on the Dawn right now and just got word that we are not leaving until Wed.

Smellytoes

They did. I saw the "meet-up." When last I looked, the BA was docking, and the Summit was on the horizon.

That reminds me of 2009 when the Spirit did Boston to Bermuda and the Dawn did NYC to Bermuda. We left on Wed. morning, very early, as the Dawn was coming in doing this same "meet-up". The good old days :)

Our taxi driver from Horseshoe Bay was able to tell us that it was an azipod problem and that's why we were delayed.

The ship's captain finally announced last night that is was previously scheduled maintenance that took longer than expected. Why couldn't he tell us that in the first place?

Today, all the pools and hot tubs are closed. No one seems to know why:confused:

This morning as we were sailing out we passed the Breakaway with the sun rising beside it. I wish I had a camera handy.

Our taxi driver from Horseshoe Bay was able to tell us that it was an azipod problem and that's why we were delayed.

The ship's captain finally announced last night that is was previously scheduled maintenance that took longer than expected. Why couldn't he tell us that in the first place?

QUOTE]

Pretty sad state of affairs when communication from a taxi driver is better than that of NCL.:o

In my opinion, it would have been more courteous if the Captain had informed the passengers. Maybe not mention 'azipod' specifically since so there are so many azipod horror stories, but at least address the reason so people aren't thinking Armageddon :).

Regardless, looks like a huge win for you smellytoes. Hope you enjoyed every extra minute in Bermuda!

PS: Are neither pools functional? What about the water slides? I can't even begin to imagine the line at the zip line :(

In the end does it really matter? Its not like anyone could do anything about it. I could care less why I was staying another day in Bermuda. Life's too short, enjoy the extra day

Edited by Laszlo

That reminds me of 2009 when the Spirit did Boston to Bermuda and the Dawn did NYC to Bermuda. We left on Wed. morning, very early, as the Dawn was coming in doing this same "meet-up". The good old days :)

I was on the Spirit when they would meet up in the early morning hours. The memories are amazing. I miss the Spirit in the US. She's been banished to Europe forever (and her short stint returning to the USA isn't do-able). I was hoping she'd go to Asia since her roots are in Asia but the Star is going instead. Maharini's is so much better on Spirit than Spinnakers on Star!!

QUOTE]

Pretty sad state of affairs when communication from a taxi driver is better than that of NCL.:o

Who was the Captain ??

Was it " Yurcaptain Fromdabridge " still??;):)

I was on the Spirit when they would meet up in the early morning hours. The memories are amazing. I miss the Spirit in the US. She's been banished to Europe forever (and her short stint returning to the USA isn't do-able). I was hoping she'd go to Asia since her roots are in Asia but the Star is going instead. Maharini's is so much better on Spirit than Spinnakers on Star!!

Why would you want her in Asia when it's going to be stateside?

No that is the new NCL policy instituted by FDR - keep-em guessing and

surprise them with sudden unexplained fees charges etc.

Now let's see what NCL can dream up for this event - that and tomorrow is

supposed to be "THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT" !

He'd probably charge for updates if he thought he could get away with it.

Who was the Captain ??

Was it " Yurcaptain Fromdabridge " still??;):)

LOL ! That family has a lot of sailing experience.

I work in aviation and the Speaking family has so many pilots !

"This is your Captain Speaking"

QUOTE]

I don't know, but I kind of suspect, there may have been more to it....

by that I mean they might not have been sure at the time that they could fix it in time to make the return voyage, and were just 'hedgeing' until they were certain....

In the end does it really matter? Its not like anyone could do anything about it. I could care less why I was staying another day in Bermuda. Life's too short, enjoy the extra day

Oh, but it does matter:eek: Those people will go home NEVER knowing why they had an extra day there:D Now that's mental stress.

Why would you want her in Asia when it's going to be stateside?

SuperStar Leo aka Norwegian Spirit was designed for the Asian market because she sailed there before being transferred to the US / NCL North American market. Her decor is the most unique of any NCL ship (including the new ones)... from her exterior hull art on the exterior to her elegant interior spaces with an Orient theme, she's perfect to return to her first-born home of Asia. :)

SuperStar Leo aka Norwegian Spirit was designed for the Asian market because she sailed there before being transferred to the US / NCL North American market. Her decor is the most unique of any NCL ship (including the new ones)... from her exterior hull art on the exterior to her elegant interior spaces with an Orient theme, she's perfect to return to her first-born home of Asia. :)

You used the words "isn't doable". I read it as you couldn't work it in your schedule stateside, but could if it was in Asia. I'm itching to cruise her for her uniqueness and she'll be 40 minutes from me. Unless a super duper solo deal comes up, it will remain a wish to me:mad: