MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I have no problem with bold colors or design choices but the burgundy/purple carpets are not a good design choice in my opinion. As others have already mentioned it is very 80s in nature. A lot of newer hotels and commercial designs are using neutral tones in a bold manner by using patterns and color accents which is what these staterooms need.

Neutral tone with accents sounds like a majority of residential real estate. I don't have any problem with the room as it is shown, though it's possible that the accents (if any) are not in place as of yet. We'll see soon!

Excellent video here with some great footage of public spaces -

3joA852zGnA

Also, at 3:13 do I spy a YC interior suite? I can't work out what else it could be...?

Unlikely to be a YC interior suite. The video depicts two sets of sofa facing each other. The only cabin wide enough other than the Royal Suite (which we know this is not) are the Grand Suites. My guess is this is a 1 bedroom grand suite.

Unlikely to be a YC interior suite. The video depicts two sets of sofa facing each other. The only cabin wide enough other than the Royal Suite (which we know this is not) are the Grand Suites. My guess is this is a 1 bedroom grand suite.

My reasoning for them being YC interior is both the YC colour scheme and the lighting of the room, which doesn't seem to suggest any external windows.

EDIT: Actually, I think it is the RS - see the attached snapshot of the floorplan, there is just an additional sofa.

Untitled.jpg.8e6743dad3e2301d9459584f6e9e2375.jpg

Edited by JPMoore

My reasoning for them being YC interior is both the YC colour scheme and the lighting of the room, which doesn't seem to suggest any external windows.

EDIT: Actually, I think it is the RS - see the attached snapshot of the floorplan, there is just an additional sofa.

Captain Scala previously posted a video of the RS on his Instagram, and it has a L shaped sofa layout which is much nicer.

Captain Scala previously posted a video of the RS on his Instagram, and it has a L shaped sofa layout which is much nicer.

Yes, I've had another look and you're right. I can't think what it could be then, as it isn't one of the 1 or 2 bed suites. Brown/cream/grey colour scheme clearly indicates YC... :confused:

Surely it's the other of the two RS? The layout is the reverse of the one Captain Scala showed.

Edited by JPMoore

Now I know why MSC never posted their rooms. They are aweful. Wow. I can't believe what I see.

I'm sure there are many people who will think the cabins are lovely. If something is not to your taste does not make it awful. And I believe MSC kept a wrap on photos because they wanted to showcase the finished products - not partially complete spaces.

Yes, I've had another look and you're right. I can't think what it could be then, as it isn't one of the 1 or 2 bed suites. Brown/cream/grey colour scheme clearly indicates YC... :confused:

Surely it's the other of the two RS? The layout is the reverse of the one Captain Scala showed.

The one posted by Scala (16037) had a sofa and a love-seat positioned in a "L" shape. The one he posted had the love-seat under the window that overlooks the Jacuzzi (the curtain was closed). I was thinking that the one in the youtube video is the starboard side Royal Suite with the sofa and love-seat facing each other but there is no curtain.

I'm sure there are many people who will think the cabins are lovely. If something is not to your taste does not make it awful. And I believe MSC kept a wrap on photos because they wanted to showcase the finished products - not partially complete spaces.

The quoted poster may be right, I am beginning to feel cheated with my YC Interior Suite, based on a Russian video of the larger YC Handicap Interior Suite!

I am one of those who thinks the cabins look just fine. This is an Italian cruiseline afterall, and deep, rich colors are their M.O. I'm not all that crazy about all the chrome and glass, but it certainly won't spoil my upcoming cruise! I think the ship is gorgeous!

So if I understand the deck plans, MSC has taken a major departure from other ships (at least the ones I've been on) and moved the main buffet to one of the lower decks. But there is still a smaller buffet on the upper pool decks. Seems like this is a good idea to disperse people throughout the ship all day long - relieving congestion on the pool decks. I wonder what the smaller buffet will serve.

So if I understand the deck plans, MSC has taken a major departure from other ships (at least the ones I've been on) and moved the main buffet to one of the lower decks. But there is still a smaller buffet on the upper pool decks. Seems like this is a good idea to disperse people throughout the ship all day long - relieving congestion on the pool decks. I wonder what the smaller buffet will serve.

Interesting , indeed. The brochure mentions on page 2 that there are 4 main restaurants, and 5 specialty restaurants. Is it possible they are counting the 2 separate buffets as 2 separate restaurants out of the 4? Then that really leaves only 2 main restarants?? Just curious...:confused::confused:

Excerpt from page 2:

"From our 4 main restaurants

and 5 specialty restaurants to

our kids-only restaurant, enjoy

outstanding cuisine from

renowned chefs such as the

culinary pioneer Roy Yamaguchi.

Also, with flexible dining, you

can choose a preferred dining

time; whenever you like."