Serenade Code Red?

We are booked on the Serenade February 5, 2016 sailing, which has disappeared from Royal's site, along with all other February 2016 Serenade sailings. Some on our roll call say it is in code red. That usually turns out to be a charter. Has anyone heard anything about this? We sure don't want to commit to any air arrangements with this hanging over our heads!

Oh interesting....but quite a bummer if it turns out to be the case. We are booked for February 15, 2016 on Serenade. I did notice that the February sailing show "Sold out" I guess I should have been more suspicious.

Dang. I just purchased 3rd party insurance and airfare too.

Obviously, we will be very curious to know if you hear anything about a redeployment. Off to check other roll calls. :)

We are booked on the Serenade February 5, 2016 sailing, which has disappeared from Royal's site, along with all other February 2016 Serenade sailings. Some on our roll call say it is in code red. That usually turns out to be a charter. Has anyone heard anything about this? We sure don't want to commit to any air arrangements with this hanging over our heads!

With three cruises (31 days) showing as sold out it sounds like more than a charter. Maybe they are looking to put her into drydock.

With three cruises (31 days) showing as sold out it sounds like more than a charter. Maybe they are looking to put her into drydock.

That time of the year is prime revenue so a drydock would be unusual and only if absolutely necessary.

Oh interesting....but quite a bummer if it turns out to be the case. We are booked for February 15, 2016 on Serenade. I did notice that the February sailing show "Sold out" I guess I should have been more suspicious.

Dang. I just purchased 3rd party insurance and airfare too.

Obviously, we will be very curious to know if you hear anything about a redeployment. Off to check other roll calls. :)

Purchased our transatlantic airfare a long time ago, hotels and car rental too! If this is the case then we'll have to be moved to something in the same time frame because flights are non-refundable.

That time of the year is prime revenue so a drydock would be unusual and only if absolutely necessary.

Let's see, generally some of the lowest fares of the season can be had at that time of the year, so how is it that is prime revenue?

If something happened to the ship recently requiring she be taken out of service we would have heard about it and RCI plans regular dry docks further out than this. As some have already speculated this is just another RCI IT glitch or a planned reshuffling of inventory during which time RCI blocks all new bookings.

Not sure this is true, as January and February is usually when they do dry docks. Like Navigator last year, Freedom this year and liberty next year.

Maybe they will fix it....according to the roll calls, January previously had the same issue, and those sailings are back. You just never know. :)

my sailing showed Sold Out for a long time. Then there was nothing but insides left for a while and now almost every category is showing available. Overpriced, but available :rolleyes:

We had this problem with a B2B on Serenade a year ago. Was Sold Out for ages for the whole month of Sept. and then finally we got the RCL phone call. Calling RCL didn't help as they know nothing about it.

RCL changed--

the Whole itinerary for the whole Month of Sept.

We had our Departure Port changed from Venice to Rome

our length of cruises changed for Both B2B

our Dates changed.

We kept our cabin and the original amount we booked it at and the cruises extended a day or so for each. So, we got about 3 extra days in the price.

Plus, some OBC for the change made by RCL.

So, expect a phone call I guess. IF they are totally changing it, then have a back up cruise that will work with what you have planned. So, you are prepared for the call.

We just had this happen with Explorer this year when she was not going to Singapore but Alaska. We had other cruises for them to change our booking to. We were offered other cruises at the same rate but turned out they we were already booked on RCL at that time on other ships.

Good Luck!!

I doubt they would be doing (another) extensive refurb as they just finished a major one in Dec. 2012 http://www.******************.com/2012/12/11/royal-caribbeans-serenade-seas-finishes-revitalization

My guess is an IT update on the web site or as someone else mentioned, an "adjustment of inventory" - they do show other sailings with availability on Jan. 25 (returning Feb. 5) and then again on March 7, which would be the first sailing after the Feb. 26th 10-day....it would be kind of strange to cancel 3 (almost) sold out cruises to take it into dry dock on fairly short notice, unless there was a major issue they couldn't wait for.

Let's hope it's just a temporary "outage", but I'm going to look for a backup plan just in case!!

We are on the 1/25 and 2/5 sailings. Like what was mentioned previously, the 1/25 sailing had been showing sold out for months and now has several cabins available. I know a TA that has/had blocks on both sailings. The 1/25 block was recalled in May but she still has the 2/5 block and has several cabins available. She told me not to worry, that all is OK. Sure hope she is right!

Thanks for your insights everyone. I guess I'll just have to wait a while before making any air arrangements or pre cruise hotel commitments. Personally, I am leaning towards there being a charter on one of the February sailings. I can't imagine what the "inventory adjustment" could possibly be; sounds like accounting speak to me.

Meanwhile,I'll be checking other potential sailings around that time just in case!

BTW, we are just off the LOS today, & had a great time. MDR food was very good to excellent, & Chops was delicious, but the Windjammer could sure use a re-boot! Jade is a poor excuse for Asian food!

I am on the 5 Feb sailing also.

My TA says that there are only a few cabins left, as most of the ship is actually sold out now. I looked at an on-line site and saw similar categories available today to book.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed as I already have my non-refundable air,

and, luckily, also travel insurance if this turns out to be a problem.

But my TA says not to worry.

I am also booked for the 26-Feb cruise. I have noticed that the ship was almost sold out, and since a large chunk of the ship didn't sell out at once I doubt it is a charter.

Also, the ship went through the long dry dock about 2 years ago, so any other drydock would be a short one.

• 3 weeks later...

Contrary to an earlier post the February time frame is high season in the Caribbean. We for years have booked as this year the entire month of Feb and book 2 years in advance with many of those especially the longer than 7 day ones being sold out. Rarely do they open back up until final