Sip and sail disappointment.

lindasuej

I would guess that they think you might get TOO thirsty. :rolleyes: You have to drink an awful lot to break even on these packages if you pay the going rate.

However, we did take it for our upcoming New England/Canada cruise just because it is free. We have never been able to justify the normal price. Just don't drink that much.

Right! We would never had paid that either! ;)

Some meds that deal with irregular heartbeats, some that deal with mood swings, some that deal with chemo as another poster mentioned. This certainly isn't complete but is what comes to mind right now.

Diverticulitis, also

If you are sailing solo (paying the solo rate which is what it would cost for two per cabin) how do they work the AIBP freebie? Do you get one and lose out on the other, or can you get one package and one OBC? Same question with the specialty dining promotion -- one dinner for two or two dinners?

If you are sailing solo (paying the solo rate which is what it would cost for two per cabin) how do they work the AIBP freebie? Do you get one and lose out on the other, or can you get one package and one OBC? Same question with the specialty dining promotion -- one dinner for two or two dinners?
One package or OBC; one specialty dining.

Have they done away with the non-alcohol package that runs for $7/day? Wouldn't the OP be better off taking the OBC and buying the non-alcohol package for her husband? It doesn't sound like she drinks enough to take the alcohol package.

Soda and more? (used to be the ultimate kids package).

No they still have it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Have they done away with the non-alcohol package that runs for $7/day? Wouldn't the OP be better off taking the OBC and buying the non-alcohol package for her husband? It doesn't sound like she drinks enough to take the alcohol package.

Soda and more? (used to be the ultimate kids package).

No they still have it.

Neither of the soda packages is $7/day.

The Unlimited Soda Package (Item 0523) is $5.08 + gratuity = $5.96/day

The Unlimited Soda and More Package (Item 2312) is $4.80 + gratuity = $9.28/day

As noted by Colo Cruiser the Unlimited Soda and More Package used to be called the Ultimate Kid's Package. When I got it on a fairly recent cruise the sticker on the card still said UKP.

Be aware that the Unlimited Soda Package does not include soda in cans. It is all "from the gun" soda.

Neither of the soda packages is $7/day.

The Unlimited Soda Package (Item 0523) is $5.08 + gratuity = $5.96/day

The Unlimited Soda and More Package (Item 2312) is $4.80 + gratuity = $9.28/day

The Unlimited Soda Package (Item 0523) is $5.18/day including gratuity

The Unlimited Soda and More Package (Item 2312) is $8.05/day including gratuity.

Edited by caribill

The Unlimited Soda Package (Item 0523) is $5.18/day including gratuity

The Unlimited Soda and More Package (Item 2312) is $8.05/day including gratuity.

D'Oh! By golly I do believe you are correct. :o Not sure where my brain was when I typed the entry above (and I also fat fingered it even while getting it wrong!). I suppose I really shouldn't try to post while working as sometimes the actual work gets in the way. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the corrected info.

Well you can see what ours is worth!! It's for 21 days!! :D

Does your booking mention anything about the free specialty dining? We have booked a mini-suite so according to the promotion, we get that. However it doesn't show on the booking like the drink package does.

Does your booking mention anything about the free specialty dining? We have booked a mini-suite so according to the promotion, we get that. However it doesn't show on the booking like the drink package does.

Look on your booking confirmation under "Notices". You should see it there.

You can also check on the Personalizer under "Itinerary". Scroll past the port information to the "Notices" section. It should be right after the "General Information" section.

I can understand the issue for the OP. Frankly I can't rationalize the cost of buying the package even though we both like adult beverages. It seems that if we are on a voyage that is port intensive with few sea days, that we can't get ahead of the curve.

On the Baltic and TA BTB voyages next August/September we have the Sip & Sail so we will exercise the program. There are many sea days as we cross the Atlantic so it will be a real test. At consideration is enrolling at the Betty Ford Clinic upon our return.

Interesting to hear what Princess is offering as OBC if you opt out of the S&S promotion. Possible math conclusion might be the difference between what is offered and the real cost of the program........and they still make a profit from the inflated fare price to incorporate the promotion. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain seeing that we are Carnival Corp share and stakeholders.

Look on your booking confirmation under "Notices". You should see it there.

You can also check on the Personalizer under "Itinerary". Scroll past the port information to the "Notices" section. It should be right after the "General Information" section.

I don't see it there on anything, only the drink package. I sent an email off to my TA to have her check on it.

thanks for the information!