MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

The portholes are part of the S2 suites (9002 and 9003). The Grand Suite (9001) does have 2 balcony doors: one from the living area and one from the bedroom.

Some pics of your cabin/balcony would be appreciated if nothing good shows up before you cruise. I have one of the S2s in April and would be really interested. Also, I'd appreciate your experience on how usable the balcony is when the ship is moving at speed.

In that photo I do see some kind of porthole-like opening in the front corners where the **002 and **003 suites are. It will be interesting to see what's actually there if anything.

I’m mainly wondering about side balcony of 002 and 003, will they be one or two sliding doors ’wide’ ? If only one then upper floors 13 and 14 will have minimal opening. However if only one, how can they fit 1 bed 1 livingroom in that thin area? Regarding porthole, maybe it will be bedroom window? (We have 13002 for Feb 10)

I’m mainly wondering about side balcony of 002 and 003, will they be one or two sliding doors ’wide’ ? If only one then upper floors 13 and 14 will have minimal opening. However if only one, how can they fit 1 bed 1 livingroom in that thin area? Regarding porthole, maybe it will be bedroom window? (We have 13002 for Feb 10)

I don't think any of the side GS have two sliding doors. And that is why I think the balcony measurements MSC gave for the 002 and 003 are not accurate. With the dividers now also added in the very front of the balcony, one will have less usuable space on their balcony.

I don't think any of the side GS have two sliding doors. And that is why I think the balcony measurements MSC gave for the 002 and 003 are not accurate. With the dividers now also added in the very front of the balcony, one will have less usuable space on their balcony.

I’m inclined to agree with you regarding the balcony measurements, as late as August MSC wrote us ”Your stateroom also includes a spacious balcony area where you can unwind and relax and take in some of the best ocean views on the ship.” Hmmmm!

Perhaps we’ll be positivly surprised with Spunky1968’s theory about a porthole balcony ;p

Some pics of your cabin/balcony would be appreciated if nothing good shows up before you cruise. I have one of the S2s in April and would be really interested. Also, I'd appreciate your experience on how usable the balcony is when the ship is moving at speed.

Absolutely, but hopefully someone will be in one of those cabins on an earlier cruise (although I guess I'm on the 5th sailing out of Miami).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

So it looks like I made the right decision switching to the front corner Fantastica suite when it became available last month for my January cruise. Do you think the porthole in the front belongs to the corner cabin or the suite in the middle? Also does the middle suite have two balcony entrances? It appears that the balcony entrance for the corner suite is on the side. Would also mean lessened wind concerns when opening the door.

I had been wondering why there weren't any good shots of the front of the ship.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

You definitely chose the right Fantastica Suite. As Mike also notes the Portholes do go with 9002 and 9003. By now they have probably also installed the balcony dividers for those front facing suites on deck 9.

Looking at the cabins above yours on deck 10, the corner suites do not appear to have a porthole in the front.

You definitely chose the right Fantastica Suite. As Mike also notes the Portholes do go with 9002 and 9003. By now they have probably also installed the balcony dividers for those front facing suites on deck 9.

Looking at the cabins above yours on deck 10, the corner suites do not appear to have a porthole in the front.

There are port holes above 10. If you look at any pic and zoom in you can see them on the corners

The Deck 9 Fantastica cabins also have Front port holes, the two outer cabins above are Inside wellness cabins, those outer cabins from 12 up do have a Port hole window, and quite some time back I mentioned that there could be a balcony behind it.

Having checked out some of my photos of the Front and side ones there may well be a Balcony there.

The Deck 9 Fantastica cabins also have Front port holes, the two outer cabins above are Inside wellness cabins, those outer cabins from 12 up do have a Port hole window, and quite some time back I mentioned that there could be a balcony behind it.

Having checked out some of my photos of the Front and side ones there may well be a Balcony there.

:hearteyes::):D;)

Agree!!

TC ... I have a photo somewhere that shows them all, will see if I can find it for you.

Thanks Sid. I found it odd when I took a closer look at some of the photos I saved included the two above that deck 10 and 14 were missing Portholes.

Isn't it strange that as of today there is not a single real photo of any of the corner GS cabins. Not from any TA, Journalist, Passenger, MSC or Cruise Critic Editor?

Thanks Sid. I found it odd when I took a closer look at some of the photos I saved included the two above that deck 10 and 14 were missing Portholes.

Isn't it strange that as of today there is not a single real photo of any of the corner GS cabins. Not from any TA, Journalist, Passenger, MSC or Cruise Critic Editor?

Very strange

There isn't one of any standard YC interior suite either. You're not alone.

TC ... Checked out the photos including a close up one of the first one you added in post no above, as you say there are no portholes on 14, there are none on 10 due to those being Wellness insides, although on a close up side view of the Front the area outside could have been used as an extended balcony by the cabin next door.

On Deck 11 you can clearly see the same gap on the other side of the white divider which appears to be dead space if its not a balcony of some sort.

25353650_10214561382773128_4273606927427716003_n.jpg?oh=b44662fd7dda120c98ff2393f832c884&oe=5AB916F2

TC ... Checked out the photos including a close up one of the first one you added in post no above, as you say there are no portholes on 14, there are none on 10 due to those being Wellness insides, although on a close up side view of the Front the area outside could have been used as an extended balcony by the cabin next door.

On Deck 11 you can clearly see the same gap on the other side of the white divider which appears to be dead space if its not a balcony of some sort.

25353650_10214561382773128_4273606927427716003_n.jpg?oh=b44662fd7dda120c98ff2393f832c884&oe=5AB916F2

Sid - Thanks for the note and closeup photo. Looking at some of the earlier photos I thought some of the corner balconies would be large (at least close to the measurements MSC gave). Then I saw new photos with balcony dividers added to the very front of each GS balcony. It would be a shame if that is just dead space after describing these as "Exclusive Grande Suites".

Looks like cruisedecks.com has updated their website:

- Double bed that can convert to two singles

- Air conditioning

- Large wardrobe

- Bath with tub

- Interactive TV

- Phone

- Mini bar

- Safe

- The center GS suites have more square footage in both cabin and balcony, but vary in size.

- NOTE: CORNER GRAND SUITES ARE 1 BEDROOM

- Corner Grand Suites have small side balcony and porthole window overlooking bow of ship

Looks like cruisedecks.com has updated their website:

- Double bed that can convert to two singles

- Air conditioning

- Large wardrobe

- Bath with tub

- Interactive TV

- Phone

- Mini bar

- Safe

- The center GS suites have more square footage in both cabin and balcony, but vary in size.

- NOTE: CORNER GRAND SUITES ARE 1 BEDROOM

- Corner Grand Suites have small side balcony and porthole window overlooking bow of ship

Spunky - Thanks for the update. The last one I didn't expect to see for any Grand Suite, "small side balcony".

A bit more info on the Front cabins from cruisedeckplans.com not sure how accurate it is.

Important Size Information

Forward Grand Suites located in the middle are longer with a second bath with toilet and shower and a second bedroom with two twins that can be joined as double. There will also be a glass enclosed porch on the deck to protect against wind while ship is moving forward.

These suites vary in size but average reported size is 398 square feet with 200 square foot balcony area. Cabins 11001 and 14001 are the smallest. Cabins 10001 and 13001 are largest and sleep 5. Suites 14002 and 14003 accommodate only 2 guests.