Allure IS THERE AN IRON? Formal nights?

Allure of the Seas, 7/19 out of Barcelona;

I forgot are there irons on the ship, or can you borrow one? In a suite too if that matters. And anyone know how many formal nights? Still 2 and 2 semi formal?

Anyone been on recently do you know when the formal nights are, I think it's 2nd night and 6th but not sure.

Thanks!

Allure of the Seas, 7/19 out of Barcelona;

I forgot are there irons on the ship, or can you borrow one? In a suite too if that matters. And anyone know how many formal nights? Still 2 and 2 semi formal?

Anyone been on recently do you know when the formal nights are, I think it's 2nd night and 6th but not sure.

Thanks!

No guest irons on the ship, nor can you bring one.

Two formal nights.

If you are in a Grand Suite or better, you get one free pressing of formal garments.

Yes, there are irons but not for passenger use. I think suites get a free pressing on formal night. In any event, it's not expensive and they do a great job.

Two formal nights but smart casual seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird.

:eek:Seriously, there are no irons? On Carnival every laundry room has an iron and board. Well this throws a wrinkle in my always iron on shop plan.:eek: I just read they don't have self serve laundry on their ships.

Guess I'm going to have to pack more clothes or send them to the ship laundry.

So, no robes in cabins, no laundry or irons , guess I'm too use to Carnival.

Can oh bring a steamer?

Edited by Midwestgal

Seriously, there are no irons? On Carnival every laundry room has an iron and board. Well this throws a wrinkle in my always iron on shop plan.:eek:

Can oh bring a steamer?

Seriously, no guest laundry facilities on any Royal ship.

Steamers are also prohibited.

While I know it is not allowed I do bring a small iron/steamer on every cruise. You do run the risk of having it confiscated and that did happen to me a couple years back and I had to wait until the last day of the cruise to get it back.

It also took me longer to get my luggage delivered to my room on the first day of the cruise because they held it aside to take the iron and then they have to take the time to notify you that they have confiscated an item from your luggage. It was actually an education getting to visit the room with all of the confiscated goods at the end of the cruise...lol.

While I wouldn't personally ever try to bring alcohol aboard I am OCD and like my clothing pressed if at all possible so it's a rule I break. (no slamming please :)) I would suggest making sure that if you do bring an iron that it is small...small enough so that it can be wrapped inside a pair of jeans, etc.

Either that or take the advice of other posters and bring clothing that is not easily wrinkled.

Last option is paying to have items pressed. You can usually get things back the next day.

Good Luck

Edited by Ksma23

:eek:Seriously, there are no irons? On Carnival every laundry room has an iron and board. Well this throws a wrinkle in my always iron on shop plan.:eek: I just read they don't have self serve laundry on their ships.

Guess I'm going to have to pack more clothes or send them to the ship laundry.

So, no robes in cabins, no laundry or irons , guess I'm too use to Carnival.

Can oh bring a steamer?

HaHa! I totally agree. I'm going to find out from my TA about the steamer.

Ill be in West Palm Beach a few days before the cruise so I can iron stuff there...I'm sure I'll make do with what I have. Downey wrinkle spray does work pretty good so I'll be sure to bring some with.

Edited by Midwestgal

While I know it is not allowed I do bring a small iron/steamer on every cruise. You do run the risk of having it confiscated and that did happen to me a couple years back and I had to wait until the last day of the cruise to get it back.

It also took me longer to get my luggage delivered to my room on the first day of the cruise because they held it aside to take the iron and then they have to take the time to notify you that they have confiscated an item from your luggage. It was actually an education getting to visit the room with all of the confiscated goods at the end of the cruise...lol.

While I wouldn't personally ever try to bring alcohol aboard I am OCD and like my clothing pressed if at all possible so it's a rule I break. (no slamming please :)) I would suggest making sure that if you do bring an iron that it is small...small enough so that it can be wrapped inside a pair of jeans, etc.

Either that or take the advice of other posters and bring clothing that is not easily wrinkled.

Sneaking booze on board doesn't directly pose a threat to other passengers. The biggest danger on cruise ships is a fire, and that's why irons are banned.

In the period between 2007 and 2011 it is known that 318 household fires were caused by clothes irons. And that is how many are KNOWN to be caused that way.

Seriously, these rules are there for a reason.

Last option is paying to have items pressed. You can usually get things back the next day.

Good Luck

So you wouldn't bring on booze that harms no one, but will smuggle an iron that could start a fire...............:rolleyes: Good to know.:rolleyes:

Good Luck

Certain folks and their posts that reveal true ignorance amazes me!.....:eek:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Certain folks and their posts that reveal true ignorance amazes me!.....:eek:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As do comments such as yours. It's people like you who make

snarky uncalled for commentary that causes people to not even

want to participate in the boards here at Cruise Critic.

I take a plastic handheld steamer/iron without a metal plate

that I have always unplugged upon finishing its use. I would

say it poses the same threat of fire that a straightening or curling

iron would if it were to be left plugged in. And for the record

the travel steamer/iron I have will turn off if left vertically for too long and it will turn off within 30 seconds if left horizontally or if tipped over. So note to you...don't be such a jerk

and ask a question or two before making such "ignorant" statements.

Edited by Ksma23

So you wouldn't bring on booze that harms no one, but will smuggle an iron that could start a fire...............:rolleyes: Good to know.:rolleyes:

Yes, and I get in my car and drive the freeway every day despite

the risk of possible collision as well. Call me one who likes to tempt

fate. 😏

Bet the risk for fire is no larger than it would be for folks that smoke on the ship

Bet you're wrong. Smoking is now restricted to one inside venue and a public outdoor area. Electrical fires can be devastating since the fire can quickly travel through the walls. Of course there are the all about me group to whom rules just don't apply who will constantly try to do everything to justify their blatant disregard for safety rules. Oh, and I don't smoke or iron.

Why in the world would anyone want to do laundry while on vacation. If you are on a land based vacation do you seek out the nearest laundry mat to wash clothes? Your on vacation, sit back relax and enjoy the view. You have probably way over packed. So don't let the little things you can't control upset you. If your obsessed with doing laundry take your dirty stuff with you when in port and seek out a laundry mat.