Anyone else have trouble with value trips

acook620

Wondering if anyone else has had a delayed response booking the ft Lauderdale Hyatt through the website. I sent in my date request over a week ago and haven't heard anything. I went back and submitted a question about it via their email but still no response. Any suggestions?

I sent for a booking request two weeks ago and after one week I hadn't heard anything either, so I sent an email question asking for an update on my request. It took over a day for a reply from Valuetrips, but their answer came in the wee hours of the next morning. It seems my internet provider rejected their original confirmation notice because of too much spam. Valuetrips did send me the official confirmation copied through Hyatt. Have patience and hopefully yours works out this way too!

• 2 weeks later...

I was considering using this company...but...I usually use Last Minute Travel Club and have always had such great experience with them...so not sure about valuetrips at this point :confused:

Hi Acook620 and Malleycat - I was just wondering if you ever heard back from Value trips?

Any info is appreciated.

thanks

After sending another "friendly" reminder email yesterday where I mentioned that the others I'm travelling with want to use their services as well...but were waiting until I received confirmation, I finally heard back early this morning. I'm going to call and confirm with the hotel today.

After sending another "friendly" reminder email yesterday where I mentioned that the others I'm travelling with want to use their services as well...but were waiting until I received confirmation, I finally heard back early this morning. I'm going to call and confirm with the hotel today.

You should be able to pull up the reservation online on Hyatt Place's website with the confirmation number.

You should be able to pull up the reservation online on Hyatt Place's website with the confirmation number.

The Value Trips confirmation number is different than Hyatt Place's. I called, added it to my Hyatt account and we're all set. I admit, I was nervous with an over 2 week delay to hear back from them, but everything appears to be good.

The Value Trips confirmation number is different than Hyatt Place's. I called, added it to my Hyatt account and we're all set. I admit, I was nervous with an over 2 week delay to hear back from them, but everything appears to be good.

That's weird, my confirmation number is the same.

Edited by dcgrumpy

I booked with Value Trips, last week. I have not received an e-mail that they received my request for 8/29/15. And, I also sent Value Trips an email and still no response. Also, I read the website to ensure my date was not listed as a blackout date, and it was not. Any suggestions????

They seem to be having trouble meeting their own timelines. When I put in my booking request there was a memo that said contact them if I hadn't received confirmation in two days. I waited three and e-mailed them, but so far all I've heard is the sound of silence.:(

I sent my request for a room on Jun 23 also sent 2 emails - but no response yet :confused:- has anyone ever called them?

thanks

I sent my second e-mail this morning.:( I know they have a good reputation and have saved people a lot of money, but I'm very uncomfortable with the silence on their end.

I booked and received my confirmation back in a week. I double checked with the hotel and they have my reservation. A friend booked for the same date....2 weeks later no confirmation. She called the hotel....no reservation :(

She decided to book directly with the hotel.....$50 more....33% more than I paid!

I am also waiting to hear back after sending my request on June 25 (along with a follow up email last week). Since someone mentioned they heard back after two weeks, tomorrow is that deadline! :D Also, if the hotel wasn't available for the night we picked, would we hear back saying it's full or no?

Thanks in advance!

Mary :)

Well it took 2 week and 2 days - but I received my confirmation this morning - good luck to all trying to book - sounds like about 2 weeks is the new norm for Value trips.

thanks

Thanks for the update. I'm still hopeful I'll get something since I'm a few days behind you!