Offer for free cruise in the mail, is it a scam?

BigB0882

We have never sailed Norwegian but I have put some information of ours in their system when doing mock bookings. Today my husband got a letter in the mail that had what looked like real hand writing on the outside but upon closer inspection it is not. The return address is actually a persons name with a location in Florida.

The letter inside says we "have been identified to receive a fabulous 7 night cruise for 2 adults aboard Norwegian Cruise Line." Then it gives a number to call and says we must take advantage within so many days. There is also an offer for free airfare and hotel if you call within 72 hours.

It says something about Travel Service Center being responsible for bookings and how although they do the reservation they are not affiliated with the company that sent the promotion. Mmmkay. I noticed on the back in fine print it says you must attend a 90 minute presentation of some sorts to receive the offer.

It reminds me of those timeshare things where you can get a free stay at a timeshare if you go to their sales pitch.

Is this legit at all or is it a total scam? I am not against a 90 minute sales pitch for a free cruise. I am very good at telling people no. lol

Anyone else receive this? Is it worth pursuing? I don't even want to try the number without checking it out first. A quick google search hasn't brought up anything but I have yet to look more closely.

I got a phone call yesterday and a recording said we have won a free 7 day cruise on NCL. I hung up. We HAVE a cruise booked for the fall and it was NOT free, no such thing as a free lunch, or cruise.

Of course you could also be cruise friendly by transferring forwarding this onto

your state's Attorney General Office for review for fraud and or misrepresentation.

Of interest is how did your name get selected for this fabulous prize ?

If in an advertised publication aka magazine call/write the editor and voice

your concern about these ads.

AND what I like to do best is to call their 800 number and when they answer

with their answering machine just put the conversation on HOLD or if a real

person answers make the introduction and then pause to take a boiling pot

of water off the fire or other excuse and NEVER COME BACK !

These offerings after listening/participating in the spiel offer basement rate

accommodations at less than 1 star hotels meals at a greasy spoon restaurant

the cruise accommodations will no doubt be inside cabins just under the

smoke stack above the engine room with the dishwashing galley across the

passageway - Get the drift/message !

I am not user friendly with tele-marketing calls - robo-calls - unsolicitated

ads etc. and if they waste my time I am more than willing to waste theirs !

My tune changes if these freebies come from a bona fida source such as AAA

or a source with a known reputation a travel agency with an honest brick and

mortar office.

All the cavet's are on the table - select and use wisely !

Try this and see if your phone system will work with it. For us (Verizon FiOS) it works like a champ, just wonderful. https://www.nomorobo.com/ Click on "Get Started" to see which carriers are covered.

Edited by pspercy

Try this and see if your phone system will work with it. For us (Verizon FiOS) it works like a champ, just wonderful. https://www.nomorobo.com/ Click on "Get Started" to see which carriers are covered.

Wish they had something like this for my cell phone. Now, all of a sudden, I'm getting 'those type of calls' on my cell! I just keep blocking them.

Harriet

Wish they had something like this for my cell phone. Now, all of a sudden, I'm getting 'those type of calls' on my cell! I just keep blocking them.

Harriet

If you are on one of those hourly/minute plans what I would simply do is

answer and hang up in the same move - maybe burning a minimum of a minute.

I wish that I could bill the caller back for my time on the cell phone it only

seems fair.

My mom had a very effective way to deal with bugging telephone sales

people. When they called she would entertain the sales they were promoting

and invite them out to the house for a conclusion to the transaction.

When they arrived beaming on the doorstep she flatly told them that they

took her time away from doing important business so turn about was fair

play and to never darked her door or call again !

There are ways to deal with these rascals (a mild term of disapproval) !

We have never sailed Norwegian but I have put some information of ours in their system when doing mock bookings. Today my husband got a letter in the mail that had what looked like real hand writing on the outside but upon closer inspection it is not. The return address is actually a persons name with a location in Florida.

The letter inside says we "have been identified to receive a fabulous 7 night cruise for 2 adults aboard Norwegian Cruise Line." Then it gives a number to call and says we must take advantage within so many days. There is also an offer for free airfare and hotel if you call within 72 hours.

It says something about Travel Service Center being responsible for bookings and how although they do the reservation they are not affiliated with the company that sent the promotion. Mmmkay. I noticed on the back in fine print it says you must attend a 90 minute presentation of some sorts to receive the offer.

It reminds me of those timeshare things where you can get a free stay at a timeshare if you go to their sales pitch.

Is this legit at all or is it a total scam? I am not against a 90 minute sales pitch for a free cruise. I am very good at telling people no. lol

Anyone else receive this? Is it worth pursuing? I don't even want to try the number without checking it out first. A quick google search hasn't brought up anything but I have yet to look more closely.

It is probably legit alright, but it isn't from NCL> it is a push for time share sales. and one more thing, it would be without the taxes or any special fees plus only a few choices in dates. I would thrown it in the trash and pay for my own cruise. People do not just win free cruises, even in lowest,inside cabin catagory because someone drew their name at random. You see brochures,sometime in public places that say," just fill this out and win" you will always win, fill it out and see, but what you win comes with a price tag. he l

Edited by newmexicoNita