Liberty to get waterslide

Most of the support structure seems to be on deck 12. But the 2 exits run right through the current minigolf course on deck 13.

LB_944x435.jpg

A photo says a thousand words and unless they reduce the amount of holes and change the layout it looks golf might be done.

I do not see Royal stating that they are removing the mini golf. I would hope they would just relocate it. Maybe the aft deck below the flow rider deck. It seems like it was usually empty on Freedom of the Seas. Is it possible to squeeze a nine hole there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mini Golf is a thing of the past who cares, get rid of it, they should have done some Bowl slides in that area too but the big attraction will be the boomerang thing.

All ships need water slides now a days it attracts both adults and children.

I know they announced Oasis and Allure would get it. Possibly the Ovation as well since its under contruction.

Majesty and Now Liberty. looks like it will happen

Mini Golf is a thing of the past who cares, get rid of it, they should have done some Bowl slides in that area too but the big attraction will be the boomerang thing.

All ships need water slides now a days it attracts both adults and children.

I know they announced Oasis and Allure would get it. Possibly the Ovation as well since its under contruction.

Majesty and Now Liberty. looks like it will happen

I'm afraid you're right. Quantum Class does not have minigolf.

It's a shame. When I think of a cruise I think of the minigolf course, nice ocean breeze, views to the horizon, slice of pizza and a drink in hand.

I had hoped they would put the slides in/above the H20 Zone.

I don't expect the minigolf to be moved/replaced.

I thought the mini-golf was cute, but we honestly only did it twice during the entire cruise when we were on Mariner. Those slides are going to be PACKED....

After 23 cruises I can honestly say I never played mini golf. I can agree with you the slides will be super packed! Anytime you have less kids in the main pool is always a good thing!

I do not see Royal stating that they are removing the mini golf. I would hope they would just relocate it. Maybe the aft deck below the flow rider deck. It seems like it was usually empty on Freedom of the Seas. Is it possible to squeeze a nine hole there?

Been a busy place on Indy and I think maybe the odd cruise but otherwise it is busy. We have done many many B2Bs on Indy and the flowrider has line ups.

does anyone play the mini golf anyways?

YES!

After 23 cruises I can honestly say I never played mini golf. I can agree with you the slides will be super packed! Anytime you have less kids in the main pool is always a good thing!

Nope, the grownups will be on the slides leaving the smaller kids unattended in the pools. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

Just another reason to migrate from RCCL to Celebrity, since RCCL seems to be interested only in mega ships and kids playgrounds afloat.

Keep in mind that they are marketing more to a family demographic than Celebrity. If families want water slides, why wouldn't they install them? To lose market share to other cruise lines? Your proposal to switch to Celebrity is likely what they are expecting you to do anyway.

Disney Fantasy has a very nice 9-hole course in a very similar area. But I seriously doubt RCL is going to move it/create a new one.

I enjoy mini-golf, but the last time I tried to play on Oasis it was a waste of time. The cheap light plastic balls just blew all over the place in the wind and the kids were just running wild on the course. Disney actually provides real golf balls and the course isn't completely on top of itself so you don't have the kid problem.

Even though Fantasy had a nice course, I only played twice, went down the slide 7-10 times. The slides in the the Liberty rendering I'd probably go down 5-10 times a day depending on the lines.

...I enjoy mini-golf, but the last time I tried to play on Oasis it was a waste of time. The cheap light plastic balls just blew all over the place in the wind ...

I agree, mini-golf on Oasis class is worthless with those plastic balls. The other classes of ships have real balls.

does anyone play the mini golf anyways?

I haven't played on a ship in a very long time, but I know there definitely are people that do. I used to do it over ten years ago when I first started cruising. However, I'm fine with losing mini golf in favor of these new slides. I'll admit that I was a bit leery at first after hearing of these slides because I was afraid it was going to become too much like that rival cruise line, ya know, that one with the whale tail funnel? ;) Turns out, I'm very happy with these slides after learning more about them, and realizing that Royal once again pushed the boundaries with the new Boomerango slide.

looks like CC blocked your link. Which is odd, I got a warning from them for posting a link from the same website but they use it abundantly in their newsletters on the home page.

I agree, mini-golf on Oasis class is worthless with those plastic balls. The other classes of ships have real balls.

I'm hoping to find some night balls before our next cruise. Does Brilliance have a course?