Explore 4 USA 2016-2017

cp556

Called my PCC - one of the three cruises I have booked qualifies, the others do not.

However, the one that qualifies is not on the website under Explore4, so I think you need to call and check on it to be sure.

that breaks down to the cost of 3 drinks a day and we usually have more. And a Pinnacle dinner thrown in. We dine there at least 2x/ on a 21 day cruise. Had this before and rarely had 10 drinks each but sometimes close and my partner can get bottled water so I don't have to lug it.

We haven't called our PCC yet this morning, can anyone who has booked with the Explore 4 today tell me if it has changed any from in the past? (are the terms the same?) I saw something yesterday about a $300 OBC for suites :confused:

Suites get the standard Explore 4 plus a $300 per suite OBC plus a complimentary Canaletto dinner in addition to the Pinnacle Grill dinner. I just booked ours using our Future Cruise Deposit from last year.

Just talked to our big box online TA and they said it would be $1200 to get Explore 4 on our Koningsdam cruise next June. What's the point of offering a promotion then charging so much that it's a wash?

I think people would be surprised at how few cruise clients actually do comparison pricing. Many many clients just accept the stated price. And THAT's why cruise lines can raise the cruise price when value is added...

My take is that people here on CC are somewhat savvy ... or at least asking for savvy answers. We're not typical of the average cruise client.

Just checked our spring 2016 cruise -- does not qualify for the new Explore4 cruise.

I'm sorry to hear that. We were in the same boat (figuratively) on all our previous cruises. The best we got was the E4 with a $50 beverage card.

I know how annoying that can be. There were all kinds of promos before our last cruise but not once did that cruise qualify.

Which means you picked a popular cruise that is selling well. You should have fun! :)

We were able to add Explore 4 to our existing reservation on Koningsdam 5/29/2016 sailing yesterday with no increase to price. Booked direct with HAL.

Did you already have the Anniversary Sale applied? If so, did you have to give up those benefits in favour of the Explore 4?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Did you already have the Anniversary Sale applied? If so, did you have to give up those benefits in favour of the Explore 4?

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

No we didn't get the anniversary sale pricing. Our original booking was made on June 29.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm confused-some say there is a 15 drink/maximum and some say a $50.00/day maximum. I'm looking at next years 14 day Alaska cruise, if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help

It's up to 15 drinks per person per day, with each drink up to $7 (up to $8 if wine). If you buy a drink over $7 (or wine over $8) you pay the whole amount.

If you were to BUY this package, it'd cost around $50/person/day. That's where that comes in.

Edited by cp556

Thank you so much! Well worth it for us since we really like to enjoy our cocktails when no driving involved😏

You're very welcome. And you're gonna love the 14-nt Alaska. We did it in 2014 and it was just wonderful. We saw Homer and Kodiak, which aren't normal stops on Alaska cruises. And Anchorage had a big tented market open when we were there, and it made for excellent shopping :)

They raised the price on our 14-day, Jan 2017 Koningsdam cruise $1320 simultaneously with Explore 4 announcement. Costco shows Explore 4 as $1320 option to the original price. That hardly makes the Drink plan or dinners FREE, as advertised., does it?!?!

First if you sail in August you are already in the penalty period, to get Explore4 you would have to cancel and rebook. So this definitely will not be an option. Say if you were booked for August 2016 and had the ZPM you still would have to cancel and rebook and unless your last cruise was within 60 days then most likely you would lose the ZPM.

HAL is telling me the ZPM code is only sent to select people by marketing.

We cruised in may and never received anything.