Diamond Drink Menu

Sascol

It may vary, but we have been able to get cosmos using the drink vouchers.

Agree. It "appears" they only count the primary ingredient, so standard well drinks (gin & tonic; rum & coke, martini, cosmo, etc.) should be covered. If you want a Balvenie neat, I think you're paying...

I think there is room for a little flexibility on the type of drinks depending on the bar and person serving.

I do leave a $4.00 tip for each rounds which is 2 drinks, one for wife and myself.

That's what we've noticed, treat your bartenders well and the rules start to get a little fluid and bendy.

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but what happens on a ship with no Diamond Lounge ? Is it just the 3 drink coupons? Or do they set up a section of one of the the regular bars for the Diamond, and Diamond +, and non-suite guests to use during the "cocktail hours" ? Probably won't ever want more than 3 anyway, since I'll be in Alaska, and not the sunny,sweltering Caribbean but I'm still curious!!!:D

Thanks in advance!!! - Miriam

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but what happens on a ship with no Diamond Lounge ? Is it just the 3 drink coupons? Or do they set up a section of one of the the regular bars for the Diamond, and Diamond +, and non-suite guests to use during the "cocktail hours" ? Probably won't ever want more than 3 anyway, since I'll be in Alaska, and not the sunny,sweltering Caribbean but I'm still curious!!!:D

Thanks in advance!!! - Miriam

You get the 3 drink coupons on every ship.

There are only two ships without a DL, Majesty and Jewel. Last I read, Majesty has their cocktail hour on a lounge and offers the same drinks as other ships do in the DL. Don't know if Jewel is doing the same, or if she is doing the old nightly Diamond event with only house wine/champagne and soda.

Question: I'm assuming it's either/or Get your drinks in D Lounge,

or use lounges/bars with the 3 drinks loaded on your card during the

certain hours.

If so inclined (and it wouldn't be me) could a D member go to lounge,

order drinks, and then go to lounge/bar and still get 3 drinks during

the same time period?

I don't even use up the 3 drinks...a lite drinker!

certain hours.

the same time period?

All you can drink at the D Lounge plus three drinks each in the bars. It's not an either/or...

I got a bottle of water at a bar using my coupons. It was sparkling water. It is classified as a non-alcoholic drink. My Granddaughter is Diamond too but under 21 so she gets the non-alcoholic drinks.

Thanks for the information. So we gonna try to get some bottled water with drink vouchers, too!

As mentioned, you can't get specialty coffee, but I wanted to add that the espresso machine is available in the lounge all day and night so you can always go there to get basic specialty coffee. It's not bad actually.

Also, if you go to the DL you can get other kinds of drinks that the bars won't give you. My wife had a mixed margarita most nights. In fact, the guy working there was so good he had it ready for her almost as quickly as she could get some appetizers and sit down. The don't have an ice machine going in there, so mostly just mixed drinks if they know how. If there's something specific you want, just ask. They won't yell at you and they try really hard to accommodate.

We often went to the DL then picked up a glass of wine at a promenade bar on the way to dinner. It's a pretty amazing loyalty program.

Tom

Anybody try to get any specialty coffee w/ their three Diamond Drinks?

This will be our first time as Diamond. I am a bit confused. I had read you could get wine, champagne etc. & had to pay for beer but got a 25% discount on it. Are you saying budweiser beer is also one of the free drinks if you are Diamond?

certain hours.

the same time period?

Correct. You can go to D lounge, have some drinks and still have your 3 voucher drinks available at the bars. The catch is it must be done in the stipulated time that drinks are available in the DL.

This will be our first time as Diamond. I am a bit confused. I had read you could get wine, champagne etc. & had to pay for beer but got a 25% discount on it. Are you saying budweiser beer is also one of the free drinks if you are Diamond?

Yes Bud is free if you are Diamond. Of course only during the stipulated time.

Fortunately that policy is history. All ships have 3 drink vouchers.

All but 2 ships have a Diamond lounge.

Correct. You can go to D lounge, have some drinks and still have your 3 voucher drinks available at the bars. The catch is it must be done in the stipulated time that drinks are available in the DL.

Is the D lounge & 3 voucher drinks available every day including embarkation day?

My son will be happy that Bud is now included as he only drinks beer.

Is the D lounge & 3 voucher drinks available every day including embarkation day?

My son will be happy that Bud is now included as he only drinks beer.

Yes. There will also be other benefits loaded to your sea pass card. There are no value / perks booklet like the old days. On embarkation day just go to any bar give them your sea pass and ask for a print out of your Diamond perks.

We often went to the DL then picked up a glass of wine at a promenade bar on the way to dinner. It's a pretty amazing loyalty program.

Tom

Haha, that is also my habit. But since there are 3 drinks, I also get some cans of beer or soda afterwards and save it for lunch tomorrow.

Others get bottled waters for their stateroom use for the night.. so that no drinks are wasted since it will not carry over to the next day.

Yup, really amazing loyalty program if you hit Diamond and up.

The confusion here is that you are stating the policy for ships that had no D Lounge, but instead a D EVENT. Fortunately, all but 2 ships now have a D LOUNGE, with free beer and cocktails. You will also be able to get beer with your nightly vouchers.

Haha, that is also my habit. But since there are 3 drinks, I also get some cans of beer or soda afterwards and save it for lunch tomorrow.

Others get bottled waters for their stateroom use for the night.. so that no drinks are wasted since it will not carry over to the next day.

Yup, really amazing loyalty program if you hit Diamond and up.

Do you pick up your water and soda and the DL or a bar?

Next cruise will be our first as diamond. We don't drink alcohol, so will our vouchers cover the water and nonalcoholic drinks or will we need to ask for the children's vouchers?

Next cruise will be our first as diamond. We don't drink alcohol, so will our vouchers cover the water and nonalcoholic drinks or will we need to ask for the children's vouchers?

You can use vouchers to get soda at any bar, but not at restaurants.

You can also get unlimited soda while in the Diamond Lounge. Drinks you get in the Diamond Lounge do not count against your vouchers.

Children are not issued 3 vouchers for beverages.

You get the 3 drink coupons on every ship.

There are only two ships without a DL, Majesty and Jewel. Don't know if Jewel is doing the same, or if she is doing the old nightly Diamond event with only house wine/champagne and soda.

Of course, I'm on the Jewel, out of Seattle, on the 4th of September, to Alaska, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It's alright though, because we are travelling with another couple who are on their very first cruise! We don't want to leave them alone, just to have a cocktail in the evening, so the Sea Pass card works fine for us. It's both our Silver Anniversaries, so we'll be toasting a lot anyway!!

Thanks for your help! - Miriam

Speaking of toasting (congrats to the two couples in the post above celebrating their silver anniversaries), it looks like the Diamond drinks menu doesn't include a sparkling wine or bourbon.

Do the lounges sometimes have more than what's on the list, or are they pretty limited? Also, if you've ordered a Manhattan in the DL, has anyone noticed if they've added bitters when making the drink?

On Rhapsody in June they were definitely serving sparkling wine. Was even able to have peach nectar added to make Bellini.

Thanks--that's good to know. I guess I'll just have to see what's there on Vision this coming January. It probably varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. It's a nine-night cruise from Tampa, so I expect there will be quite a few diamonds and higher on board.