Shower or tub

uktog

Would you prefer to stay in a Club Continental Suite with  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to stay in a Club Continental Suite with

• A bath tub and over the bath shower
    • A walk in shower
    • No preference

Agree with soggy shower curtains, as we endured them on Princess. So we paid the extra money for Azamara CC suite specifically so we'd have a tub/shower combo (Sailed just this last Dec/Jan in South America). If future CC suites have no tub, ZERO reason for us to book one. We'll either go veranda if we're in totally in love with the itinerary Azamara offers (but not for a voyage for any long length without a tub) or we'll go Seabourn. We were on Seabourn in May this year 2015, and our spacious cabin cost no more than what Azamara was asking for a similar voyage. We had a SEPARATE tub and shower on Seabourn and double sinks and tons of storage. Loved Seabourn, but they tend to do the "in at 8am, out at 5pm" port visit, while Azamara lets you spend more time and does overnights. We are currently booked on Azamara December 2016 Christmas trip to Singapore, Bali, etc. It's a 14 day trip and think that not having a tub for 2 weeks (and minimal storage, at least from the pix) would be a very unhappy situation and I would cancel (and go for a quasi-similar, but not quite as wonderful, itinerary Seabourn is offering). But lots of time left, so I'm optimistic that Azamara will get it right-- my husband and I LOVE Azamara's friendly staff and longer port stays. (We've also been on Crystal, Silverseas,Celebrity,HAL and other lines, but those experiences are not as directly relevant, as they are older experiences)

We are booked on the December 2015 Singapore/Bali cruise but we do have a suite for that one. Will let you know how it goes!

Our last experience using a tub on a cruise was on the Celebrity Century in Dec. 2013. My husband thought it would be great to use the private jet-tub in our suite. If you have a queasy stomach, stop reading. When he turned on the jets, a lot of grey water and clumps of hair came out of them. We called the room steward, who in turn, called a maintenance person. His comment was that hardly anyone used the jet tubs & they got clogged easily. I haven't used a tub in many years, couldn't see sitting in the water from bathing. Showers all the way!!

We are booked on the December 2015 Singapore/Bali cruise but we do have a suite for that one. Will let you know how it goes!

Would love to hear about it-- hope you have a terrific cruise and great weather!

Having ignored Nordski's advice :), we renovated our master bath a couple of years ago and took out the gigantic garden tub with jets that took up a lot of square feet. It's one of those things that people on House Hunters ooh and aah over, but I used it maybe twice in 10 years.

On a ship, I don't see myself getting a hankering for a bath. Shower all the way, please!

Edited by hrhdhd

Having ignored Nordski's advice :), we renovated our master bath a couple of years ago and took out the gigantic garden tub with jets that took up a lot of square feet. It's one of those things that people on House Hunters ooh and aah over, but I used it maybe twice in 10 years.

On a ship, I don't see myself getting a hankering for a bath. Shower all the way, please!

My wife likes the bath. I always take a shower.

Voted for Shower only ..... Never ever sit in a tub that has been used by hundreds to much of an ick factor for me, though I'm sure everyone has a lovely bum :)

I trust that the Azamara room steward has properly cleaned the tub.

Great to see you back on the forum as you prepare for your upcoming cruise.

As for you ignoring my advice, well, if I can't influence my cruise buddies then what hope is there for all those suggestions I email to various world leaders? :)

Completely agree with you about "shower all the way".

We were recently in a Neptune Suite on Holland America's Zuiderdam and there was a large Jacuzzi bath as well as a walk in shower in our bathroom. I didn't use the Jacuzzi bath at all...I kept thinking of Legionnaire's Disease potentially lurking in the jet pipes! No thanks! :eek:

I wouldn't use the jets, for sure! I don't even run water deep enough to cover the jets.

This thread isn't about jacuzzi baths, which are not currently, nor projected to be, in CC suites, from what I've read. Current discussion is about a relatively standard shower over tub set-up vs walk-in shower only. As it seems there would be/should be "grabs bars" in both configurations in case of rough seas, it comes down to personal preference. I take only baths, my husband takes a shower in the morning and then a bath after our return from walking around for 5-7 hours in port, so the tub/ shower combo accommodates us both. I'm sure the tubs are thoroughly cleaned by Azamara staff with some kind of bleach or other chemical formula, that more than adequately disinfects/cleans the tub. The tub on our last cruise was immaculate. We both took baths every day, and having the tub was the main reason we chose CC suite. After walking around all day for hours in port, we find it very relaxing to rest our tootsies and the rest of ourselves in a tub. I, in particular don't want to stand up in a shower to get ready for dinner after having already been on my feet for hours all day.

This thread isn't about jacuzzi baths, which are not currently, nor projected to be, in CC suites, from what I've read. Current discussion is about a relatively standard shower over tub set-up vs walk-in shower only.

Well, that's both of us definitely told off Pam! Seems that baths v showers are really a contentious issue!

I still prefer a shower! ;)

Well, that's both of us definitely told off Pam! Seems that baths v showers are really a contentious issue!

I still prefer a shower! ;)

Yes, I believe we have. I have gotten told off in a couple of these threads, but this time I was only making a comment in reply to another one. I thought the Azamara forum was all friendly and supportive, now I feel right at home after switching from the Regent forum.

But I still prefer a bathtub. ;)

Edited by Pam
change quotation

Yes, I believe we have. I have gotten told off in a couple of these threads, but this time I was only making a comment in reply to another one. I thought the Azamara forum was all friendly and supportive, now I feel right at home after switching from the Regent forum.

But I still prefer a bathtub. ;)

Pam, we are generally very nice and supportive here.....honestly! :)

[quote name='Pam']Yes, I believe we have. I have gotten told off in a couple of these threads, but this time I was only making a comment in reply to another one. I thought the Azamara forum was all friendly and supportive, now I feel right at home after switching from the Regent forum.

But I still prefer a bathtub. ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, dear...My post about jacuzzi jets was in no way meant as a "tell off" to Pam-- just saying the CC suites don't have jacuzzi jets, so not an issue. I LOVE PAM, because Pam wants tubs to be maintained, as do I!!! So sorry, Pam, if you were offended by my post-- we're on the same side! Hopefully, Azamara will heed our posts and maintain some shower/tub combos at the CC Suite level. Again, Pam, I'm genuinely sorry if I hurt your feelings. All best!

Lets not get into too heated an argument about tubs, Jacuzzi and showers.
It is a no brainer
1.Showers are definitely cleaner than tub baths since all dirty water from body goes down the drain
2.Tubs have stagnant water that washes dirt off your body and then you sit in it.
3.Jacuzzi of course has some unseen tubes that may or may not have been cleaned.
4. If you have a Jacuzzi then fill the tub with water over the jets and call your cabin steward to put some disinfectant in the water before you turn on the jets no matter if it looks clean or not.
5. Do we want to carry this out on deck to the hot tubs? Hopefully not, but that is a bathtub also. The dirtiest part of the human body are the hands because they touch everything else.
6. The 62% Alcohol solutions they give us to clean hands kills bacteria, but not viruses which cause much of the ship contagious diseases. The Alcohol does tend to cut the oil on the hands which is antiviral by getting the hand skin oils off.
7. Washing hands with soap and water before and after using the bathroom is good because you are trying to get the oils and dust off the hands that the viruses are binding to. The hands are dirtier (more contaminated) than the part of the body you are fixing to touch.
8. How long do you wash your hands. Well it has been said that if you sing the "Happy Birthday" song through twice it should be long enough. Most people do not do this. I timed it and it is about 17 seconds. I found that if you say the "Hail Mary" prayer through twice at a normal speed it is also 17 seconds. So, I get the advantage of the timed hand wash and the extra advantage of asking Mother Mary to help me not get sick.
9. On my last cruise they had little towels which you took to open the restroom to exit and then outside the door was a little bucket to throw the "contaminated" towel in. Nice idea. They do understand the most contaminated part of the human body. Now getting people to use them is another matter.
Sorry I really got carried away when someone began with Legionnaire's disease in bathtubs.
I guess I will get blasted for getting off topic.
Dr.Joe Edited by scapel

[quote name='pvkatmom']Oh, dear...My post about jacuzzi jets was in no way meant as a "tell off" to Pam-- just saying the CC suites don't have jacuzzi jets, so not an issue. I LOVE PAM, because Pam wants tubs to be maintained, as do I!!! So sorry, Pam, if you were offended by my post-- we're on the same side! Hopefully, Azamara will heed our posts and maintain some shower/tub combos at the CC Suite level. Again, Pam, I'm genuinely sorry if I hurt your feelings. All best![/QUOTE]

Please, be absolutely sure that my feelings weren't hurt in any way! I was joking with Lottie, hence the winking smilie! I have much thicker skin than that; I've hung out on these boards far more than my post count shows. There was a big system turnover/failure several years ago and I never asked to have my post count restored because it wasn't an issue to me.

I'm good!

[quote name='pvkatmom']Oh, dear...My post about jacuzzi jets was in no way meant as a "tell off" to Pam-- just saying the CC suites don't have jacuzzi jets, so not an issue. I LOVE PAM, because Pam wants tubs to be maintained, as do I!!! So sorry, Pam, if you were offended by my post-- we're on the same side! Hopefully, Azamara will heed our posts and maintain some shower/tub combos at the CC Suite level. Again, Pam, I'm genuinely sorry if I hurt your feelings. All best![/QUOTE]

I'm also not offended in any way pvkatmom....it was just a little joke.

Threads do sometimes go a bit off topic here and are generally far more interesting for it.

I still prefer a walk in shower, but if you and Pam prefer a tub....well, Vive La Difference I say! :D

Scapel...or should that be "Scalpel" Dr Joe?
Could not agree more with your post and I'm sure you won't get told off for providing very useful information. I'm definitely a "happy birthday twice" woman and frequently advise people who don't wash their hands for this timescale about Noro and how it is transmitted. Some of them even listen to me! :D
Dr Lottie.

Scapel...or should that be "Scalpel" Dr Joe?
Could not agree more with your post and I'm sure you won't get told off for providing very useful information. I'm definitely a "happy birthday twice" woman and frequently advise people who don't wash their hands for this timescale about Noro and how it is transmitted. Some of them even listen to me! :D
Dr Lottie.[/QUOTE]
Lottie,
It is scapel. Every other surgeon on the internet wanted to be scalpel which of course is the correct spelling of the knife, but my e-mail would not fly. I finally dropped an "L" and got in at [email]scapel@suddenlink.net[/email] and am holding on to it.
Dr.Joe

[quote name='petlover']You go Pam....we were on Azamara Journey in April in a cc cabin and loved having our tub. We liked having a choice, not an either or.[/QUOTE]

I hope you voted for tubs, Marcie. Actually, If Azamara retains some shower over tub combos as the CC suites currently have, it remains a choice as to whether to shower or take a bath. If all the CC suites are re-done with the walk-in showers then there is no choice-- and Azamara becomes a VASTLY less attractive cruise option for my husband and I. And @ Pam and Lottie, I'm very relieved to hear you weren't offended. I think that all most of we posters want to do is to advocate for what we would like-- not to upset anyone.

[quote name='pvkatmom']I hope you voted for tubs, Marcie. Actually, If Azamara retains some shower over tub combos as the CC suites currently have, it remains a choice as to whether to shower or take a bath. If all the CC suites are re-done with the walk-in showers then there is no choice-- and Azamara becomes a VASTLY less attractive cruise option for my husband and I. And @ Pam and Lottie, I'm very relieved to hear you weren't offended. I think that all most of we posters want to do is to advocate for what we would like-- not to upset anyone.[/QUOTE]

But it does not. I have just returned from a lovely cruise and the shower over the bath tub was a major issue
I am hoping our future reservations are in the suites with walk in showers otherwise we will be downgrading our future sailings to verandah only. I was so happy when I first saw the planned changes, I know that for bookings still to be made once deck plans are known I should be able to make a choice, but in the interim a number of bookings might need changing.

Hi Marcie! I have seriously debated calling and asking what it would cost to upgrade another step, but would that insure a tub? Who knows at this point? I certainly don't need an Owner's Suite just for me, and it's not like the rest of the group will be on this one with Betty and me.

[quote name='Pam']Hi Marcie! I have seriously debated calling and asking what it would cost to upgrade another step, but would that insure a tub? Who knows at this point? I certainly don't need an Owner's Suite just for me, and it's not like the rest of the group will be on this one with Betty and me.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]Pam, i will upgrade before i give up my tub.i have looked into prices and they are high but worth it to me.. i am sure Ann was just in a large suite as she went to the best of the best dinner and i do not recall a walk in shower yet in there but a jetted tub.. i do not need jets but need a tub.[/COLOR]