MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

I'm not actually expecting anything more than a bigger cabin and balcony vs. a normal balcony cabin. What "suite amenities" will I get?

I could be wrong but other than what Fantasticsa offers I do not think you will get anything else!

This is from the UK website.

fantastica_20170130.png Fantastica Experience

Designed for even greater comfort and flexibility

Our “Fantastica” Experience offers all the benefits of the “Bella” Experience plus a range of extra privileges:

• Cabins on the upper decks and in the most desirable areas of the ship
  • More dining flexibility. You can switch your preferred dinnertime after booking or after boarding.
  • Room service 24 hours a day
  • Connecting SuperFamily Cabins
  • Dedicated educational and recreational activities for children such as Doremi Chef cookery courses with MSC Cruises staff

In my brochure (US version), the S3's are classified under the Aurea experience, which includes:

- all inclusive unlimited drinks

- My Choice dining in a reserved area of the restaurant

- Priority boarding

- Spa package (including Thermal Area access)

- Welcome set of wellbeing products in your stateroom

- Access to the private solarium

These are the amenities I was referring to.

Don't you think they should wait until a little closer to the cruise before deciding?

Was just wondering because they have made the change on Divina until St Maarten can be rebuilt, sadly is suffered a lot of destruction and I'm not sure it will be rebuilt by December when Seaside is scheduled to visit.

In my brochure (US version), the S3's are classified under the Aurea experience, which includes:

- all inclusive unlimited drinks

- My Choice dining in a reserved area of the restaurant

- Priority boarding

- Spa package (including Thermal Area access)

- Welcome set of wellbeing products in your stateroom

- Access to the private solarium

These are the amenities I was referring to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Is that really true for all lines? Celebrity Edge cabins aren't smaller than earlier ships. Maybe some lines are doing this for inside cabins but I can't see them skimping on balcony cabins.

Disney Cruise Line's balcony staterooms on the Disney Dream (2011) and Disney Fantasy (2012) were smaller than the Disney Magic (1998) and Disney Wonder (1999). The Dream and Fantasy are approximately 40% larger than the Magic and Wonder. While I can't speak for any cruise line, I can see cruise lines enhancing or increasing public space - where they typically generate most of their revenue.

I saw on the Facebook page they are moving the Divina stop from St Maarten to Antigua any thoughts of they will do the same to Seaside?

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Based on a USA Today cruise article until officials on St. Maarten, St. John, Tortola, etc. make announcements they are ready for passengers again and cruise lines visit these islands to ensure they are acceptable most cruise lines will be making itinerary changes 30-60 days out max so we won't know about Seaside for sometime yet.

Also, with so many ports out of commission for the first time cruise lines are having to work together to determine where and when everyone can go as not all ports can handle multiples of ships per day and not all ports can handle all sizes of ships.

Then the fact that there are currently three storms in the Atlantic with one expected to make landfall on the exact same islands this week everything is up for changes.

Is that really true for all lines? Celebrity Edge cabins aren't smaller than earlier ships. Maybe some lines are doing this for inside cabins but I can't see them skimping on balcony cabins.

The Divina balcony cabins are 191 sq ft for the most part and the Seaside 178 sq ft.

Based on a USA Today cruise article until officials on St. Maarten, St. John, Tortola, etc. make announcements they are ready for passengers again and cruise lines visit these islands to ensure they are acceptable most cruise lines will be making itinerary changes 30-60 days out max so we won't know about Seaside for sometime yet.

Also, with so many ports out of commission for the first time cruise lines are having to work together to determine where and when everyone can go as not all ports can handle multiples of ships per day and not all ports can handle all sizes of ships.

Then the fact that there are currently three storms in the Atlantic with one expected to make landfall on the exact same islands this week everything is up for changes.

-

If this helps, spoke with our cruise consultant at MSC yesterday (we are booked on Seaside sailing 6 January 2018) she stated that St Maarten will be changed to Antigua due to damage suffered which will take longer to accommodate cruise ships again.

Nice to know that a cruise consultant knows what is happening before MSC have even made a decision! I would say it is a guess based on what they have heard.

Antigua would be a good substitute for us having been to St Maarten and the fact that it was not on the original itinerary but was replaced instead of St Thomas which I believe is equally as bad damage wise.

-

If this helps, spoke with our cruise consultant at MSC yesterday (we are booked on Seaside sailing 6 January 2018) she stated that St Maarten will be changed to Antigua due to damage suffered which will take longer to accommodate cruise ships again.

I personally don't believe much from the consultants these days. 99% is speculation as no two people working for MSC can tell you the same thing about anything ;)

Antigua would be great but not even sure their port can handle the size of Seaside or do I think MSC has the pull to take slots away from RC, Carnival and Disney if there becomes a get in line approach to who gets what ports on what days. Those three have been supporting the Islands much longer and have a stronger "attachment" with the other lines.

Antigua would be great but not even sure their port can handle the size of Seaside or do I think MSC has the pull to take slots away from RC, Carnival and Disney if there becomes a get in line approach to who gets what ports on what days. Those three have been supporting the Islands much longer and have a stronger "attachment" with the other lines.

Kelly, not sure I agree with this statement. Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (MSC) is the world's second-largest shipping line. Therefore, their subsidiary MSC Cruises gets preferential deals because of the 40+ years of import/export in the islands. Take a look at the prime berthing spots MSC gets in Ocho Rios and Cozumel for example. But because this isn't related to the original thread, I'll stop here. ;p

I do wholeheartedly agree on not believing cruise consultants. Gave up on them when one had no clue what a dry dock was. :rolleyes:

Bret

Nice to know that a cruise consultant knows what is happening before MSC have even made a decision! I would say it is a guess based on what they have heard.

Antigua would be a good substitute for us having been to St Maarten and the fact that it was not on the original itinerary but was replaced instead of St Thomas which I believe is equally as bad damage wise.

Sid & Linda,

On September 16th, MSC posted information about the Antigua / St. Maarten swap on their MSC CRUISES Facebook page. The post specifically references MSC Divina (not the Seaside), and indicates the swap will continue until further notice. There is a link in the Facebook post which takes you to the information as posted on MSC's website.

MSC Divina departed from PortMiami tonight at 7 PM ET to pursue a Western Caribbean cruise calling at Montego Bay (Jamaica), Georgetown (Cayman Islands), Costa Maya (Mexico) and Nassau (Bahamas). Beginning Saturday, September 23, MSC Divina will resume her planned cruises, alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries. The only change to the Caribbean itineraries is that the scheduled call to Philipsburg (St. Maarten) will be replaced with Antigua for Eastern Caribbean cruises until the island of St. Maarten recovers from Hurricane Irma’s passage. This change will take place until further notice. Our hearts go out to all the islands affected by the hurricane and we hope for a quick recovery. More information can be found at https://goo.gl/ZJdBPv

Edited by SDLong329

Steve ... I posted that same info last week on another thread ... ;p

Having seen some of the news reel re St Maarten I doubt anyone tourist wise will be heading there this side of Christmas or to St Thomas, also depending on how many more spring up and their direction it may be that more islands will be hit.

I have Seaside YC booked for February 2019 but had Haven on NCL Escape booked for this upcoming February. I have been stalking the MSC website multiple times a day for an opening in YC for February 24 and FINALLY today came across two cabins that became available as well as an inside YC, which must have been released last night or this morning (I looked at 8:30 am when I got into work).

I snagged my February 24 YC balcony cabin on Deck 16 and asked my TA to cancel my NCL Escape Haven (just sailed on same ship in July). While I love the Haven, I look forward to trying something new. I'm Platinum on NCL, three days away from Diamond on RCCL and a few DCL and CCL cruises thrown in. I'm hoping MSC is a new line on our list.

I'm sailing without my dh and college kids and it will just be my mom and me, who is a cruise snob so I'm hoping the YC is at least on par with NCL Haven. I have gone through this entire thread and very thankful for all the postings, speculation, pictures and facts (at least the ones we can find from MSC).

I haven't been on here too much knowing my cruise was next year (and having two in between) but so happy I can be part of this thread and waiting in anticipation with you all regarding the next few months with Seaside. Cannot wait to sail!

Have you done the status match, JS?

Yes, Bea, thank you so much! I found out about the status match on the MSC threads and received

5% off my booking. So happy!

I wish I could see/read more about the YC experience, but I guess everyone is waiting to hear something LOL

I guess I should look on the Divina threads regarding YC. Would that be what you would suggest?

I will also need to know when I can book specialty dining and shows (if I need to book prior to boarding). If I need to change times/dates, I guess then I ask concierge.

Thanks so much!

I think that YC experiences onboard Divina are close enough to what to expect on Seaside as it's a US based ship. My YC experiences only extend to Med cruises - so far.

As far as pre-booking dining/shows, etc. my (humble) suggestion would be to wait 'til the first reviews come in and see how others have fared. There'll still be time enough to prebook, should you decide to do so, with maybe a little more insight gleaned from others' experience. The concierge will arrange everything you need, anyway.

I have Seaside YC booked for February 2019 but had Haven on NCL Escape booked for this upcoming February. I have been stalking the MSC website multiple times a day for an opening in YC for February 24 and FINALLY today came across two cabins that became available as well as an inside YC, which must have been released last night or this morning (I looked at 8:30 am when I got into work).

I snagged my February 24 YC balcony cabin on Deck 16 and asked my TA to cancel my NCL Escape Haven (just sailed on same ship in July). While I love the Haven, I look forward to trying something new. I'm Platinum on NCL, three days away from Diamond on RCCL and a few DCL and CCL cruises thrown in. I'm hoping MSC is a new line on our list.

I'm sailing without my dh and college kids and it will just be my mom and me, who is a cruise snob so I'm hoping the YC is at least on par with NCL Haven. I have gone through this entire thread and very thankful for all the postings, speculation, pictures and facts (at least the ones we can find from MSC).

I haven't been on here too much knowing my cruise was next year (and having two in between) but so happy I can be part of this thread and waiting in anticipation with you all regarding the next few months with Seaside. Cannot wait to sail!

I love the Haven on NCL that being said MSC does not have to travel far to have a better pool than the Haven pools on NCL! :')

I think that YC experiences onboard Divina are close enough to what to expect on Seaside as it's a US based ship. My YC experiences only extend to Med cruises - so far.

As far as pre-booking dining/shows, etc. my (humble) suggestion would be to wait 'til the first reviews come in and see how others have fared. There'll still be time enough to prebook, should you decide to do so, with maybe a little more insight gleaned from others' experience. The concierge will arrange everything you need, anyway.

Bea - Are the shows for Seaside listed on the MSC website and bookable yet? When I look under my Reservation I see a few things listed but nothing for Entertainment unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Many thanks.

Bea - Are the shows for Seaside listed on the MSC website and bookable yet? When I look under my Reservation I see a few things listed but nothing for Entertainment unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Many thanks.

Sorry, TC, I was copying JC's post when answering - I've just realised as a result of your question that Seaside won't have Cirque du Soleil shows onboard which are the only shows that can be pre-booked so I shouldn't have referenced shows in the answer! :o

The shows in the theatre are never pre-bookable and I'd say the same will apply to Seaside. However, you may have to book when onboard if the theatre is small as you do on Meraviglia (and the Lirica class ships) as it doesn't have the capacity to hold the numbers should everyone not dining choose to attend.