asked.

I can't 100% remember whether it was during restaurant hours but think probably not as one time was very late after return from an Azamazing Evening.