MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Interesting , indeed. The brochure mentions on page 2 that there are 4 main restaurants, and 5 specialty restaurants. Is it possible they are counting the 2 separate buffets as 2 separate restaurants out of the 4? Then that really leaves only 2 main restarants?? Just curious...:confused::confused:

The full list of restaurants is:

Seashore Restaurant (922 seats) deck 5

Ipanema Restaurant (806 seats) deck 6

Bistro - La Bohéme (130 seats) deck 8

Marketplace Buffet 20-hour(1,000 seats) deck 8

Ocean Cay (36 seats) deck 16

Butcher’s Cut (72 seats) deck 16

Biscayne Bay Buffet & Pizzeria(450 seats) deck 16

Asian Market Kitchen by Roy Yamaguchi deck 16, includes:

Pan-Asian (37 seats)

Sushi Bar (46 seats)

Teppanyaki (32 seats)

So if I understand the deck plans, MSC has taken a major departure from other ships (at least the ones I've been on) and moved the main buffet to one of the lower decks. But there is still a smaller buffet on the upper pool decks. Seems like this is a good idea to disperse people throughout the ship all day long - relieving congestion on the pool decks. I wonder what the smaller buffet will serve.

One of the buffets is supposed to “family friendly” AKA for kids. I think it was Biscayne Bay & Pizza one if I’m not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just watched the French video and could only see large tables in the Yacht Club dining room. Do they generally have tables for two as well?

Thanks

Yes, there are always plenty of 2-tops in YC. Like Speciality restaurants, you don't get seated with strangers and YC is mainly booked by couples.

I think every single cabin has by now been displayed with pictures and videos except for xx002 and xx003! Why? What’s wrong with them?

(We have 13002 for Feb 10)

I'm in 13002 in June. I really just want to confirm that it's true 1 bedroom. Don't really care about much else.

I think every single cabin has by now been displayed with pictures and videos except for xx002 and xx003! Why? What’s wrong with them?

(We have 13002 for Feb 10)

True. I'm in 9002 on the Feb 10 sailing and I'm very curious to know what that cabin and balcony are like. I'm under the impression that it should be a fairly large cabin but the layout is a complete mystery.

As I have noted before, this will be my first MSC cruise so I'm not an expert with MSC ships. That being said, from the photos I have seen of other MSC ships already in service, the cabins and furnishings look much better than what I am seeing thus far for Seaside. I saw a flyer someone posted a while back that said something like "14 Exclusive Grand Suites".

Three key words there, Exclusive, Grand and Suite. From the video I saw of a center GS, the first two words are absent IMO (yes we all have different taste). Also although I am not in a YC, I expected to see very plush cabins and furnishings that would make me regret picking an Aurea GS. The YC Royal Suite is very nice but the others shown thus far are just ok.

Is MSC Seaside the first MSC ship built in Italy? If so is this partly why she is so different in her cabin decor and so on? Thoughts?

Also although I am not in a YC, I expected to see very plush cabins and furnishings that would make me regret picking an Aurea GS. The YC Royal Suite is very nice but the others shown thus far are just ok.

Is MSC Seaside the first MSC ship built in Italy? If so is this partly why she is so different in her cabin decor and so on? Thoughts?

Regarding YC - this is what I was expecting. The beds are plush, the cabins are larger (not huge but enough to make a difference), the balcony slightly larger than standard balcony, the bathrooms are larger (and marble), and the closet is larger. Nothing is spectacularly different about the cabin. But there is enough of a difference especially when enhanced by prosecco and strawberries, a mini bar, and a butler. When you add that you are steps away from the Top Sail Lounge on One Pool/Bar - these become extensions of the living area. So it's not the furnishings as much as the experience.

Regarding YC - this is what I was expecting. The beds are plush, the cabins are larger (not huge but enough to make a difference), the balcony slightly larger than standard balcony, the bathrooms are larger (and marble), and the closet is larger. Nothing is spectacularly different about the cabin. But there is enough of a difference especially when enhanced by prosecco and strawberries, a mini bar, and a butler. When you add that you are steps away from the Top Sail Lounge on One Pool/Bar - these become extensions of the living area. So it's not the furnishings as much as the experience.
I agree completely. It is mostly about the experience. I would rather be in a smaller inside YC room than a bigger balcony room elsewhere on the ship.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

You absolutely nailed it! It's all about the experience!!! :D

You're onboard now Sunshine? I've been curious about the YC wardrobes. All of the videos focus on the bathroom and don't skip right over the wardrobe. I was wondering how big it is. I liked the walk in closet on Divina and thinking the wardrobe will be small...

You're onboard now Sunshine? I've been curious about the YC wardrobes. All of the videos focus on the bathroom and don't skip right over the wardrobe. I was wondering how big it is. I liked the walk in closet on Divina and thinking the wardrobe will be small...

Not big at all.

I agree that much of the YC experience is the private facilities, dining, service, etc., however if to use an example of one of my first inside cabins, I really don't understand why they can't do better? Example, the Celebrity Century's cheapest inside cabins below, notice how large & deluxe they are. Nice bathrooms too:

021-ccentury9043bathroom.jpg

51-9a-9b-10-11-12-int.jpg

Great 1 hour plus video from Matthias Morr. Still in German but great material. If you do not follow Matthias on facebook start if you like newbuilds.

Thanks for the link (copy & paste works).

I just spotted Leonardo, the Sommelier, in the YC restaurant. Delighted to see he's OK. The m'D on Magnifica in October told us he'd been taken ill on Meraviglia. He looks very well in the video - even better than when we saw him in June last.

I really don't like the way the restaurant overlooks the Top Sail Lounge. It reminds me an airport terminal!

Thanks for sharing that video. I’ve just finished skimming through parts and it’s great.

It did get me thinking though about an earlier post (which I can’t now find) where someone asked about seating in the Yacht Club restaurant. They noticed that all pics and videos seem to only show large shared tables and I’ve noticed the same thing.

I’m hoping there are plenty of smaller tables that aren’t being caught on film, as we prefer to eat just as a family. I know that that this is not a problem on other ships, but it would be great to get some confirmation that there is a sufficient number of smaller tables on Seaside.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing that video. I’ve just finished skimming through parts and it’s great.

It did get me thinking though about an earlier post (which I can’t now find) where someone asked about seating in the Yacht Club restaurant. They noticed that all pics and videos seem to only show large shared tables and I’ve noticed the same thing.

I’m hoping there are plenty of smaller tables that aren’t being caught on film, as we prefer to eat just as a family. I know that that this is not a problem on other ships, but it would be great to get some confirmation that there is a sufficient number of smaller tables on Seaside.

Thanks.

At least on the deck plan schematic, they have lots of 4 and 2 seat tables but mostly to the sides near the windows. Larger tables more in the center.

I agree with Bea, wonder if the Top Sail lounge will be cozy and intimate with the 2 story space.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app