Buying booze onboard

Looking at going on our first cruise with royal, do they sell bottles of liquor that you can order ahead of time and get delivered to the cabin? Also do they sell wine packages? I understand they now have a drink package - what is the cost of that per day?

The wine packages they offer do allow you to take the bottle of wine you had opened at dinner out with you back to your stateroom.

The Premium Package was what we just had on our Independence trip a couple of weeks ago .. it worked GREAT.

Its $45 per person per day and covered all the good call brands we like .. plus wines by the glass, beers, etc. Highly recommended.

The wine packages they offer do allow you to take the bottle of wine you had opened at dinner out with you back to your stateroom.

The Premium Package was what we just had on our Independence trip a couple of weeks ago .. it worked GREAT.

Its $45 per person per day and covered all the good call brands we like .. plus wines by the glass, beers, etc. Highly recommended.

The premium package is $49.00+18%=$57.82 per day

Looking at going on our first cruise with royal, do they sell bottles of liquor that you can order ahead of time and get delivered to the cabin? Also do they sell wine packages? I understand they now have a drink package - what is the cost of that per day?

no to liquor. wine can be bought by the bottle and they will cork any leftovers for you or hold it in the DR

there are a few different packages to choose from

I did my first one back in October and when I got to the port there was a duty free shop in the terminal. I was told that I could buy 2 bottles of wine and bring it on board to my cabin. I could open and drink when ever no problem. Not sure if the same goes for hard liquor but I think there is a FAQ on royals page that gives details. If not I am sure they can tell you in the terminal store. I know is only 2 but its better than nothing

I was told that I could buy 2 bottles of wine and bring it on board to my cabin... Not sure if the same goes for hard liquor...

Absolutely not, sorry. No hard liquor is permitted to be brought onboard for immediate consumption. If you buy a bottle of alcohol in port, they will hold it until the last evening or sometimes even the last morning.

If you buy liquor in the duty free shop how do you get it at the end of the cruise- do they deliver it or do you have to pick it up and does that occur the last night or the last morning.

This can vary by ship. The last time we did this, we had to pick up our purchase on the last night of the cruise.

I'm pretty sure that is actually incorrect. The 18% is already included in the $49/day.

No, unfortunately, Royal changed that a while back, and some old documentation still exists that says tips are included.

The $49 per day does not include tips. Royal will add 18% to that.

If you buy liquor in the duty free shop how do you get it at the end of the cruise- do they deliver it or do you have to pick it up and does that occur the last night or the last morning.

As Bob said, it varies by ship. As we found out, it also varies by cruise length and time of year. On short 3-night week-end cruises, we've always had to pick it up outside of the liquor store on the last morning. On cruises with a heavy college spring break crowd, the same thing. We've been on Brilliance over NYE (5-night) and they delivered it to our room on the last evening. Onboard the same ship/same itinerary 3 months later (March is the peak of college spring break), we had to pick it up on the last morning.