Latest Azura cruise had topless sunbathing

seapals2

Why do you associate falling cruise prices with people who are going to sunbath topless and people with beer bellies?

You are obviously saying that it will attract less desirable people and as a result the women will wear very little and the men will drink until they burst.

Maybe you should only cruise with companies like Cunard who genuinely believe they are better than everyone else.

It's a fact of life that cruising is more popular than it's ever been and companies are building more ships with more capacity to fill. Therefore any company is going to make attractive offers to fill a ship rather than it sail with spare capacity especially as the market is so competitive. It's basic business sense and a fine balance between offering value and upsetting the loyal customers who have paid more.P

For the record, I have a 'beer belly' and a tattoo, a football one at that! What gets on my nerves is that I am automatically classed as somebody who should be on benefits street and I'm not good enough to grace the same ship as some on here.

The truth is I'm a respected qualified professional who has worked hard since leaving school at 15 (my birthday is in August). I have never been on the dole and was proud that having been made redundant earlier in the year at short notice that I got a job straight away and never had to claim any benefits.

I am probably a better customer to P & O than most on here too as having 2 young children and restricted holidays I always have to book straight away and can never take advantage of these deals that are offered close to sailing. I also like a drink, hence the beer belly and spend quite a lot on board and often the waiters by the pool know my name, cabin number and drink. I am also polite, courteous and respect others but one thing I hate is people who stereotype you and think they are better than you.

And before anyone asks I do not just sit by the pool all day drinking as with 2 young children you can't do that as they always come first.

I know some people on here were just having a joke but you can tell by some posts that people are genuinely offended by people like me when they do not even know me. However I am safe in the knowledge that I am a better person both inside and out than those that judge me.

Rant over!

Ok ... I have re read my post and can see you have interpreted it in a way I never intended. The lower prices just make cruises competitive with European holidays when people are more likely to sunbathe on beaches .. With or without their tops. My point is that ship sunbathing areas are crowded ... You could put on each other's suntan lotion without moving off your own bed.

Do people judge you by how you look .. I hope not .. Just as I hope people aren't judging me by my opinions. I have a right to them .. Just as you have to yours.

Having done so many cruises it's time for a change ... Not necessarily to another cruise line ... Just a different type of holiday. We have just had force 9 gales for two days .. And Norovirus for the last 5/6 days ... The topless sunbathing was merely a topic thread but it does seem to be on a par with religion and politics.

Oh God, those pics are gross! LOL Bare boobs got nothing on those. Err, the one in yellow is very well endowed or is that a banana in that swimsuit?

A well fed budgie at least, LOL. Hence the word 'Budgie Smugglers.' Our PM Tony Abbott wears red ones when he is on surf club duty on Sydey's northern beaches or doing ye olde triathlons.

I reckon the bloke in the yellow swimmers is just excited, he was on the sun deck and saw one of the 'Headliners' walk past. LOL.

Edited by NSWP

A well fed budgie at least, LOL. Hence the word 'Budgie Smugglers.' Our PM Tony Abbott wears red ones when he is on surf club duty on Sydey's northern beaches or doing ye olde triathlons.

I reckon the bloke in the yellow swimmers is just excited, he was on the sun deck and saw one of the 'Headliners' walk past. LOL.

Or he saw somebody topless. Maybe it's a parrott? Not a budgie.

I don't consider myself to be prudish, but, I can tell you that when on a family cruise or holiday with our children, their partners and our grand children, they would be MORTIFIED if I or anyone in the family group stripped off. It's about feeling comfortable and I think modesty is a good thing.

I don't consider myself to be prudish, but, I can tell you that when on a family cruise or holiday with our children, their partners and our grand children, they would be MORTIFIED if I or anyone in the family group stripped off. It's about feeling comfortable and I think modesty is a good thing.

You are missing the point. Why is it okay for men to go topless but not for women?

Are there two different speed limits, one for men and one for women? There is talk about putting a woman on the ten dollar bill. It will be the first woman on US paper money in a long time.

Unless someone can come up with a good reason why something should be different for men and women, then despite what at least one person on this thread says and thinks, that is a difference based purely on gender. If it was based on the color of the skin, it would be called discrimination. If the only reason is based on gender, then that to is discrimination (despite claims to the contrary).

This thread does fall into the category of "Tipping" and "Dress Code" but beats them by a distance as to the amount of absolute nonsense that has been posted. Clearly people have different opinions and/or standards and no amount of reiterating your opinions will change that.

This thread does fall into the category of "Tipping" and "Dress Code" but beats them by a distance as to the amount of absolute nonsense that has been posted. Clearly people have different opinions and/or standards and no amount of reiterating your opinions will change that.

This is a dress code thread. Just that in this case some people want one code and some people want two codes.

So if you feel comfortable going topless in front of your son in law, your teenage grandsons and their friends and your teenage grand daughters boyfriends, good luck to you. Each to their own, depends how you were brought up I suppose.

Wikipedia

Public toplessness may occasionally be considered acceptable, depending on location and context. Many jurisdictions legally protect women's right to breastfeed in public or exempt breastfeeding from public indecency laws. In many parts of Europe and Australia, as well as at many resort destinations around the world, it has become culturally and often legally acceptable for women to sunbathe topless on beaches. Topless sunbathing may also be permitted in non-beach areas, such as some European parks and lakes, designated areas on some cruise ships, and swimming pools at some hotels.

Comes down to designated area .....

So if you feel comfortable going topless in front of your son in law, your teenage grandsons and their friends and your teenage grand daughters boyfriends, good luck to you. Each to their own, depends how you were brought up I suppose.

Vino, yes I would feel comfortable topless sunbathing in front of anyone. I don't do it these days as I don't want to burn. Absolutely nothing to do with upbringing. Don't think my mother would have done it, but it has been quite normal since at least the 60s!!

Edited by jeanlyon

but it has been quite normal since at least the 60s!!

Ahhh the 60s ----- heaven only knows what else passed for ok then !!! IF anyone can remember

:D:D:D

PS Was only there as a babe in arms so don't remember it for the right reasons :D:)

NB: ONLY JOKING jeanlyon - love to chat with you on CC so wouldn't want to offend you at all :) Have to say though, re the topless stuff around family etc, I don't get it all as it makes me cringe. Shows that we are all different. I actually feel sorry for the cruise lines trying to cater for all of our likes / dislikes !!!!

No offence Presto. We;re all different, but still can't see what it has to do with family. You would cringe, but if kids saw it they would just take it in their stride, depending on what they had been told. They should have all seen boobs at home surely? They are quite natural.