Poolside Cabana in Grand Turk...

redflag216

Has anyone had experience with this shore excursion? I am looking at booking it through Carnival's website, and reviews are generally positive, but I do have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. The details of the excursion explain that you are provided with private waiter service from margaritaville, but is the cost of food and drink included or is it extra?

Again, if anyone has had experience with this excursion, please feel free to comment! :)

We just returned from Grand Turk, and honestly I don't see the benefit of a cabana there. We booked a cabana at Half Moon Cay, and it was great, also included float rentals, snorkel rentals, bottled water, canned soft drink, fresh fruit, fresh veggies, chips and salsa. It was well worth the price and provided shade if needed. At Grand Turk we just found chairs poolside and basically stayed in the water most of the day. You can also find chairs near the beach area also. No one really bothers your belongings and it was nice just relaxing by the pool. However this was just our observation and realized it wouldn't benefit our family to ever rent one.

I think we would only benefit from it due to the fact that we are bringing my mother along on our cruise and it would be a nice place for her to sit (and stay out of the sun) for a portion of our time there. She doesn't usually get off the ship while in ports, so this was my way of enticing her lol. We have already booked a beach villa at HMC, and we have talked her into coming along with us. I think what sold her is the fact that there is a private washroom in the villa :)

I think we would only benefit from it due to the fact that we are bringing my mother along on our cruise and it would be a nice place for her to sit (and stay out of the sun) for a portion of our time there. She doesn't usually get off the ship while in ports, so this was my way of enticing her lol. We have already booked a beach villa at HMC, and we have talked her into coming along with us. I think what sold her is the fact that there is a private washroom in the villa :)

We had a cabana last time we were there. It was great! You have a place to store your things, and has air condition in the cabana. If your Mom is like me the heat can get to you and that would help your Mom if she gets to hot.

If there is more than one ship there it can get very crowded. You might not find a place for her to sit in the shade or anywhere.

For the price book it now!!!!

I had a not so great experience with my poolside cabana. Here is the review of it that I wrote:

"When we got to Margaritaville, we were the first ones to claim a cabana! I asked the people at the gift shop desk and they led us to the right person to get the key to the cabana. We chose #10 because it was closest to the beach. The cabana had A/C, wicker furniture with cushions and a call button for our server. It also had two deck chairs on the little front porch. Jenny and Lance hit the beach and DH and I ordered waters, a soda and some onion rings.

DH, Jenny and I then went shopping and I bought a magnet. When we got back to the cabana, the two deck chairs on our front porch were gone! Someone stole them! I was livid!

We asked someone if they could do something about it, but nothing was ever done. Jason and I used the pool for a little bit.

A little after 1 p.m., we were all starving so we pushed the call button. And waited. And waited. And waited. And pushed the button again. We waited almost 25 minutes and our server never came. By this time, I was starving and Lance wasn't feeling 100% so we decided to go back to the ship for good. We stayed from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. After the chairs being stolen, slow service and a much bigger crowd than when we first got there, I don't think I will ever get a cabana there again. It was good while we had it, but it just wasn't for us."

That being said, it might work out for you. And the food is not included in the cabana price.

We had a cabana when we went to Grand Turk and I personally think it's a waste of money.

The service is super slow, but so is the service if you have a table at Margaritaville. I've actually never had worse service than when I was at Margaritaville. However, the slow service is much easier to take if sitting in a comfortable cabana that is air conditioned.

Our cabana was mostly used as a very expensive walk-in locker for our personal items. Truth be told, it wouldn't have been a huge deal to carry my beach bag with me as I shopped, walked along the beautiful beach, and while relaxing in the pool. We could've all worked together to keep an eye on two beach bags and it would have been a lot cheaper.

Still, it was nice to have the option of going to a private place to relax for a few minutes. I think your mom would love it.

We had one there in January on our Liberty cruise. For our group of 4, it was just a nice place to store our stuff while we were in the pool or shopping. The A/C was nice for cooling down after walking around. We never did order any food or drinks, too expensive. If I had my mom with me, this would be a great option. You can leave the front doors open, and sit in the shade and people watch.

We had one in September last week. It was great for my family. We were able to lock up our valuables and all swim together. After getting hot, it was great to relax in the air conditioning. I also cannot stay in the sun for a long time (fair skin and allergic to sunscreen), so for me it was perfect to stay out of the sun and keep cool. We had no issues with service at all. It is definitely a personal preference as to whether you'd get your money worth or not. If you can't take heat for long periods, or prefer to relax in private, then it's worth it to you. If you just want to sit at the beach or pool, and wouldn't go in the AC, then it's probably not worth it to you. Only you can decide if it's right for you.

So excited, we have reserved one for the end of August.

How did you reserve this? Is this through Carnival? We will be in Grand Turk and I don't even see this listed on our excursions page. I pulled it up just to look at details and pricing and it wasn't there. I don't think I would do it since it's just my husband and I, unless I could get someone from our Roll Call to go in on it with us, but just curious where you found this.

How did you reserve this? Is this through Carnival? We will be in Grand Turk and I don't even see this listed on our excursions page. I pulled it up just to look at details and pricing and it wasn't there. I don't think I would do it since it's just my husband and I, unless I could get someone from our Roll Call to go in on it with us, but just curious where you found this.

It is under shore excursions, however it seems like they are sold out for your cruise if you didn't see it listed. keep checking though.

I agree with previous posts - it really isn't worth it. We had a cabana on one of our stops in Grand Turk. It was nice having a place to leave our "stuff," but most of our time was spent in the pool, shopping or just walking down the beach.

Definitely worth it for us since DH is nether a pool nor beach person. He can hang out in the A/C and read, watch a movie, whatever while DD and I hit the pool or beach and it is nice to be able to have that area to cool off and have a drink or snack in the shade.

We did this two years ago and loved every single minute of it. It was great to have your own private place to get out of the heat and eat or just lounge on the shaded porch and relax. The server we had was just wonderful-attentive and friendly. She was so grateful for a tip that she hugged us when we left. We enjoyed the food, it's not cheap, but not too over the top either. My DH says the next time we go, we are definitely doing that again.

I booked through Carnival and somehow was charged triple the price-there was some kind of mixup when I booked it. But customer service reimbursed me no problem. It ended up being about $40 per person, definitely worth it.

• 1 month later...

Yes, three of us had the party pass and it worked in the cabana.

As to the cabana, for five of us, it worked well. But when we return in January, there will be only two of us so we are skipping the cabana. Unless you need to be out of the sun, not much point in getting one.

Can we use the party pass with the cabana service?

As to the cabana, for five of us, it worked well. But when we return in January, there will be only two of us so we are skipping the cabana. Unless you need to be out of the sun, not much point in getting one.

What is a party pass?

When are the Cabanas usually available for booking on Carnival's website? I'm sailing with my boyfriend on the Sunshine in December 2016 and would love to try one!! :D At the moment, there are only 6 excursions listed under Grand Turk for our sailing (which is 486 days away :( ) and the cabanas aren't one of them. I love Grand Turk and Margaritaville and think having one of these would make it even better!! :D It'd be great to be able to sit in the AC for awhile (without going back to the ship) after hanging out in the pool and on the beach.

Also, how much do they cost and is the price per person or per cabana?

What's a party pass and where do you get one (and how much)? Sounds awesome!! :D

Edited by Avril

When are the Cabanas usually available for booking on Carnival's website? I'm sailing with my boyfriend on the Sunshine in December 2016 and would love to try one!! :D At the moment, there are only 6 excursions listed under Grand Turk for our sailing (which is 486 days away :( ) and the cabanas aren't one of them.

We are just under 185 days and only 3 excursions for the entire 7 nights, all for GT and no cabanas... not sure what is going on.

We're on this cruise to, Bob, I'm thinking they just haven't opened up the excursions yet. I hope to get a cabana also.

We are a year out from our sailing (July 2016) and cabana for Grand Turk were listed at the beginning of July. They might already be gone for your cruise if they are no longer listed. We booked one about a month ago.