Labadee

Is there snorkel equipment available to rent in Labadee? If so, do you know the price of the rental?

Also, which are the best beaches?

No, there is not - and there's really no good snorkeling there either.

Years ago, I brought my own stuff and went off adrenaline beach under the zip line. When I got out far enough, there were some gorgeous reefs - but a life guard on a paddle board turned me around.

No, there is not - and there's really no good snorkeling there either.....

I agree with this. We've even taken a snorkel excursion there are were disappointed. Not much to see and very murky water. Much better snorkeling on Coco Cay.

The equipment is disinfected with bleach...no germ will survive. I've never heard of anyone "coming down" with anything because of snorkel equip.!

Pretty much the same as using utensils at dinner...they've been used by countless others!

Edited by cb at sea

The equipment is disinfected with bleach...no germ will survive. I've never heard of anyone "coming down" with anything because of snorkel equip.!

Pretty much the same as using utensils at dinner...they've been used by countless others!

The care of Snorkel equipment is equivalent to the care of dining utensils? And you know for a fact that the snorkels are disinfected with bleach? You most definitely are on a role today.:rolleyes:

On Labadee right now. All-aboard is in ten minutes. They sell snorkel equipment. We brought our own. Not great but still fun!

Edit to add: Looking at excursion brochure. There is a "Labadee Speedboat and Snorkel" offered for an hour and 30 minutes.

Edited by KelJ

The care of Snorkel equipment is equivalent to the care of dining utensils? And you know for a fact that the snorkels are disinfected with bleach? You most definitely are on a role today.:rolleyes:

Hey, someone has to spread mis-information:D 67,000 posts worth and counting...........:)

Edited by bouhunter

Hey, someone has to spread mis-information:D 67,000 posts worth and counting...........:)

The great and powerful cb has spoken .....pay no attention to the woman behind the chat board!:D;)

The great and powerful cb has spoken .....pay no attention to the woman behind the chat board!:D;)

I just noticed she edited her reply one minute after posting. Might be the first time she's ever returned to a thread after posting!:D:D:D

My husband went length swimming for well over an hour at Labadee. he swims all over the world in prep for the next ironman. he said the water was the cleanest with no diesel/oil it it but it was also the most boring. He saw 1 fish - that was all. Its an artificial beach so the wildlife is not going to be great.

My husband went length swimming for well over an hour at Labadee. he swims all over the world in prep for the next ironman. he said the water was the cleanest with no diesel/oil it it but it was also the most boring. He saw 1 fish - that was all. Its an artificial beach so the wildlife is not going to be great.

Actually there are several beaches. I guess it's possible they've hauled some sand in to some areas, but it wouldn't appear so. I wouldn't call any of the beaches "artificial"........

The Caribbean is full of sandy beaches that some might call "boring" (and many others beautiful) that are perfectly natural and not "artificial":rolleyes:

Actually there are several beaches. I guess it's possible they've hauled some sand in to some areas, but it wouldn't appear so. I wouldn't call any of the beaches "artificial"........

The Caribbean is full of sandy beaches that some might call "boring" (and many others beautiful) that are perfectly natural and not "artificial":rolleyes:

The one we were on- barefoot beach was definitely a man made beach and not natural.

The one we were on- barefoot beach was definitely a man made beach and not natural.

How can you tell it was man-made? I'm not being argumentative; I just would have done a much better job if I created a beach.