Diamond Drink Menu

Sascol

We are Diamond members and I know this entitles us to three free drinks each during designated evening hours on the ship. Does anyone happen to have a list of the specific things available to us? Many months ago I saw a menu of options that would be available but I can't seem to locate that. Thank you in advance.

Officially, it's what you can get in the lounge: House wine, well drinks, etc. We were fortunate to get some better wine every night on the way to the MDR, but YMMV.

I know I've seen a list somewhere, but like you can't remember where!

We are Diamond members and I know this entitles us to three free drinks each during designated evening hours on the ship. Does anyone happen to have a list of the specific things available to us? Many months ago I saw a menu of options that would be available but I can't seem to locate that. Thank you in advance.

To clarify, you will be able to get 3 drinks during evening hours (usually 5:30 to 8) at the bars using the vouchers loaded on your seapass card each day. You ALSO can get unlimited drinks during these hours in the Diamond Lounge.

The Diamond Lounge is the better deal. I would hit a bar before dinner and a double Jameson counted as 2 drinks. So I only could get a beer next. When we found the deal at the DL we spent after dinner time right there.

What about water, do you get bottled water in the lounge/at the bar during these hours?

My GF drinks water instead of alcohol...

I've not seen bottled water offered in the lounges.

One question here is are those drinks standard fleetwide regardless of where they are?

Or it differs by area? For example, if the ship is in Australia, will they serve local Australian beers instead of Corona?

Probably not in the lounge. And the local beer if brought on board will likely be "premium" which may keep you from getting it at the bar. Experience varies on what the bars will give you on the diamond coupon; we were given some decent wine on our last cruise.

The beer thing is interesting. I had a couple of conversations with the Pub manager on Brilliance. Even though we were on a UK based cruise, almost all the beer was a US brand (with a few exceptions). They used to have Old Speckled Hen on draft, even had a tap for it in the Schooner, but no such luck. They apparently have little leeway, and at least on Brilliance that splits time between the UK and the US, they don't like to bring something onboard that they can't get in the US, or possibly can't take into the US.

Australia might be different. They will stock with what's available rather than shipping a US beer to Australia, but if you can get Budweiser and Corona in Australia, you're probably stuck with them on the ship...

We were on the Serenade TA in April and they didn't have bourbon on the list. We asked the bar manager why and he said no problem so he put a bottle for us in the R Bar but not in the Diamond lounge. We drank that bottle and they replaced it with another. So I guess it is just who you ask and how you ask.:D

One question here is are those drinks standard fleetwide regardless of where they are?

Or it differs by area? For example, if the ship is in Australia, will they serve local Australian beers instead of Corona?

Yes, our experience has been that they will bring on board local beer along with Vegemite!!:D

So you get a glass of water?

What about bars with the coupons?

You can get a glass of tap water in the lounges or at any bar, without using any vouchers.

I don't know if you can get bottled water with the vouchers at bars.

I think there is room for a little flexibility on the type of drinks depending on the bar and person serving.

For example we never use the diamond lounge but use the champagne bar every evening for pre and post dinner drinks.

I like dirty absolute vodka martinis, and my wife likes a red wine that is not listed on the Free drink menu and we both got our free drinks that we asked for every evening. And no we did not have any drink package.

I do leave a $4.00 tip for each rounds which is 2 drinks, one for wife and myself.

To clarify, you will be able to get 3 drinks during evening hours (usually 5:30 to 8) at the bars using the vouchers loaded on your seapass card each day. You ALSO can get unlimited drinks during these hours in the Diamond Lounge.

If first seating is at 6, it's 5 to 8:30

If first seating is at 5:30, it's 4:30 to 8

Yes, our experience has been that they will bring on board local beer along with Vegemite!!:D

Yes to that!!! Was with Radiance in Australia and New Zealand and having Vegimite for breakfast!!! I also love those local Australian potato chip bags in the park cafe..

Then 3 months after... Was with Voyager in Japan and they have a full stack of authentic Japanese Green Tea bag in Cafe Promenade.. but they ran out in mid sailing coz they are quite popular and guests are grabbing numerous packs and hoarded it.. :p

Was not Diamond yet on my last Radiance cruise but I have another Radiance Australia coming up... hoping they bring in those local Australian Bundaberg ginger beer onboard for the lounge instead of Ginger Ale.

Edited by roquejo

I've been able to get Cosmos in Diamond Lounge.. and.usually some

variety of martini Are they available when using the drinks loaded

on card at bars?

It may vary, but we have been able to get cosmos using the drink vouchers.