Liberty to get waterslide

Not sure I understand your question but there is no charge to use them now, so no it would not cost more - still no charge.

I think that was his subtle attempt at humor, as in many cases, staterooms on higher decks tend to cost more than on lower decks.

I think that was his subtle attempt at humor, as in many cases, staterooms on higher decks tend to cost more than on lower decks.

Get the humor, but please with all the up charges on ALL of the cruise lines , let's not give them idea to charge for using the jogging decks, lol.

Get the humor, but please with all the up charges on ALL of the cruise lines , let's not give them idea to charge for using the jogging decks, lol.

Just swipe your SeaPass on every lap around......

Isn't the assumption that Liberty will get Freestyle machines during drydock?

I would not assume anything. Navigator did not receive the machines during her recent dry dock.

I would not assume anything. Navigator did not receive the machines during her recent dry dock.

That's odd.

In the past I haven't gotten a drink package for the kids (too much sugar) but I was considering one for Liberty. Once I realized there were no machines it was an easy decision.

I've gone to bars before to get a glass of water. The bartenders were very courteous but it was clear I was not the priority. They had paying customers to serve.

I just can't imagine my kids lining up at a bar waving their soda cards.

...I just can't imagine my kids lining up at a bar waving their soda cards.

Depending where you are, there can be roving bar servers that will get soda for the kids. Also, their SeaPass card will have a sticker or emblem denoting the soda package, there is no seperate soda card.

If the Liberty is due to undergo changes in 1/2016, what is the condition of the ship at present? Due to sail in October.

Thank you:cool:

We were on Liberty this past March, and she was in excellent shape.

Interesting, we will be on the Liberty in August. My husband and I were talking the other night(even before the sliding board post ), that RCCL was getting too family oriented and we are going back to Celebrity after this.

We have done numerous Celebrity and HAL cruises, even one each on Crystal and Silversea for special occasions and certain itineraries.

When we decided to do the Caribbean again this past fall we did the Allure and loved it. It really was great for that itinerary. We wanted to do the New England/Canada and Royal had a nice 10 day.

As some of the other posters have stated, we also don't want a playground atmosphere either and this will probably be our last RCCL cruise.

Barb

Texans are getting LOS out of Galveston pretty soon. I like the idea of the slide since we are still raising our son. I do understand the need for an "Adult" atmosphere. I can see Hubby and I going towards less kids when our son is raised. We work with children for our careers and we need time away. We are in our 50s too now