Latest Azura cruise had topless sunbathing

seapals2

We've been cruising with P&O for 8 years now and since our first cruise there's been topless sunbathing allowed on the top deck. It depends which ship you're on but on Oceana this is Sky deck. Sometimes there's a polite reminder in the Horizon to use this location if ladies want to go topless.

Mind you topless saggy boobs are no worse than huge beer bellies, budgie smugglers or XXXL size ladies wearing its-bitsy bikinis and we saw the lot on our recent cruise. Not a pretty sight and we're still recovering :D

Edited by tartanexile81

Oh dear. I am aware there are a lot of moaners on P and O, but obviously a lot of narrow minded prudes too.

Surely this whole thread comes down to respect for your fellow travellers.

It is obvious from this thread that some people do not like seeing that much flesh on show. That does not make them prudes.

A cruise ship has a lot of different people on it..If we all did exactly as we wanted and behaved as we wanted, I am sure we would all start annoying each other no end.

There is a part of the ship where topless is allowed, why can people not go there if they wish to sunbathe topless. Do they have to be round the pool?

I still think they are being really really stupid myself as skin cancer has been linked to sunbathing. Still I am sure they will feel their nearly all over tan was worth it, as they are sat there having chemo etc.

Wow! I don't think a mother feeding her child can be compared to someone sunbathing topless. One is essential for the baby to live the other is a choice to get a better tan. Either way, it wouldn't bother me.

It's interesting that some people have said it's more shocking to older people. I'm 37 and seem to remember topless sunbathing being much more common when I was a child than it is now. I personally would never do it but each to their own.

The only time I've witnessed such behaviour was on Ventura, One elderly chap shouted at a young mother on the next table in the MDR, "Will you PLEASE shut that crying baby up", She whipped out her breast and stuck it in the babies mouth, he went purple and nearly had a heart attack :D

would like to hear others thoughts on the topless sunbathing we encountered on our last cruise on Azura.

Only a handful (no pun intended) but you can bet where there is half a dozen this year it will be the norm next year.

We think it's acceptable on beaches but on a family ship where sunbeds are so tightly packed it's not appropriate.

The Retreat had the expensive boobs on show ... Suppose if you had spent a fortune getting them you would want them on display ..... Thanks ..but ...no thanks. Just embarrassing in our opinion.

Interested to see what others think.

If it bothers you - DON'T LOOK.

Sorry, but nudity is a natural state. We don't live in Victorian times anymore. I am sure the majority of people are more than aware about skin cancer, but that isn't the debate here. Neither are those people wishing to sunbathe are necessarily running amok. They are just the way we were made. Personally, I don't sunbathe at all, but have no objection to those who want to do it topless. Life is too short and there are far more important issues in life to worry about sunbathing topless.

this thread is very interesting. To my mind, a bare pair of boobs is no worse than the other sights you see around the pool. they have all been mentioned above. tiny bikinis with an enormous person inside with flesh hanging out everywhere is far worse :-)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that it is plain ridiculous that a 12 year old child is going to somehow be corrupted by seeing a pair of boobs.

My boobs still look just fine, however, the tummy needs a swimsuit these days, not a bikini. :-)

Is this some sort of cruise line ploy to make the sailaway parties more interesting and boost drink sales. I still wont buy any of the expensive personalised cruise dvds even if you could drag out your holiday film at the family Christmas party ohh Macarena.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

This thread is funny. I find it hard to believe that in 2015 there are so many narrow minded people around. Or do they just all cruise with Pand O?

Post the same question on the other cruise line threads and then duck for cover...... ;)

Loving the quips and sarcasm. I know some people are being serious but there's laughs to be had too.

I got all serious last night too, but reading the posts since has made me laugh out loud ---- great entertainment ;):)

Having thought about it - a few years ago we went to a hotel in Fuerteventura, the nudist capital of the Canaries, and there were designated nudist sections in the hotels and beaches. It worked really well. I can live with that --- everyone can be happy.

Perhaps all the cruise lines need to do is something similar to keep us all happy. :) Now that would be a miracle :D:D

Not sure how this works with smoking and non smoking though ;)

I am also very concerned about this cancer scare and for this reason I shall take an extra bottle of factor 15 with me on my next cruise and if any of these ladies require any applying I will gladly oblige.

Rick.

Presto 2

Being nude on a Spanish beach is not illegal. There are nudist beaches in all the Canary Islands, not just Fuerteventura. Probably the sand dunes in Maspalomas are the most famous. Nude sunbathing is also very popular in each of the Balearic Islands too.

Presto 2

Being nude on a Spanish beach is not illegal. There are nudist beaches in all the Canary Islands, not just Fuerteventura. Probably the sand dunes in Maspalomas are the most famous. Nude sunbathing is also very popular in each of the Balearic Islands too.

Thanks, didn't know that. Have only been to Spain once before and it was Fuerteventura. :)

Ah now wait a minute, we can't have smoking on the nudist deck - surely? :-)

That must be another thread eh ;)

At least we don't have to worry about formal wear for this one .....

:D;)

Did you know that skin cancer occurs less frequently in naturists than in textiles? (people who wear swimming costumes). Fact.

I always get a balcony because I am a naturist. Sometimes I sunbathe topless on the top deck, mostly I sunbathe nude on my balcony...