Enchantment of the Seas plague of ......

Kids!!!!!

Just returned from a 3 nighter to the Bahamas

The boat was full of Brazilian and Argentinian 15 year old girls

No curfew imposed on these rude lift hugging brats

They descended on park cafe and ice cream machines leaving them a bare mess

Not impressed at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sxphil

There have been quite a lot of posts on the board this week about these quincinera girls. Oasis, freedom, and now enchantment. Is this a new thing or does this always happen in July? I'm surprised Royal allows these large groups of underage kids to come on the ships without making sure there are rules being enforced :( If it's a new thing, maybe they'll put a stop to it (unless they're making a lot of money they wouldn't otherwise make).

Kids!!!!!

Just returned from a 3 nighter to the Bahamas

The boat was full of Brazilian and Argentinian 15 year old girls

No curfew imposed on these rude lift hugging brats

They descended on park cafe and ice cream machines leaving them a bare mess

Not impressed at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like to me the staff of Enchantment avoided them like the plague.

Hundreds of teens on a cruise ship running wild is not my idea of a vacation or short getaway. :eek: :eek:

There have been quite a lot of posts on the board this week about these quincinera girls. Oasis, freedom, and now enchantment. Is this a new thing or does this always happen in July? I'm surprised Royal allows these large groups of underage kids to come on the ships without making sure there are rules being enforced :( If it's a new thing, maybe they'll put a stop to it (unless they're making a lot of money they wouldn't otherwise make).

Our cruise on the Adventure of the Seas last November, there was a lot of girls celebrating their quincinera.

There have been quite a lot of posts on the board this week about these quincinera girls. Oasis, freedom, and now enchantment. Is this a new thing or does this always happen in July? ....

It's not a new thing, we've seen it on Monarch for at least 5 years, and it was other months besides July.

I've only had the experience once, 2013 on Allure there were several groups, but that is ship is large enough to absorb some and perhaps they weren't as bad as others and the numbers were less (Late April) The only inconvenience was when they took ever the Karaoke venue and 99% of the songs sung were in spanish.

My only really bad experience with Brazillian Tour groups at Disney in 2000. There were at least 10 different groups of at least 100 people and they made life difficult for everyone else. Their meeting points were always right at the front of the park making it nearly impossible for anyone else to get in our out and I think "exit" in English means "special line just for you" in Portugese :D They would wait till one of their own got to the front of a line and then 100 of their friends would join them. The polite Disney employees would be powerless to do anything. At food venues they would walk up the exit lane to registers and demand service.

Sounds like something to be on the lookout for when booking. There have been other threads on this. Maybe spring bookings are the answer to avoiding these encounters?

No, then you have the drink-guzzling spring breakers which are worse due to the booze involved. Plus, we did Adventure in April 2011 and found there were tons of those quincenera groups as well.

Sorry to hear that, it would certainly ruin a cruise if that bad:(

A lot of these complaints come up about cruises from San Juan. We've been on cruises from there 5 of the past 6 years and haven't had any issues.

Consider yourself lucky.

These tour groups have gotten much larger over the years and business is good for them out of Brazil, we hit the parks every weekend, but not in the summer, but this past weekend decided to go for a bit, and wow the Brazilian tour groups were ALL OVER the place.

It's not a new thing, we've seen it on Monarch for at least 5 years, and it was other months besides July.

As you point out these quincinera group excursions are not limited to July or the summer months, they can be found on ships year round. Her Majesty out of Miami, has many of these groups on board over the course of a year.

I have been on sailings where you did not notice that they were present, except for the formal pictures taken in their beautiful dresses.

How the group behaves starts with the chaperones that are onboard with them. But that is the same with much smaller family groups and how they allow their children to behave.

Is there any way to determine ahead of time if these groups of girls are on your sailing? We are going on Freedom on aug 23rd out of port Canaveral for 7 days, for some reason that sailing was REALLY cheap and I'm afraid it was so cheap cause there are a million of these girls going. (We'll have fun anyway! )

Lots of kids go back to school next week. I bet that's why there has been an increase in pre adult vacationers. I am sorry to hear that their adult counterparts were lacking in their parental responsibilities and ignorant to the other cruisers on board. Does anyone else feel like the cruise should step in for these situations and insist on courteous behavior?

Is there any way to determine ahead of time if these groups of girls are on your sailing? We are going on Freedom on aug 23rd out of port Canaveral for 7 days, for some reason that sailing was REALLY cheap and I'm afraid it was so cheap cause there are a million of these girls going. (We'll have fun anyway! )

Probably not as many on a 7-night cruise as there are on the 3 and 4 nighters. Typically, these tours are a combo of a shorter cruise and Disneyworld. Last July, there were ~300 getting off of the 4 night enchantment while ~300 more were getting on with us for the 3 night. The ones on our cruise had just come from Disneyworld, and the ones getting of were going there next.

It must be a big revenue generator for RCL, because they have an entire page of quinceanera merchandise on their gifts page.

We will be back on Enchantment again this Friday, and I thoroughly expect to see another mob on board.

Edited by orville99

Probably not as many on a 7-night cruise as there are on the 3 and 4 nighters. Typically, these tours are a combo of a shorter cruise and Disneyworld. Last July, there were ~300 getting off of the 4 night enchantment while ~300 more were getting on with us for the 3 night. The ones on our cruise had just come from Disneyworld, and the ones getting of were going there next.

It must be a big revenue generator for RCL, because they have an entire page of quinceanera merchandise on their gifts page.

We will be back on Enchantment again this Friday, and I thoroughly expect to see another mob on board.

I did a 7 day Caribbean on Adventure in June and the ship was completely full of them and like others have said they were the rudest, most disrespectful teens I've ever come across.

We were on the Majesty with a bunch of them a few years ago. When we first got on board and saw them we were thinking, "oh-oh, here we go" but they were well supervised and well behaved I have to say.

I can actually think of 4 young ladies on that cruise that might have appeared to be Brazilian, but were actually plain old American kids with parents who were far too drunk to care what their daughters were doing. I encountered them on several occasions. I first thought they were foreign, but then heard their parents with them and realized that they are just regular entitled American teens.

I can actually think of 4 young ladies on that cruise that might have appeared to be Brazilian, but were actually plain old American kids with parents who were far too drunk to care what their daughters were doing. I encountered them on several occasions. I first thought they were foreign, but then heard their parents with them and realized that they are just regular entitled American teens.

I don't know that they were the parents, actually. Could have just been chaperones. However, they appeared to be a family grouping of about 8-10 people altogether.

Consider yourself lucky.

We're going out of San Juan for the sixth time next March and are not worried in the least....... We love Puerto Rico and have never had ANY issues cruising from there, all the cruises have been in February or Spring Break. I don't think the "drink guzzling spring breakers" you referred to are cruising out of San Juan for 7 nights. If they are we've never seen them.:):D;)

Edited by bouhunter