Shower or tub

uktog

Would you prefer to stay in a Club Continental Suite with  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer to stay in a Club Continental Suite with

• A bath tub and over the bath shower
    • A walk in shower
    • No preference

Robin, I haven't checked the price to upgrade, and how far would we have to to in order to insure a tub?

Editing to add... where is the proof that we wouldn't still get a shower after upgrading? There was a mention in the comparison post that dry dock could see some change there, also. Edited by Pam
adding to post

[quote name='Pam']Robin, I haven't checked the price to upgrade, and how far would we have to to in order to insure a tub?

Editing to add... where is the proof that we wouldn't still get a shower after upgrading? There was a mention in the comparison post that dry dock could see some change there, also.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]Pam,, the last i heard- which could change tomorrow- that they were going to somehow use the half bath space for a shower. plus keep/add a new tub in thee.. not 100% sure on this. as no one can get a real answer.

I have check price for 2016 and 2017. .all are a joke. i rather fly FC and stay in a jr suite in a hotel before and after.. or spend money elsewhere.. i feel i am only missing a dinner. .I get the other VIP perks every cruise. .food i can live without. [/COLOR]

Well, I plan to fly my daughter over to meet me when I disembark in London so that we can have a few days together there sans grandchildren (her husband's suggestion), so I really don't need to be upgrading any further. I already upgraded more than I had planned, supposedly to get a tub. But I'll manage.

[quote name='Pam']Well, I plan to fly my daughter over to meet me when I disembark in London so that we can have a few days together there sans grandchildren (her husband's suggestion), so I really don't need to be upgrading any further. I already upgraded more than I had planned, supposedly to get a tub. But I'll manage.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]I love the CC cabin for storage in closets and bathroom. .seems with the under counter cabinet gone and who knows how much closet we lost storage.. do not want to lose a bathtub. and the new drawer thing a joje.

where in london?? great city. I had a huge room and bath in my hotel.. [/COLOR]

An Azamara marketing person reading this thread might make 20% of the CC suites with tubs. Since they are a coveted feature, all the tubs might be in N1s. Then all the rest of the CCs could have large walk in showers.

[quote name='ellbon'][COLOR="Red"]I love the CC cabin for storage in closets and bathroom. .seems with the under counter cabinet gone and who knows how much closet we lost storage.. do not want to lose a bathtub. and the new drawer thing a joje.

where in london?? great city. I had a huge room and bath in my hotel.. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I can't decide, any suggestions? The last time we were there, we stayed farther away from everything than I want to this time; it was just the second time I'd ever been there and I didn't want to stay where I had stayed before ( one that was way too expensive). I looked at Ampersand, and I've looked at the chains but can't find the one that says "me! me!". If we share a room, which I think we'll have to in London, it needs to have some size on it.

And to keep this on Azamara topic, I'm not sure the CC suite would be big enough for my late husband and me; I can't decide where a second person is going to sit comfortably. And I'm not savvy on which is N1 and which is N something else. Edit: I went and checked the deck plans, I'd have to upgrade to get an N1. Edited by Pam

[quote name='Pam']I can't decide, any suggestions? The last time we were there, we stayed farther away from everything than I want to this time; it was just the second time I'd ever been there and I didn't want to stay where I had stayed before ( one that was way too expensive). I looked at Ampersand, and I've looked at the chains but can't find the one that says "me! me!". If we share a room, which I think we'll have to in London, it needs to have some size on it.

And to keep this on Azamara topic, I'm not sure the CC suite would be big enough for my late husband and me; I can't decide where a second person is going to sit comfortably. And I'm not savvy on which is N1 and which is N something else. Edit: I went and checked the deck plans, I'd have to upgrade to get an N1.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]Pam,, i think the letter names are strange for Celebrity and Az.. I just say mid ship port side. it was big enough before they added the so caleld new chairs.. i plan on removing the smaller one and adding a table for flowers or booze or food.. i am on always for 2 to 4 cruises and need table space.

the only time i stayed in the city since college i stayed high end at the Dorchester. i walked to where I wanted to go- i prefer the extras like location and tea and the bar.. if i go back i might try the Savoy.. i think location is the key.. near the tube and near places to eat. look at B&N stores and read there then check websites that we all know.

[/COLOR]

[quote name='uktog']I wonder what the answers will be[/QUOTE]
My wife and I book CC suites specifically for the tub/shower combo. I take showers in the morning, we both take baths to rest and relax after long, busy days in port before dinner.

[quote name='81Zoomie']An Azamara marketing person reading this thread might make 20% of the CC suites with tubs. Since they are a coveted feature, all the tubs might be in N1s. Then all the rest of the CCs could have large walk in showers.[/quote]

I'm not sure why you say the tubs are a coveted feature -- they're certainly coveted by a few, but the poll indicates the walk-in showers are significantly more coveted. I don't think there's any good reason to divide by N1/N2 status. Honestly, I don't envy Azamara trying to figure out how to divvy them up, nor do I know how they will handle people already booked now wanting to switch cabins. I'm booked in a CC suite next spring--I like the location, but if it ends up with a tub, I'll probably be up for trying to trade with somebody else, since the tub is difficult for my wife. Given that the suites are fully booked now, that would literally require a trade, not just switching to an unbooked cabin.

I'm sure of one thing. Whatever is done proportioning the tub and walk in shower cabins there will be someone who isn't happy, but I'm sure Azamara will do their best. 50/50 split? We'll just have to wait and see how many and which ones they do.

Phil Edited by excitedofharpenden

I think a bath is warm and relaxing on a cold weather cruise but on a lovely summer evening in the Med or Caribbean we much prefer to shower and relax before dinner on the balcony with a lovely sea view than being in the bathroom.