Latest Azura cruise had topless sunbathing

seapals2

I do remember my husband asking me about some girls boobs that we saw on a beach in France. they were sticking straight up in the air and I had to explain to him that she had implants! LOL

Real white pointers then? LOL. But not the of the species that bite your arms and legs orf.

Edited by NSWP

When did so many people start disliking breasts. 😕 it's the 21st century for goodness sake where free will is allowed. Some people need to realise we are not still in the victorian era, everyone is each to there own and if something bothers you so much just turn a blind eye. No harm is actually being done so what's the big fuss. 😆

When did so many people start disliking breasts. [emoji53] it's the 21st century for goodness sake where free will is allowed. Some people need to realise we are not still in the victorian era, everyone is each to there own and if something bothers you so much just turn a blind eye. No harm is actually being done so what's the big fuss. [emoji38]

So where would you draw the line? Naked in the dining room?

David.

When did so many people start disliking breasts. it's the 21st century for goodness sake where free will is allowed. Some people need to realise we are not still in the victorian era, everyone is each to there own and if something bothers you so much just turn a blind eye. No harm is actually being done so what's the big fuss.

Personally I'm not bothered by topless sunbathing but I really don't see why people can't just accept that there are selected areas to do this.

Hopefully I have misunderstood this post but I do find it to be one of the most selfish posts I have ever read. Perhaps if people showed a bit of respect and consideration to others we might have a better society.

They should have all seen boobs at home surely? They are quite natural.

Not necessarily - families are different - the only boobs I saw as a child were on the TV ---- Barbara Windsor in Carry on Camping. :) Now I am showing my age :D:D:D And they didn't tend to do topless sunbathing in Wales or Devon then when we went on our holidays ;)

Personally I'm not bothered by topless sunbathing but I really don't see why people can't just accept that there are selected areas to do this.

Hopefully I have misunderstood this post but I do find it to be one of the most selfish posts I have ever read. Perhaps if people showed a bit of respect and consideration to others we might have a better society.

Which is what I posted near the beginning of the thread. Respect and consideration.

Those of us who have said we don't really like it round the pool have been called prudes and Victorian in our thinking.

I don't think anyone has posted the reverse of that ,from the other side.

We are told if we don't like ,do not go there . So effectively saying don't go this part of the ship, or that part etc.

I checked on the can we help you page, and it said this

Q. Can I sunbathe topless?

A:Those female passengers wanting to sunbathe topless are asked to utilise the designated area of the ship.

Details of the designated areas will feature in the Horizons newspaper

So I guess if people do complain, then something will appear in the Horizon

paper.

All that is being asked is if you wish to sunbathe topless only do it on your balcony or on the top deck.

As somebody a couple of posts back stated, where do you draw the line. If its ok to lounge around the pool, is it also acceptable to get up wander around, go to the bar, or food station..Will those have to be out of bounds to us as well.??

Some of the posts have been very very funny. Some I feel are slightly personal attacks as we do not all hold the same views.

Agree 100% with your comments "the English lady" but I fear you may feel the wrath of the "...I will do what I want to do, when I want to do it, regardless of the rules..." Brigade, and if you don't agree then you are discriminating against me!!!

This has been a great thread, and for the best part, conducted intelligently and with good humour. As I've said throughout the thread, the actual topic (ie topless sunbathing) is almost immaterial to me, as the main point I have been trying to get across is that we cannot pick and choose what rules we do and don't follow onboard a ship - if we did, where would that leave us? Smoking in the restaurant; under 18s buying alcoholic drinks; not attending muster drills, and of course, men and crew into the lifeboats first.....

As much as we don't like it, we all have to follow rules, some of which we don't like, but they are there for a reason, and that reason is not to discriminate against one thing or another - if they were, then I'm sure it would have been highlighted in higher places than Cruise Critic.

As far as turning a blind, or looking the other way, or ignoring it as it doesn't harm, or don't go to the pool - sorry, why should I, I am not the one breaking the rules. If you don't like or want to stick by the rules of a particular cruise line - then don't sail with them, it's as simple as that. Don't put the onus on those that are happy to follow the rules..

Everyone will have different views as has already been stated, and everyone is entitled to those views - but - the only view that matters is that of P&O and ultimately, the Master of the Ship.

Everyone will have different views as has already been stated, and everyone is entitled to those views - but - the only view that matters is that of P&O and ultimately, the Master of the Ship.

Brilliant - well put

Sadly, society is full of those who seem to think that rules don't apply to them because they have 'rights'. Like all cruise lines P&O just need to enforce their own rules. That is probably another thread on every cruise line forum on CC! ;)

It really isn't just cruise ship rules ... We have indecency laws in place too in this country.

Sunbathing topless on some beaches might be seen as ok .. Sitting sunbathing topless in a park would not be. Sitting sunbathing in a street cafe would not be ok. Topless in communal city pools .. Not ok.

So on a ship .... No beaches .... The answer P&O say it's OK on certain decks ...

However when I started the thread it was because the ladies in question were NOT in designated areas ... Were they being asked to cover up or move ... No

Perhaps it would have taken a passenger to raise the matter with the staff but by and large we are a tolerant lot and I guess just put up with someone not having any regard for others.

At the present point in time it isn't fashionable for ladies to wear a one piece so probably not going to suddenly become more of an issue other than the occasional flaunting. The movements like ... Top freedom ... Seem to appear less and less in the news and legal cases of indecency are few and far between.

Fashion has a way of going full circle ... Perhaps P&O had better prepare for when the monkini makes its return!

It's been a topic of family discussion ... And actually it was our grandkids that thought it ridiculous. They said they would have laughed out loud had someone taken their top off. Not shocked .. Not permanently scarred .... Just couldn't understand why any lady would want to do it. Like I say it's not fashionable at

the minute. We have been through the 60's Bardot era ... Perhaps with the awareness of sun damage to skin it won't return ... Sorry guys!

It's been an interesting thread. Personally it doesn't bother me at all if somebody goes topless. Having said that, although I have seen it on a ship, I think on the top deck, I had no idea there was a designated area as it had never occurred to me to ask. Never seen it mentioned anywhere.

Err, I thought we were talking about sunbathing? Don't do that in the dining room :)

I thought we were talking about women baring their breasts.

Not that I'm bothered either way but these things tend to change as society changes.

Nude on the balcony will become nude on the top deck eventually, mark my word.

David

I had no idea that it was so popular. The only time that I have ever come across it was Oriana some years ago when I bumped into a lady who we had shared the coach with walking about topless on the top deck.:o

Personally I think it should be compulsory but only for ladies between the ages of 18 and 45 and only those of a certain disposition. :)

It should also be confined to the starboard side of the ship with suitable adjustments made to ballast to correct trim. :D

I had no idea that it was so popular. The only time that I have ever come across it was Oriana some years ago when I bumped into a lady who we had shared the coach with walking about topless on the top deck.:o

Personally I think it should be compulsory but only for ladies between the ages of 18 and 45 and only those of a certain disposition. :)

It should also be confined to the starboard side of the ship with suitable adjustments made to ballast to correct trim. :D

LOL - love it!

Thought I would add my contribution to the debate:

I don't find nudity - partial or full offensive in any way.

I don't personally think children being around is an issue.

I think there are too many body-police in evidence - a body is a body, whether it is small and perfectly formed or large and floppy!

I don't however feel any nudity is really right in the confined space of a cruise-ship deck. There will always be some people that are not comfortable around nude or semi-nude people and in such a confined space, I think that needs to be taken account of. On a beach, as someone said earlier, you can walk away if you are uncomfortable with it - that is not very easy on a cruise ship.

Top deck fine, that only means a relatively small area that you need to avoid if you are uncomfortable with it.

I've spent the last hour catching up on this thread and most of the posts have made me smile, although a few have got my back up!

When did sunbathing topless become almost a class thing, depending on how you were brought up? My mother sunbathed topless around me when I was a child and she also taught me how to respect my own body! Not only did she teach me to love myself the way I was made, she also taught me to show respect for other people whatever shape or size they are. She would be ashamed if I posted derogatory comments about other peoples bodies. If you don't like don't look, it's not your business, avert your eyes and enjoy your holiday.

If people are topless sunbathing in designated areas then there is nothing to talk about, P & O allow it so move on. If it's in pool side areas and you feel rules are being broken, by all means report them.

All I have to say on this post is - how can such a trivial matter collect 146 posts, surely there must be more important things one can make comments about ie Cabins, Food, Entertainment etc. Let's get back to real life please.

I've spent the last hour catching up on this thread and most of the posts have made me smile, although a few have got my back up!

When did sunbathing topless become almost a class thing, depending on how you were brought up? My mother sunbathed topless around me when I was a child and she also taught me how to respect my own body! Not only did she teach me to love myself the way I was made, she also taught me to show respect for other people whatever shape or size they are. She would be ashamed if I posted derogatory comments about other peoples bodies. If you don't like don't look, it's not your business, avert your eyes and enjoy your holiday.

If people are topless sunbathing in designated areas then there is nothing to talk about, P & O allow it so move on. If it's in pool side areas and you feel rules are being broken, by all means report them.

Not sure whether the class thing comment is aimed at me as I said the comments about Benefits Street.

For the record I think some people, especially on certain cruise lines, look down on people like me who likes a drink (lager), has got a beer belly and tattoo. As a result I do believe some people do pre judge without knowing you.

Don't get me wrong we have been on about 12 cruises, all with P & O, and have met some lovely people from all backgrounds and never really had any problems but some people do form opinions of you.

I was also brought up to respect others no matter who they are. I believe that I'm no better than anyone else and equally they are no better than me. It has certainly stood me in good stead for nearly 42 years!

All I have to say on this post is - how can such a trivial matter collect 146 posts, surely there must be more important things one can make comments about ie Cabins, Food, Entertainment etc. Let's get back to real life please.

Perhaps you should make much more of a contribution to the Forum than complaining about a topic that does appear to have a lot of interest. Why not start some "interesting threads on those issues"?