MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

looking at a recent video of the Theatre on Seaside it looks a lot smaller than those on the Fantasia class ships ... :o

Yeah .............. on Meraviglia they had 3 showtimes on some nights - just like they do on Sinfonia. It was reported on one of the Meraviglia threads that people who didn't book were being refused entry to the theatre. It looks like MSC is reducing the space allocated on their new ships for the main theatres to accommodate other venues. Makes sense - the theatres on the Fantasia class are rarely full.

I will also need to know when I can book specialty dining and shows (if I need to book prior to boarding). If I need to change times/dates, I guess then I ask concierge.

Currently, MSC enables guests to book specialty dining in advance, but you cannot schedule the date/time until boarding. In addition, Black Card members do not book their complimentary specialty dining in advance - they merely wait until they are on the ship to schedule theirr reservation(s). Each Black Card member is entitled to one complimentary specialty restaurant dinner, and is also entitled to bring a guest. If you and your Mother are Black Card, you can take each other as your guest (essentially yielding two dinners for each), or you may bring someone else.

One other important thing to remember is that when you pre-book something on MSC, you almost always save money as compared to booking while onboard the ship. As it relates to food and beverages, the price quoted online generally includes free gratuities. If you were to book the same item or package while on the ship, you would likely have gratuities added to the price. In some instances, some of the items offered online (ie: Coffee package / MSC Divina) are not available to purchase onboard the ship.

Edited by SDLong329

Currently, MSC enables guests to book specialty dining in advance, but you cannot schedule the date/time until boarding. In addition, Black Card members do not book their complimentary specialty dining in advance - they merely wait until they are on the ship to schedule theirr reservation(s). Each Black Card member is entitled to one complimentary specialty restaurant dinner, and is also entitled to bring a guest. If you and your Mother are Black Card, you can take each other as your guest (essentially yielding two dinners for each), or you may bring someone else.

Thank you so much!

Yes, we are both Black card, so we can get two specialty dinners, that is great. Thank you.

Are the Black card dinners only for certain restaurants? What is the signature restaurant on MSC? Is there a steakhouse? I will book above with concierge in YC, is that correct?

Also, for the other specialty restaurants, I would prebook on line but not book date/time? Seems so redundant to have to get on the ship and then still book a date and time when I could have done it online. I would also do this with concierge too, is that also correct?

They did away with the cards when Voyagers Club came into being, Dave. Your current cruisecard is your membership card, now. Your membership expires 3 years from the date of disembarkation. So, when you sail on Seaside, that will replace your current card and a new expiry date will then come into effect.

Bea ... I knew about the 3 year thing which I think is ridiculous especially when people have actually taken the cruises in order to get to a given level especially Black.

To have it taken away having worked hard to get it shows no Loyalty on behalf of MSC.

Sorry, TC, I was copying JC's post when answering - I've just realised as a result of your question that Seaside won't have Cirque du Soleil shows onboard which are the only shows that can be pre-booked so I shouldn't have referenced shows in the answer! :o

The shows in the theatre are never pre-bookable and I'd say the same will apply to Seaside. However, you may have to book when onboard if the theatre is small as you do on Meraviglia (and the Lirica class ships) as it doesn't have the capacity to hold the numbers should everyone not dining choose to attend.

Bea - Thanks for the feedback. For some reason I thought I saw or read that there would be a Cirque du Soleili show. May be what I saw was a generalization and not specific to Seaside. I am surprised though that the ship they are promoting as the new US based Flagship will not have Cirque du Soleil shows. Being new to MSC I was looking forward to it. Well, perhaps there is something else really good in stock for us to see.

Thanks again.

Thanks Bea .... :D

Odd that they no longer send you your Card via the post according to the Voyagers Club ... :confused:

They reckon you get them from the info point onboard the ship now.

Sid - Excuse my ignorance about some things MSC but, how did you get the Card? Was it an online thing after you did your checkin or what? Thanks

Bea - Thanks for the feedback. For some reason I thought I saw or read that there would be a Cirque du Soleili show. May be what I saw was a generalization and not specific to Seaside. I am surprised though that the ship they are promoting as the new US based Flagship will not have Cirque du Soleil shows. Being new to MSC I was looking forward to it. Well, perhaps there is something else really good in stock for us to see.

Thanks again.

You're welcome!

Yeah ........... I made the same mistake in thinking that Cirque was going to be on Seaside, too. However, the venue for Cirque is at the aft on Meraviglia (with the main theatre at the front). Seaside is totally different at the aft (as I'm sure you know).

Hope your overall MSC experience will be a great one! As a regular with them, I'm (almost) immune to the negative aspects. :rolleyes: I've also developed a cockiness when things aren't quite right and will make a complaint about it - though never in a rude way.

Dave ............... it's something I always take into account when things don't quite go right - the crew and staff are so limited and have virtually no wiggle-room when addressing any issues.

Bea ... I knew about the 3 year thing which I think is ridiculous especially when people have actually taken the cruises in order to get to a given level especially Black.

To have it taken away having worked hard to get it shows no Loyalty on behalf of MSC.

I read that the 3 years starts from which ever is your current cruise. In other words, if you have a year left of the 3, and then you sail on MSC again, then the 3 years starts over.

Yes :D

I got my Black card by "status matching" with my Royal Caribbean Diamond status. This can be done on their website. Very nice that they do this!

I didn't get my card until I boarded and then it was also our cabin key.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much!

Yes, we are both Black card, so we can get two specialty dinners, that is great. Thank you.

Are the Black card dinners only for certain restaurants? What is the signature restaurant on MSC? Is there a steakhouse? I will book above with concierge in YC, is that correct?

Also, for the other specialty restaurants, I would prebook on line but not book date/time? Seems so redundant to have to get on the ship and then still book a date and time when I could have done it online. I would also do this with concierge too, is that also correct?

Don't worry about booking before getting on board. The concierge can make any reservations you need for the specialty restaurants. That way you can plan on which nights would work best for not dining in Le Muse There is a steakhouse, Italian, Galaxy and pizzeria. Enjoy your cruise.

You're welcome!

Yeah ........... I made the same mistake in thinking that Cirque was going to be on Seaside, too. However, the venue for Cirque is at the aft on Meraviglia (with the main theatre at the front). Seaside is totally different at the aft (as I'm sure you know).

Hope your overall MSC experience will be a great one! As a regular with them, I'm (almost) immune to the negative aspects. :rolleyes: I've also developed a cockiness when things aren't quite right and will make a complaint about it - though never in a rude way.

Bea - Thanks again. Maybe that round thing on deck 18 aft will be for some outdoor show or something :)

The deck plans make it look so much bigger than 280 soft for the aft suites....they look almost twice the size of a regular balcony. Definitely bigger by far than the YC suite. Any confirmation of size? I'm deciding today which to get and today's the deadline...YC suite or Aft Suite. Sorry if it has already been mentioned. I've tried to keep up but this is a monster size thread! Lol

Thanks for the update. When my booking listed 22mq, I was hoping that wasn't including the bathroom. And it looks like it wasn't. I'm waiting patiently for MSC to release the pics.