Problem changing dinning times

MickCruiser

We are cruising in Mar '16. Having a few issues with our booking via our TA. Went with TA since she is family (e.g. she gets commission), it costs me no more $$ and insurance is not due until final payment.

But I have been asking about a price drop (booked ES) but was told that since we booked under the 50% deposit we are not eligible for price matches. To get the price match, they said we would have to pay the other half of the deposit or rebook. I sorta get it but why even offer the ES rate. Anywho...

After asking about the price drop and being told no...I got an email from my TA indicating that my rate went up $100. What the...? I am dealing with my TA on that. :mad:

But it seems our dining option was changed from ATD to early. We want the ATD but when I log into my booking and try to change the dining option (says ATD is available) I get an error message that says Category Not Found. I can change our bedding options.

Anyone else have this issue? Am I blocked from changing it b/c I have a TA? But I am able to change the bedding. :confused:

We are cruising in Mar '16. Having a few issues with our booking via our TA. Went with TA since she is family (e.g. she gets commission), it costs me no more $$ and insurance is not due until final payment.

But I have been asking about a price drop (booked ES) but was told that since we booked under the 50% deposit we are not eligible for price matches. To get the price match, they said we would have to pay the other half of the deposit or rebook. I sorta get it but why even offer the ES rate. Anywho...

After asking about the price drop and being told no...I got an email from my TA indicating that my rate went up $100. What the...? I am dealing with my TA on that. :mad:

But it seems our dining option was changed from ATD to early. We want the ATD but when I log into my booking and try to change the dining option (says ATD is available) I get an error message that says Category Not Found. I can change our bedding options.

Anyone else have this issue? Am I blocked from changing it b/c I have a TA? But I am able to change the bedding. :confused:

It appears you have the worlds worst TA.

You are eligible for price drops under ES. You dont have to pay the balance until 75 days before the cruise. She is either clueless or lazy.

TA has to change your dining option back to ATD.

She owns the booking so you are powerless.

You are eligible for price drops under ES. You dont have to pay the balance until 75 days before the cruise. She is either clueless or lazy.

Hmmm...she is family so I won't go that far. [emoji2]

Was told that we'd have to pay the 50% deposit we didn't pay due to the recent 50% deposit sale. You are saying we should get the price match even tho we booked under the 50% deposit sale? I've seen folks post they had ES price matches denied by CCL since they booked under a recent $50 deposit sale.

I sorta get the TA owns the booking. But I can change the bedding....why can I do that but not the dinning?

Yes....I will clean up with my TA. Just wondering.

- JPO

We booked early saver using PVP and had 50% reduced deposit. PVP told us up front in order to get any of the price drops we would have to pay the other 50% deposit first then they can do price match...He was very clear about that as they can only do one promo at a time and the 50% reduced deposit is a promo. When our price dropped, we went ahead and paid the balance of the deposit which released the promo and we were able to get the price reduction and obc promotion.

The information about having to pay the other half of the deposit is correct. In order to get a price drop it would be after that is paid.

There should not be a reason though for your cruise to go UP in price! There is something wrong with that!

Your dining time should not have changed but your TA will have to change that for you formally. You cannot just put that in on the web site!

Thanks all. I thought that was the case with the 50% deposit and ES.

I'm not paying $100 more. We have two cabins and it's not cruise/fuel related b/c it only applies to one of our two bookings/cabins.

Was told that we'd have to pay the 50% deposit we didn't pay due to the recent 50% deposit sale. You are saying we should get the price match even tho we booked under the 50% deposit sale? I've seen folks post they had ES price matches denied by CCL since they booked under a recent $50 deposit sale.

I sorta get the TA owns the booking. But I can change the bedding....why can I do that but not the dinning?

- JPO

Sorry I missed the part where you only paid half the normal deposit. She is right about that. My bad

Have been booking early saver for 9 years with 50% deposit on quite a few cruises. Always received price reductions before final payment. After final payment you receive OBC for reductions. Once you have paid your 50% deposit you are locked in on that price, no changes. Unless something has changed, which I have not seen, your PVP needs a refresher course. Personel preference, we book our cruises directly with Carnival. Never had a problem, always very helpfull and friendly.

Carnival will literally not even talk to you if you are booked through a TA, they will ONLY deal with the TA. It is the #1 reason I no longer use a TA. :(

Perhaps the TA was trying to convey that if he booked the same cruise, same category, today that the price had increased, not gone down, not that he had to pay more. His price is locked in with the deposit paid.

Perhaps the TA was trying to convey that if he booked the same cruise, same category, today that the price had increased, not gone down, not that he had to pay more. His price is locked in with the deposit paid.

I hope so. I will find out when TA returns from Euro cruise. :-)

- JPO

- JPO

To get the price drops you will have to pay the rest of the deposit, but you are indeed entitled to the price drop. Sooner or later you have to pay the rest of the deposit. So the question becomes: is the drop worth having to go ahead and pay deposit or skip the price drop. I have paid the rest of the deposit to get a $50 on each of our cabins. There was a $10 one early on that I just left on the table rather than forking over the rest of the deposit. BE sure you check your booking if you have applied for a price drop - you may see that there is a requirement there for the rest of the deposit by a certain date or your booking will be cancelled. Your TA my be unaware of that if she doesn't check regularly.

- JPO

We booked ES with a PVP and were told the same thing about the price break. .. we had to pay the full deposit to take advantage.

Also - when you book with a TA - Carnival will NOT deal with you about anything concerning your cruise - no matter how minor it sounds.

Wow, you got a real dud of a TA who clearly doesnt know what they are doing, They control your booking and are clearly exercising that control by modifying your booking (changing dining time, fare going UP) yet knowing little about the actual rules governing your ES and reduced deposit booking rate.

Time to have a stern chat because 100% of your issues are their fault. You are now powerless to "fire" them (doesn't sound like you would anyway since they are family).

Edited by StolidCruiser

Wow, you got a real dud of a TA who clearly doesnt know what they are doing, They control your booking and are clearly exercising that control by modifying your booking (changing dining time, fare going UP) yet knowing little about the actual rules governing your ES and reduced deposit booking rate.

Time to have a stern chat because 100% of your issues are their fault. You are now powerless to "fire" them (doesn't sound like you would anyway since they are family).

Before we bash the TA or shake his confidence in her... The info about the price drop requiring full deposit is correct. She did know the rules. On one of our cruises, the dining time suddenly changed on one of our cabins. We booked through Carnival. I called and they fixed it, but this isn't necessarily caused by the TA. She should be able to get that fixed upon her return. As for the $100, this may very well have been a misunderstanding. The OP can ask her more questions about this when she returns.

Hi all. Just following up. Dining times have been changed and my TA did have to do and it was quick and painless once I called in.

When I did that I rec'd a new set of receipts and it seems like our price did drop $20 per cabin. [emoji12]. Not sure how it happened with our use of the 50% deposit sale...but if it ain't broke I ain't fixin' it.

But at least we have the YTD again and it didn't cost me $100. [emoji2]

Following up with my TA family member when she gets back next week in the whole price adjustment thing.

Now back to your regularly scheduled entertainment. :-)

- JPO

Edited by MickCruiser

Hi all. Just following up. Dining times have been changed and my TA did have to do and it was quick and painless once I called in.

When I did that I rec'd a new set of receipts and it seems like our price did drop $20 per cabin. [emoji12]. Not sure how it happened with our use of the 50% deposit sale...but if it ain't broke I ain't fixin' it.

Following up with my TA family member when she gets back next week in the whole price adjustment thing.

- JPO

Thanks for the update.

Make sure your deposit didn't change to full deposit. Sometimes happens.

Sorry, what I answered has already been said.

Edited by Sparky2

- JPO

Unless that price drop was also under a half price fare, full deposits will now be due. If you do not pay them, your cruise could be cancelled in about 24 hours.

You had better make sure it ain't broke.