MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

It is probably because of all the anticipation, hype and discussion but I'm a little disappointed with the aft suite as seen so far. I was expecting something a little more exciting and special. I don't have one booked though so it won't change my enjoyment of the cruise.

It is probably because of all the anticipation, hype and discussion but I'm a little disappointed with the aft suite as seen so far. I was expecting something a little more exciting and special. I don't have one booked though so it won't change my enjoyment of the cruise.

We do have one booked and to be honest, the pics are a tad underwhelming. But I am positive that in person it will be a better experience. The window in addition to the balcony door and the view are not expressed well in construction photos.

Keep in mind cruise lines like to label everything a "suite" these days. Instant higher yield even if it's not truly a suite. This looks pretty much like a standard cabin with a long hallway and extra windows. I think what you are paying for is the aft view and extra large balcony. If you're good with that than no worries, but if you were expecting a true suite you might be disappointed.

Honestly based on the size of the cabin on the deck plan, this is exactly what I expected. Even on the deck plan the size doesn't look much larger than a standard cabin. The long hallway to enter may equate to more square footage, but it's just wasted space really.

Remember also that cell/mobile phone cameras do not always show the depth of field, there are no furnishings or curtains in the room which will no doubt make it look better now that it will be completed.

The layout is about a third wider than the balcony cabins when you look at the space from the end of the bed to the window, the bathroom door is not in the main cabin either taking up space when opened. The entrance hallway is just an addition for shape of the ship.

When you see the wardrobe space of a standard cabin it is tiny in comparison.

Remember also that cell/mobile phone cameras do not always show the depth of field, there are no furnishings or curtains in the room which will no doubt make it look better now that it will be completed.

The layout is about a third wider than the balcony cabins when you look at the space from the end of the bed to the window, the bathroom door is not in the main cabin either taking up space when opened. The entrance hallway is just an addition for shape of the ship.

When you see the wardrobe space of a standard cabin it is tiny in comparison.

If I haven't expressed yet, just want to say thanks for all your posts!

JP ... Thanks for posting ... :)

TC ... Seen a couple of pics of the 2 x 2 GS but only the bathrooms and a partial view of the bedroom with 3 beds in.

Sid - Thanks very much for the update of the 2x2 GS. At this point any and all photos are great to see even if not your cabin. Like Spunky notes, I am also interested in the One Bedroom GSs 002 and 003. Hopefully soon.

And to echo what other members have said, many many thanks for all the photo updates and sharing of information along the way. You and a few others here have kept this thread interesting and informative.

For people new to MSC like myself, thanks to you, Bea, TWO, eroller, MIkesa1721 (who started this thread) and many of the CC members for sharing your insights about MSC.

Absolutely. It will be interesting to see the finished product. I think it's a good reason why cruise lines are pretty protective about not photographing unfinished areas. It can lead to disappointment, and in some cases not warranted as the finished product can look totally different.

Keep in mind cruise lines like to label everything a "suite" these days. Instant higher yield even if it's not truly a suite.

That's not right to call something a suite when it is not. People have had suites booked for 2 years, only to find out that they paid for something the will not get. In many instances, they are not able to rebook their intended stateroom, or are relegated to a lesser stateroom. It used to be that if you booked early, you had best choice of the staterooms. In this case, we have to sift through leftovers.

"That's not right to call something a suite when it is not. People have had suites booked for 2 years, only to find out that they paid for something the will not get. In many instances, they are not able to rebook their intended stateroom, or are relegated to a lesser stateroom. It used to be that if you booked early, you had best choice of the staterooms. In this case, we have to sift through leftovers."

SD ... The Suite we had twice on the Ruby Princess L106 consisted of Two rooms but no connecting door just a walk through opening plus a Bathroom, others I have heard of have a Curtain that breaks up the room.

The MSC version it appears for some of theirs is in name only.

As Ernie says call it a Suite and charge more for it.