Which Cruise?

delta13

In the long run, unless you cruise just to relax on the ship, I think you'd be more excited in the long run going with the better itinerary. I try to balance ship and itinerary, but it isn't always possible, so in that case, I go with itinerary. But that's just me.

That SJU itinerary is just ridiculous. I've said it before, but I would do that one in a dinghy if that's all there was available, just to go again.

I would choose that itinerary over a boat every time. 😊

Edited by christyran1228

Oh boy good question, I guess it depends on your priorities.

I like a lot of port days vs sea days, but I have been to all but one port on the San Juan itinerary, so in that dynamic I would choose NCL.

I have already been on that class of Carnival ship, and never been on Getaway, so I would choose NCL in that measurement too.

San Juan is more difficult/more costly to get to, so another vote for Getaway.

I personally have been focusing on taking more of the new builds. So many are coming out that I am losing ground. I have 10 on my short list that are sailing now or will be soon.

All of the reasons I have given may be reasons to sway you the other way if your priorities are different than mine. Tough decision, but either way you will enjoy. That's one thing I do know. Happy sailing.

Getaway - St. Thomas, Tortola and Nassau

Liberty - St. Thomas, St, Maarten, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Barbados

I've of course been to Nassau many times (Ick) and also been to St. Maarten. The rest are new for me. I'm leaning towards the Getaway right now and the Spa balcony.

Edited by delta13

We booked an 11 day out of New Orleans Jan 3 2016. The price was similar to a seven day cruise. The ports are excellent, only caveat is it returns to San Juan. We booked 2 one way flights cheaper then 2 city round trip. Don't know why but that is the airlines.

I was in a similar situation and ended up going with Liberty next January. I'm more of a port person,than ship. With that being said Liberty is a beautiful ship,this will be my 4x on her.

Ncl is just doing far too many changing to their product, that it makes me wonder, what it will look like,by the time I would be past final payment and unable to cancel.

I will wait until the dust settles and the changes stop before I sail with them in the future.

Yep, I saw some changes coming to, but I'm sailing over Labor day so I don't think they'll be in effect yet. I like Carnival, but just looking for a different experience and would like try one of the new builds.

We were on Carnival Valor out of San Juan in May 2013 (same itinerary that Liberty is currently on) and loved it so much we just booked Liberty for September 2015. The scenery on this itinerary is our favorite in the Caribbean. We've been on cruises to other ports/itineraries and although we love them all, nothing can compare when it comes to the scenery. I'm sure you can guess I'd recommend Liberty.