Liquor Tasting (?) on Summit

philpcruiser

Yes, I;ve seen various tastings on all ships, generally there is a small fee.

When you board, best thing to do is go to Cellar Masters and ask for their Beverage Activities schedule, they normally have a small flyer ready with times, dates and cost, and can make reservations for you.

On Summit I can recall a champagne pairing/tasting, bourbon, tequila, port and various wine versions, as well as a beer one.

I've seen the duty free shop have limited tastings for free on products that they are pushing. I think this is usually the first night. But I'm sure it could be on other nights. Completely different type tasting from the ones for a fee.

If you have the drink package you can do all the liquor tasting your heart desires!

Unfortunately, you have to wait 10-15 minutes between each tasting with this methodology. :D

But this brings up a good point, the tastings are not covered at all under any package.

Yes, I;ve seen various tastings on all ships, generally there is a small fee.

When you board, best thing to do is go to Cellar Masters and ask for their Beverage Activities schedule, they normally have a small flyer ready with times, dates and cost, and can make reservations for you.

On Summit I can recall a champagne pairing/tasting, bourbon, tequila, port and various wine versions, as well as a beer one.

That's what I'm looking for. You sit in a lounge, they pour, say, 4 kinds of rum, give a little history, and you drink it differently ( neat, mixed, with a soda, etc.). You walk away, although a bit tipsy, with a better knowledge of the spirit.

That's what I'm looking for. You sit in a lounge, they pour, say, 4 kinds of rum, give a little history, and you drink it differently ( neat, mixed, with a soda, etc.). You walk away, although a bit tipsy, with a better knowledge of the spirit.

Yep.

I've done the world wine tasting, they had 2 red and 2 white from each of if I recall 6 countries. Unlimited tastings allowed over about an hour (can't recall if they opened extra bottles or not).

Also did a champagne tasting, there were 4 varieties, the last he claimed to be a $400 bottle. But it was at 10:30 at night, after a long dinner with lots of drinks with a fun group in Murano, so didn't learn too much about champagne, but for it causes lots of giggling in a "primed" group!

The free tastings at the duty free shops is a total zoo. They have people passing samples back through the pressing crowd and others are spilled on people or floor for a sticky, smelly mess. For me it's not worth it to go again.

In 2013, Summit had a Wine around the world tasting. 6 countries with both a red and white from each. The price was very reasonable. DH is not a wine drinker and he even enjoyed it. You walked around at your own pace and at the end could go back to your favorites for seconds. If they still offer this, we plan on doing it again. I also did a wine in food pairing which was reasonably priced and very interesting.